Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Politics/Religion Forum

Politics/Religion Forum This special place is for threads that are primarily on political or religious subjects.

Old 04-23-2018, 05:28 AM   #31
riplipper
Relax, a beer will help

Re: Politics be dammed! Let's talk religion for an off topic spell.

It is a shame you are such a hater of Christianity. The fact that you broad stroke such a mass of people as complete idiots is pretty scary and shows a huge lack of character.
And I do not have a religious bone in my body, and I will agree that religion has caused quite a bit of todays problems, if not all of them. However, there are tens of millions of good Christians, that harm nobody, don't push an agenda, they simply just have faith. They use that faith to help them through tough times, they use that faith to hope there is a good life after this one. Is that such a bad thing?
Old 04-23-2018, 07:09 AM   #32
SubSub

Quote:
Originally Posted by riplipper View Post
It is a shame you are such a hater of Christianity. The fact that you broad stroke such a mass of people as complete idiots is pretty scary and shows a huge lack of character.
And I do not have a religious bone in my body, and I will agree that religion has caused quite a bit of todays problems, if not all of them. However, there are tens of millions of good Christians, that harm nobody, don't push an agenda, they simply just have faith. They use that faith to help them through tough times, they use that faith to hope there is a good life after this one. Is that such a bad thing?

I'm by no means a hater. I know there are plenty of good religious people, christians, buddhists, and I'm sure there are good people also in other religions. One of my employees is deeply religious and we have had many interesting discussions around the topic.

What is religion anyways? Before there were states, governments and democracy there were religion. In ancient times religion formed as a efficient way of controlling the forming societies. Sets of rules to live by, taxes and punishments for those who did not conform with the rules.

As the years went by societies progressed, democracy formed and religion became a less efficient way to rule and control the people. The church obviously didn't like to become a bystander, lose power and money so they have done their best to cling on and still today they control large groups of people, still banking tons and tons of money.

Nowadays the church does not fill the same purpose it once did, but it still has heavy influence over the people that choose to follow. This is where the problematic bit starts, not always but too often.
Since this is no exact science, it is arbitrary to the person interpreting the holy book (regardless religion) in which way he choose to preach and lead the people that follow. If you see to all the problems in the world, a great deal of them... I'd even go so far as to say the majority of them are sprung out of religion.

Another part of the problem with religion is the way it is preached. It is force fed to children who have no saying, who have no way of choosing what they are taught. Brainwashing in simple words.

In these times it is more important than ever to bring up free thinking individuals, the exact opposite of teaching people to obey and conform. There are too many useful idiots as is, regardless if we're speaking of religion, politics or anything else that dictate how people should live their lives.
SubSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 08:17 AM   #33
riplipper
Relax, a beer will help

Agreed
Old 04-23-2018, 03:43 PM   #34
fitz

Quote:
Agreed
Really? There are so many things wrong with that crap, right now there is no time. Back later.
Christian in the vein of Augustine and the Five Solas, advocate for patriarchy, western and Christian tradition, and the nuclear family. Avid hunter, fisherman and outdoorsman. Once the first life is taken in defense of kith and kin, all the rest are freeÖI, withdraw my consent whether, tacit, complicit or implied, to be governed by idiots.
fitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 03:45 PM   #35
fitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpearMax View Post
I cleaned up this thread. Do not post nude photos or attack others with crude reference to children or you will be banned.
Supreme One, I apologize.
The question about children is still a valid one. There was no counter response explaining why I am wrong.
Christian in the vein of Augustine and the Five Solas, advocate for patriarchy, western and Christian tradition, and the nuclear family. Avid hunter, fisherman and outdoorsman. Once the first life is taken in defense of kith and kin, all the rest are freeÖI, withdraw my consent whether, tacit, complicit or implied, to be governed by idiots.
Old 04-23-2018, 04:37 PM   #36
SubSub

Herr Fritzl.

That pedo phantasy of yours is hard to shake, isnít it you old pervert!? Honestly, I canít even remember what you said in that pathetic trolling attempt. Give me something with a bit more substance and Iíll give it a few minutes to reply.
Old 04-23-2018, 06:03 PM   #37
HARVESTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubSub View Post
Herr Fritzl.

That pedo phantasy of yours is hard to shake, isnít it you old pervert!? Honestly, I canít even remember what you said in that pathetic trolling attempt. Give me something with a bit more substance and Iíll give it a few minutes to reply.
Now why is the "old pervert" not subject to this warning? Don't bother - I already know. People who are strong and self - sufficient usually don't complain about internet posts - they have other stuff to do.

