Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 05-10-2020, 12:31 AM   #16
jtobin

Re: Passing of a legend: Dix Roper

Dix was a unique character and always in full, tireless pursuit of adventure. I first met him in 1993 and spent a week with him at his shack on Isla Cedros. At the conclusion of the trip, the only airplane servicing the island broke down with no known date of return to service launching me into one of my most memorable Baja adventures as I hitched a ride first on a passing sympathetic sailboat to Bahia Tortugas then northward, via various means, back to my waiting car at the airport in Ensenada. But that's a story for another time. Dix stayed behind on Cedros to wait things out; I had to get back to work.

Years later, I again shared another adventure with Dix, this time in Australia hunting dog tooth tuna in the Coral Sea. Dix always had some of the best stories and was a gifted story teller. It was fun to dive with him again and hear his latest sagas over a cold beer at the end of a long and productive day of hunting.

Hi lived life to the fullest, always on his own terms and always chasing the next big adventure with the energy of a man half his age. Rest well Dix.
jtobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 07:17 AM   #17
Rich45

Re: Passing of a legend: Dix Roper

DIX love ya man
Rich45 is offline   Reply With Quote