Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Upper Gulfcoast

Upper Gulfcoast This is the area for spearfishermen in Panama City, Destin/Ft. Walton, Pensacola, Alabama, Miss., and Louisiana.

Old 05-31-2003, 05:45 PM   #1
rigdvr
Im a diver, not a thinker

quick dive

Went out Mon night on an overnighter. Didnt do much fishing that night b/c the sharks ate everything we put out. At first light it was slick calm and the AJ's were thick! Let each of my customers catch one and release one and then it was my turn...Hopped into the water and started to relax then made my first dive. Everyone on the boat was anxious to see what would happen and how long I could hold my breath. Some were convinced that I would be eaten alive by some monster while swimming in the chum slick! As I made my first dive I found a thermocline at 30'. Under this the water cleared to about 25' of vis...but the jacks were everywhere. I mean hundreds of them. They mostly looked like they came from the same mold so I picked one that looked a little better and lucked out with the perfect stone shot...not even a quiver. When I popped my head up I was asked what happened b/c they were timing me and I had only been down for 18 sec...well pull this fish up and I will tell you the story I said The fished weighed out at 35#.

Shortly after that the seas picked up to a steady 5-6 with a few 8's mixed in and we wisely started to work our way home. It was a long 55 mi. ride even on a 41' boat. All in all everyone had a good time and they will be back again to fish with us, plus I got in the water(ever so briefly ) so life doesnt get much better than that.
rigdvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2003, 06:08 PM   #2
dlock
Subaquatic Assassin

Send a message via Yahoo to dlock
sweeeeet!!
Old 05-31-2003, 08:57 PM   #3
kitefisherman
Spearboard Historian

So where's the picture?
kitefisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2003, 09:43 PM   #4
rigdvr
Im a diver, not a thinker

I'm not a computer guy so if anyone could tell me how to reduce the file size I would be more than happy to share some pics...
rigdvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2003, 09:56 PM   #5
IyaDiver
Crazy for Dog Tooth Tuna

Hello Kapiten.......
IyaDiver is offline   Reply With Quote