Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 07-21-2009, 06:49 PM   #31
Island Rat

Re: Schwarzenegger just stuck his nose into it..

The BOOBS we have running this place never surprise me.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:24 PM   #32
zenspearo

Let's recall the SOB. I know it's his last term but I'm sick of this clown.

Please generalize the LOCATION/TIME of your spearing reports.
zenspearo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:32 PM   #33
ocean_314

California is losing all manufactoring to other states and countries. Headquarters are harder to move as your brain and creative power is at headquarters.
Ca not only has expensive taxes but expensive power, fuel, housing and very tough regualtions concerning business.
There is a reason why the southern state are where all the manufactoring is done in this country.
ocean_314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:12 PM   #34
rrogueman
Eye of the Tiger

Location: Paradise City where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

"Let's recall the SOB. I know it's his last term but I'm sick of this clown. "Zenspearo

I voted for the joker. but I also signed a petition to recall him... grrrrr
Old 07-22-2009, 11:45 PM   #35
mthomas

Can some of you please stop voting. The May 19th 2009 voters can keep on voting. That smack down was the real voice of the educated voters in California. If you missed that one because you double nutted on the Obama Election please keep staying home.
Mike Thomas
mthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 02:51 AM   #36
vnxdragon

Our state's problems is a snowball rolling down the hill at this point. Getting rid of Arnold and placing someone else in his place wont' solve the problems. I do business here in California, and it's a great state to do business as I travel often to other state. California is bigger than some country. When you got 30+ million population, it's a huge market for any businesses considering the fact that it's concentrated mainly in NorCal and Socal (LA, orange, SD).

By now, it should be obvious that our government is a two headed snake that can't and won't agree to anything. Arnold tried passing measures to help him solve the problems but it did not pass. If he'd ran the state with dictatorship-like power, then yes we can blame him for this mess but there's always 2 party involve in all decision making.

This deficit can be solve with grass root movement. Everything starts at home, with your family. Make sure you have sufficient saving. Live beneath your means. Save properly, protect your family. If you plan your finances properly you won't have to worry about what's going on with the state deficit. We will ALWAYS have deficit. It's cyclical. I understand there are minor details that you can zero in and argue all day long, but step back and look at the bigger picture. Take care of your family first, minimize the hours you spend on CNN (aka Constant Negative News).

First and foremost improve yourself then organize your family. Only then can you run the country and bring peace and prosperity to the people.
vnxdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 04:03 PM   #37
Bill McIntyre

An article from today's LA Times reminded me of this thread.

Costly housing, heavy traffic, skewed spending priorities are a bitter brew for Wilbur Curtis Co. Only its deep roots in the state keep it from moving.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...6189075.column
Bill McIntyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 04:31 PM   #38
ocean_314

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnxdragon View Post
Our state's problems is a snowball rolling down the hill at this point. Getting rid of Arnold and placing someone else in his place wont' solve the problems. I do business here in California, and it's a great state to do business as I travel often to other state. California is bigger than some country. When you got 30+ million population, it's a huge market for any businesses considering the fact that it's concentrated mainly in NorCal and Socal (LA, orange, SD).

By now, it should be obvious that our government is a two headed snake that can't and won't agree to anything. Arnold tried passing measures to help him solve the problems but it did not pass. If he'd ran the state with dictatorship-like power, then yes we can blame him for this mess but there's always 2 party involve in all decision making.

This deficit can be solve with grass root movement. Everything starts at home, with your family. Make sure you have sufficient saving. Live beneath your means. Save properly, protect your family. If you plan your finances properly you won't have to worry about what's going on with the state deficit. We will ALWAYS have deficit. It's cyclical. I understand there are minor details that you can zero in and argue all day long, but step back and look at the bigger picture. Take care of your family first, minimize the hours you spend on CNN (aka Constant Negative News).

First and foremost improve yourself then organize your family. Only then can you run the country and bring peace and prosperity to the people.
As everyone should live but the state has a tax base that is dependent on taxing the rich. Thats something like half the state income. So when the stock market crashed the taxes crash.
Until this state has pension reform, nothing is going to change. Every year the same budject shortfalls. State employees retiring at 50 with full salary and benfits is simply not substainable. And its not Arnold who put the pension problem into play it was Gov Davis and the Dems in the ledgeslators.
Everyone should be paying their fair share of income taxes, this state is now so far to the left that we will be suporting evyeone who is to lazy to work or get an education. After all the "its not my fault, i am owed a nice living" is the motto of the people of the state of California.
But its a beautiful place to live!
Old 07-30-2009, 05:03 PM   #39
Dave Nelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McIntyre View Post
An article from today's LA Times reminded me of this thread.

Costly housing, heavy traffic, skewed spending priorities are a bitter brew for Wilbur Curtis Co. Only its deep roots in the state keep it from moving.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...6189075.column
I really like that article Bill, good find. It's good that there are companies out here who hope to fix our State's problems rather than run away from them.
Dave Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 05:15 PM   #40
Bill McIntyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Nelson View Post
I really like that article Bill, good find. It's good that there are companies out here who hope to fix our State's problems rather than run away from them.
Yes it is.

I suspect that some of their comments and proposals for change will not please people like ocean_314 who want to blame it all on taxing the rich, but I'm going to quote part of the article for those who don't bother to click on the link.

Quote:
That brings us to a fundamental issue: the dysfunctional state government. One reason the state doesn't have enough money to provide essentials like decent education and adequate roads is that it squanders resources on lower-priority items, such as jailing marginal criminal offenders and giving grandchildren of elderly homeowners a property tax break.