But, The flower girls will always cry to Momma, wont they?

I support Fitz and welcome his sarcasm, his whit, his realism actually and you can cry all you want. From what I understand, your land will be "assimilated" into the alterative you wish for. Good riddance and don't expect us old perverts to fight for your cowered asses this time.
HARVESTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 06:20 PM   #38
fitz

Ok, I am back.
Subweed, If your government passes a bill, law, that you can now have sex with 10 year olds, would you follow the law?
Old 04-23-2018, 06:23 PM   #39
fitz

Rip, I respect you, you may not be religious, is your family? Do you have family back 3 generations that were religious?

Last edited by fitz; 04-23-2018 at 06:46 PM. Reason: spell+
Old 04-23-2018, 06:38 PM   #40
fitz

Quote:
I'm by no means a hater. I know there are plenty of good religious people, christians, buddhists, and I'm sure there are good people also in other religions. One of my employees is deeply religious and we have had many interesting discussions around the topic.

What is religion anyways? Before there were states, governments and democracy there were religion. In ancient times religion formed as a efficient way of controlling the forming societies. Sets of rules to live by, taxes and punishments for those who did not conform with the rules.

As the years went by societies progressed, democracy formed and religion became a less efficient way to rule and control the people. The church obviously didn't like to become a bystander, lose power and money so they have done their best to cling on and still today they control large groups of people, still banking tons and tons of money.

Nowadays the church does not fill the same purpose it once did, but it still has heavy influence over the people that choose to follow. This is where the problematic bit starts, not always but too often.
Since this is no exact science, it is arbitrary to the person interpreting the holy book (regardless religion) in which way he choose to preach and lead the people that follow. If you see to all the problems in the world, a great deal of them... I'd even go so far as to say the majority of them are sprung out of religion.

Another part of the problem with religion is the way it is preached. It is force fed to children who have no saying, who have no way of choosing what they are taught. Brainwashing in simple words.

In these times it is more important than ever to bring up free thinking individuals, the exact opposite of teaching people to obey and conform. There are too many useful idiots as is, regardless if we're speaking of religion, politics or anything else that dictate how people should live their lives.
You are a fraud. Cultural Marxist to the max. You are the infection on Spearboard.
Your country was once part of Western Civilization. Yep, Christendom, your forebears were religious and that is how you have morals today. Ignore it, shake me off, it does not matter. If you were born in Saudia Arabia would you be yourself today? If you were born in Somalia would you be yourself today? If you were born in Japan would you be yourself today?
You deny the benefits of Christianity and claim man can make his own morals. Answer, if your gov passes a law that it is now Ok to have sex with a 10 year old, will you follow the law?
Why? As much detail as you need.
Straight question, answer it.
Note: the Blog Emperor is protecting you, so let it all out.

Last edited by fitz; 04-23-2018 at 07:09 PM. Reason: ++++
Old 04-24-2018, 08:36 AM   #41
SubSub

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARVESTER View Post
Now why is the "old pervert" not subject to this warning? Don't bother - I already know. People who are strong and self - sufficient usually don't complain about internet posts - they have other stuff to do.

But, The flower girls will always cry to Momma, wont they?

I support Fitz and welcome his sarcasm, his whit, his realism actually and you can cry all you want. From what I understand, your land will be "assimilated" into the alterative you wish for. Good riddance and don't expect us old perverts to fight for your cowered asses this time.
Mmkay. Well if someone complained it wasn't me. It's all good, you can hold hands with Mr. Fritzl as much as you want. I'd be surprised if you didn't.

Funny how people from across the globe who don't know shit know so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitz View Post
Ok, I am back.
Subweed, If your government passes a bill, law, that you can now have sex with 10 year olds, would you follow the law?
Fritzl. What do you think...

Quote:
You are a fraud. Cultural Marxist to the max. You are the infection on Spearboard.
Your country was once part of Western Civilization. Yep, Christendom, your forebears were religious and that is how you have morals today. Ignore it, shake me off, it does not matter. If you were born in Saudia Arabia would you be yourself today? If you were born in Somalia would you be yourself today? If you were born in Japan would you be yourself today?
You deny the benefits of Christianity and claim man can make his own morals. Answer, if your gov passes a law that it is now Ok to have sex with a 10 year old, will you follow the law?
Why? As much detail as you need.
Straight question, answer it.
Note: the Blog Emperor is protecting you, so let it all out.

