Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Northern Atlantic: New England States

Northern Atlantic: New England States An area for the cold water divers of the New England States.

Old 09-28-2012, 01:40 PM   #16
stripermike
Colder then cold

Re: Impressed by Mako

This sounds great. Never herd of getting a warranty on a safety related item. I know were to buy my next belt.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:21 PM   #17
cboneill37
Scoup

I really like my Mako belt. I used it all last season and this season and I'm quite hard on it. No tears, rips or breakdown. I would definitely buy another one, tough price to beat too.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:55 PM   #18
Kevin Sheets

I just read Guillotines comment,,, that is hilarious! I have found some strong currents out there as well!! I dropped a diver in once, and he took off like a rocket!! I didn't even notice the current at the time. That was a long ass walk and swim for you!! Lol
Kevin Sheets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:52 PM   #19
stripey

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillotine View Post
That reminds me. The same thing, but at Kettlebottom. The rule was that the tide changed at Jameston one hour before the posted change at Newport. The new rule is to add half an hour around full and new moon.
Half an hour swimming with my head down at 45 degrees to the current hoping to overshoot so I could get back to the boat. When I looked up,I had lost 50 yards. A long swim to the shore, climbed the cliff near the quartz stripe, walked up to a house, got a ride home. I had to take my bicycle to the marina to find a ride out to my boat. ( Never leave your truck keys on the same ring as your boat keys) The guy who gave me a ride to my boat thought that the whole thing was hilarious so that the incident appeared in the local paper with me as the doofus.

There are so many morals to this story that I won't even try.
That is damn funny! Serious playing field for problems...but very funny story nonetheless! Thanks for sharing!!!
stripey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:25 AM   #20
gillotine

That was a " Double L " situation. Learn and Laugh