"What does the government of California have to do with stem cell research?" Laws asks, referring to the $6-billion program voters blithely added to the state Constitution in 2004. Our discussion didn't touch on the morality or justice of stem cell research generally, by the way, but about the foolishness of dictating such spending to the Legislature while roads and schools are crumbling.

To Laws, ineffectual political leadership is a business issue. "Something isn't working here," he says. The ideological divide between Democratic and Republican lawmakers means gridlock, as does the inexperience of our elected representatives. "Term limits are a disaster. Government is so complicated today that you need professionals -- I think we ought to pay legislators more, to attract the best and the brightest."
Bill McIntyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 05:35 PM   #41
vnxdragon

I'm a firm believer that our government is bound to fail. The people who run our government run it the same way they run their household budget. The same people that are living paycheck to paycheck at home are the one making decision on where we should spend our money as a state. The same guys and gals that filed for bankruptcy not too long ago are allocating our revenue to programs they feel appropriate. How can you run a well-balanced state budget if your personal finance is a mess? If you can't even take care of your own personal finance, please don't touch my tax dollar!

The so-called rich people are the one making the laws. You would be naive to think that they would pass law to tax themselves. WAKE UP and smell the coffee. You don't suppose the wealthy people know of loopholes to get away from taxation? All the sweet-sounding speeches you hear on capitol hill about taxing rich people is just a public stunt to satisfy the masses who are not rich. Even Warren Buffett claim he pay less taxes than all of his employee.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:21 PM   #42
ocean_314

Quote:
I'm a firm believer that our government is bound to fail. The people who run our government run it the same way they run their household budget. The same people that are living paycheck to paycheck at home are the one making decision on where we should spend our money as a state. The same guys and gals that filed for bankruptcy not too long ago are allocating our revenue to programs they feel appropriate. How can you run a well-balanced state budget if your personal finance is a mess? If you can't even take care of your own personal finance, please don't touch my tax dollar!

The so-called rich people are the one making the laws. You would be naive to think that they would pass law to tax themselves. WAKE UP and smell the coffee. You don't suppose the wealthy people know of loopholes to get away from taxation? All the sweet-sounding speeches you hear on capitol hill about taxing rich people is just a public stunt to satisfy the masses who are not rich. Even Warren Buffett claim he pay less taxes than all of his employee.
Ya right so how much state income taxes did you pay? And Buffet was paying captial gains taxes only when he made that statement while his employees where paying income taxes in incomes of 500k to 1m+
There are no tax loopholes anymore, everyone has the same deductions. Those went the way of Carter, Regan closed them all.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:30 PM   #43
ocean_314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McIntyre View Post
Yes it is.

I suspect that some of their comments and proposals for change will not please people like ocean_314 who want to blame it all on taxing the rich, but I'm going to quote part of the article for those who don't bother to click on the link.
I am blaming the states problems on the pension issue, early retirement at 50 for state employees will never work until changed the state will always have money problem and its going to get a lot worst.

The issue of the rich paying most of the income taxes in cal is the reason why state income goes up and down with the stock market, as most of the riches income is based on the stock market.

And i also agree with the insanity of the ballot initatives, but thats a small part of the overall problem.

If you want to see the disaster this county is heading into watch Polski on PBS tonight. She is blaming the total health care crisis on "evil insurance companies" No metion of malpratice suits, mexican crossing the border for free healthcare, fat people, state insurance laws and regs, of the problems of keeping old dead people alive for a extra year or two at huge expense.

We are all in deep shit, big brother is comming!
Old 08-01-2009, 01:15 PM   #44
vnxdragon

Ocean 314, you must the master of all trades. Did you mastered the tax codes? Are you a CPA or tax preparer of some type? Perhaps you are in Financial Industry? Do you have your securities license ? You're saying there's no way people can shelter their money from taxes anymore? There's no more loopholes for the rich? I'm glad to have been a member of this board to be able to meet such an accomplished person such as yourself. Perhaps you should run the government. The depth of your knowledge is unfathomable.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:27 PM   #45
ocean_314

Quote:
Ocean 314, you must the master of all trades. Did you mastered the tax codes? Are you a CPA or tax preparer of some type? Perhaps you are in Financial Industry? Do you have your securities license ? You're saying there's no way people can shelter their money from taxes anymore? There's no more loopholes for the rich? I'm glad to have been a member of this board to be able to meet such an accomplished person such as yourself. Perhaps you should run the government. The depth of your knowledge is unfathomable.

My brother in law worked his ass of and made a few millions, believe me if there was a way to shelter money and not pay taxes he would be a very a happy person and tells us as my wife makes really good money and you better believe i do her taxes, and i look for everything to save our money from the goverment. CPA's are more into making sure they dont get a aduit then taking evey business write off there is.
Having been in business since i have been 25 and now i am helping my wife gets hers to the level is should be at, i kind of know what i am talking about. 27 years of dealing with business, the goverment, ya i do have some knowledge.

When you are in business you have to know what the goverment is doing or you get screwed by the goverment. Right now since my wife does medical research and also is an expert witness in her speciality we are closely watching Obama's health care reforms, or should i say Obama's forcing goverment run healthcare on this country. We read the details of the bills as everyone in the medical industry is doing and is scary scary stuff. The health insurance companies are to be diven into bankrupcy in a couple of years under the bills propsed, doctors compensation and medicare compensation slashed by the gov, doctors forced to work for 60% of what they used to make, but they dont have a choice because Obama care is going to be the only game in town.
my son is in premed at UC Davis and he and most of his class is looking for something else to do, why spend 150 to 200k on school and be in school till 32 if you cant make enough money to pay back the cost of your education.
My mom is so mad at Obama, and she voted for him, she almost had a doctor in the family!