Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 07-16-2018, 09:45 PM   #16
Jesstr23

Re: Best Shore Diving in CA?

I have a Vibe “skipjack” 9ft kayak id be willing to trade for a spear gun. I got it about 4 months ago, but got a lil boat last month. Message me if interested
Jesstr23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 10:12 AM   #17
Gary Schulte

Send a message via AIM to Gary Schulte

SD. La Jolla, goes without saying. Out by the lifeguard tower, south of the La Jolla cove reserve. Enter somewhere near or at the Children's pool. Out to the kelp, find reefs, or look for gamefish in the forest.

Back in my youth this was true. Sadly, today not so much. I dove there (scuba) about 5 years ago and found the area almost baren. Who do I blame? The whacko's that allowed 100+ sea lions to inhabit Casa Cove. They've eaten almost anything out there. It's so bad that when fishing a mile offshore, you have to battle the sea lions or they'll steal your bait right off the hook.
Gary Schulte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 09:23 PM   #18
quattroluvr
Leigh

Send a message via Skype™ to quattroluvr

I once rented a yak and took it out to the kelp, visiting from Oregon. Just stay away from the rental shops closest to the beach that are more restrictive.
quattroluvr is offline   Reply With Quote