Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion

General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion This is where you post to discuss general spearfishing topics that could apply to any region.

Old 02-11-2014, 11:48 AM   #1
TheNomadTrip
Sailing/Spearing Nomad

Post Spearfishing Gear (in detail)

Over the last few years (and especially over the last few months) people ask me about freediving and spearfishing gear. I decided to write a gear-guide for both, and I'd really appreciate some feedback on the Spearfishing Gear Guide I've created.

I'm more than happy to make corrections or incorporate your feedback, I'd like this to serve as reference material. It's *way* too long to post here, but feel free to leave your feedback here.

Spearfishing Gear Guide - The Nomad Trip

Cheers,

-Nate
Old 02-14-2014, 02:16 PM   #2
acteg

Re: Spearfishing Gear (in detail)

I checked out the website. Very informative. Being new to spearing I found the explanation of all the different type of gear, and techniques to be really helpful.

Also read a couple of your blogs. The one where your gun misfired and hit you in the mouth? What kind of gun was it?
acteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 02:26 PM   #3
TheNomadTrip
Sailing/Spearing Nomad

Re: Spearfishing Gear (in detail)

Quote:
Originally Posted by acteg View Post
I checked out the website. Very informative. Being new to spearing I found the explanation of all the different type of gear, and techniques to be really helpful.

Also read a couple of your blogs. The one where your gun misfired and hit you in the mouth? What kind of gun was it?

Glad it was helpful!

On the gun - it was sold to me as a Steve Alexander Tuna Gun. Turns out it was not a Steve Alexander Tuna Gun.

It was a "custom" speargun with a cheap (plastic) Aimrite imitation trigger mech (according to the man himself, Steve Alexander). I think the only lesson is: don't rely on a plastic trigger mech to hold 5 bands. Or maybe to do your homework, and make sure that any "custom" speargun you buy is actually made by the builder claimed.