Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion

General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion This is where you post to discuss general spearfishing topics that could apply to any region.

Old 12-30-2016, 02:02 PM   #1
SpearMax
Forum Administrator

Arrow SharkBanz investigates local teen's rare attack wearing shark repelling band

SharkBanz investigates local teen's rare attack wearing shark repelling band

WPEC 12 NEWS
by Jana Eschbach
Thursday, December 29th 2016

http://cbs12.com/news/local/sharkban...repelling-band

“Live this day as if it will be your last. Remember that you will only find 'tomorrow' on the calendars of fools.”

---- Success Unlimited Author Og Mandino b.1923 - d.1996
SpearMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 04:11 PM   #2
scubasteve311

Re: SharkBanz investigates local teen's rare attack wearing shark repelling band

This is just one of many videos. makes you want to rush out and get one right away.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
scubasteve311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 04:12 PM   #3
scubasteve311

Re: SharkBanz investigates local teen's rare attack wearing shark repelling band

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve311 View Post
This is just one of many videos. makes you want to rush out and get one right away. Sharkbanz Test: http://youtu.be/uY6U9j3ZVes

Old 12-31-2016, 06:14 PM   #4
mc diver 36

Lol. Yeah definately not buying that!
Thanks for posting , scubasteve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-01-2017, 11:26 AM   #5
captain.ed

I like the sharks behavior as he gets close to it on several of the passes...no reaction to it at all until he takes an investigatory bite and takes it off the spear. It does look like he dropped it but I think that had as much to do with the color as it did with the emf it was putting out; in other words, none at all. And I gotta tell the shark band people that if the shark spits it out after biting it it's pretty much a fail. Perhaps these things should be bundled with a Combat Action Tourniquet (CAT).

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
Old 01-01-2017, 04:50 PM   #6
scubasteve311

The shark shield works very well its basically a electromagnet. Magnets on steroids. I've had bull sharks came at me as I'm pulling up my catch and I would flip the switch at the last second and they turn of like the first sniff of a smelly vagina.

Old 01-02-2017, 07:32 AM   #7
captain.ed

I have no doubt that shark shield works. But I would imagine that the difference between shark shield and shark bans would be quite dramatic. Just look at the power supplies. Shark shield has a heavy lithium battery while shark banz has a watch battery. The magnetic field put out by both units could be compared to trying to light up a dark room with your digital watch (sharkbanz) compared to using a 2 C-cell flashlight. Of course I have no real information about either device but I do have a very good understanding of the physics surrounding radio waves propagation. One simple rule is that signal output is directly proportional to power output.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Old 01-03-2017, 09:28 AM   #8
humpinit

I have gone over the falls and landed on or very close to black tips. Never got bit and never had a shark ban. Looks like the shark was agitated by the band and took a bite to see what it was. Not a good thing.
humpinit is offline   Reply With Quote