Soo I am a "Cultural marxist", " the Infection of Spearboard" and "The Blog Emperor is protecting me"? I don't think so, I just think some of the dumb shit you say is too much even for "the Blog Emperor".

A bit rough cut perhaps, but what you're saying is that no others than christians or descendants of christians have or can have morals? There are plenty of examples of secular moralism you know.

Much of the acts of terror happening in the US are executed by christian nutters, how about their morality? They are after all "good christians"? And how about the countries that do have good morals, but that never had christianity?

Ofcourse history affect how things look today, but you know there is this little thing called evolution. Things progress. Evolve. Old things gets out of date and new things develop in it's place. This is how the world works. Some people embrace progression and try to make things better and some oppose it. That you are a paranoid reactionary that believe in every conspiracy thrown at you is totally clear, and I'd be very surprised if you're not also a member of some militant christian right wing movement. Spot on?

Regarding your other question, go figure. That question is so ****ing weird and inappropriate I'm not gonna dignify it a response. There are plenty of laws that allow you to do weird shit, but you don't.
Old 04-24-2018, 09:13 AM   #42
riplipper
Relax, a beer will help

Quote:
Rip, I respect you, you may not be religious, is your family? Do you have family back 3 generations that were religious?
Yes everybody in my family is somewhat religious, say prayers, have faith, but they do not go to church too often. I support my kids and say prayers with them every night, not trying to be a hypocrite at all, I applaud their faith, fully support it, and don’t want to in anyway influence them from that. I just don’t have it personally and Do not try to negatively influence them
Old 04-25-2018, 08:05 PM   #43
fitz

Quote:
Mmkay. Well if someone complained it wasn't me. It's all good, you can hold hands with Mr. Fritzl as much as you want. I'd be surprised if you didn't.

Funny how people from across the globe who don't know shit know so much!

Fritzl. What do you think...

Soo I am a "Cultural marxist", " the Infection of Spearboard" and "The Blog Emperor is protecting me"? I don't think so, I just think some of the dumb shit you say is too much even for "the Blog Emperor".

A bit rough cut perhaps, but what you're saying is that no others than christians or descendants of christians have or can have morals? There are plenty of examples of secular moralism you know.

Much of the acts of terror happening in the US are executed by christian nutters, how about their morality? They are after all "good christians"? And how about the countries that do have good morals, but that never had christianity?

Ofcourse history affect how things look today, but you know there is this little thing called evolution. Things progress. Evolve. Old things gets out of date and new things develop in it's place. This is how the world works. Some people embrace progression and try to make things better and some oppose it. That you are a paranoid reactionary that believe in every conspiracy thrown at you is totally clear, and I'd be very surprised if you're not also a member of some militant christian right wing movement. Spot on?

Regarding your other question, go figure. That question is so ****ing weird and inappropriate I'm not gonna dignify it a response. There are plenty of laws that allow you to do weird shit, but you don't.
Secular moralism, so you are Ok if your gov, the moral authority of you, passes a law that allows you to have sex with a ten year old. Nice. Evolution of morals. No subweed, man does not make the moral rules, he wants to, but every time it is a fuc# up. Pray to your gov, ask for the best morals that a civilization could ask for.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:16 PM   #44
fitz

Quote:
Yes everybody in my family is somewhat religious, say prayers, have faith, but they do not go to church too often. I support my kids and say prayers with them every night, not trying to be a hypocrite at all, I applaud their faith, fully support it, and donít want to in anyway influence them from that. I just donít have it personally and Do not try to negatively influence them
I was a Pagan for a good part of my life. Raised Christian and went to church. I realized that I was wrong in my thinking and came back to Christianity. The Church around me is dominated by Lesbian Pastors, so I am out. I get great conversation with other Pastors online with their podcasts. I think traditional family, history and western civilization, Western civilization is a consequence of three things: The European nations, Christianity, and the Graeco-Roman legacy of philosophy and law.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:31 PM   #45
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Apparently, you have some values. I certainly have MUCH more in common with you than the toxic family economic racial moral destructive agenda of the Progressives/Neocons/Zionists. History shows that this kind of anti-species moral depravity has preceded the downfalls of empires. Of course the real evil hides behind the tools/consumers of the propaganda (COUGHELMARXIST)...on the left and right. They have no values/allegiance except to their very most immoral ilk that infects the power structure. An intellectual cleansing can't come soon enough.