Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > International Section > Australia, New Zealand & Indo-Pacific

Australia, New Zealand & Indo-Pacific Post your shooting reports and other stuff from Down Under and beyond

Old 03-02-2015, 02:35 PM   #1
alejqandrocosmo
Alejandro

indo-pacific trip may 23-30

I will be traveling to Singapore during may and will have the week of May 23-30 free to travel anywhere around the area to spearfish. (Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines etc). I can grab a flight to anyone of these places during that week. I have inquired with Indonesia spearfishing charters and I would love to go with them and maybe even do a liveaboard but I need a buddy to find prices that meet the budget. If anyone in any of these countries will like to meet up, or has some advice to offer I would appreciate it. I am open to anything from day trips to liveaboards to any local that I can dive with me.
Thanks,
Alejandro
alejqandrocosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 07:22 PM   #2
2fishin2
Pacific Spearo

Re: indo-pacific trip may 23-30

Look up current regulations about bringing spearguns into country. Couple years back the only thing you could do is transient through. They have strict regs there
2fishin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 07:25 PM   #3
alejqandrocosmo
Alejandro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fishin2 View Post
Look up current regulations about bringing spearguns into country. Couple years back the only thing you could do is transient through. They have strict regs there
Thanks yeah, I have been advised to not bring spearguns into Singapore, so I wont. Ill be bringing all the rest of my gear minus the guns and plan to rent a gun or purchase one.
Old 03-03-2015, 02:54 AM   #4
bluebacore

Quote:
Originally Posted by alejqandrocosmo View Post
Thanks yeah, I have been advised to not bring spearguns into Singapore, so I wont. Ill be bringing all the rest of my gear minus the guns and plan to rent a gun or purchase one.
I went through Singapore 2 years ago with spear gun made arrangement with airlines to leave spear gun at airport with airlines and picked it up on way out of county. They gave me a tag and put spear gun in luggage storage showed customs tag when I went to leave they let me go in and retrieve gun then headed to check in counter. The customs people where actually quite helpful.
bluebacore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:15 AM   #5
alejqandrocosmo
Alejandro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fishin2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebacore View Post
I went through Singapore 2 years ago with spear gun made arrangement with airlines to leave spear gun at airport with airlines and picked it up on way out of county. They gave me a tag and put spear gun in luggage storage showed customs tag when I went to leave they let me go in and retrieve gun then headed to check in counter. The customs people where actually quite helpful.
Great info. Did you have to make any special arrangements prior to your arrival for this to happen or did you settle all this when you arrived?
Old 03-05-2015, 05:26 AM   #6
bluebacore

Quote:
Originally Posted by alejqandrocosmo View Post
Great info. Did you have to make any special arrangements prior to your arrival for this to happen or did you settle all this when you arrived?
I made no prior arrangements but expected trouble having been warned about Singapore. I approached the customs with the spear gun and asked if I could leave it with them at the airport knowing I could not bring it into to the country because I did not have the proper paper work. They advised me to leave it with the airline I was going to exiting the country with. I had no exit ticket to another country just the round trip back to U.S. So I went to the lost luggage counter of the airline I thought I would be using to go to Indonesia on and they took it and gave me the tag to show when I came to retrieve it. I only stayed 4 days in Singapore and it took less than half an hour at the airport.
bluebacore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 11:21 AM   #7
Behslayer

I ran into Cameron K the other day in the Supermarket and he said that Indonesia had just changed regs to forbid bringing Spearguns into the country.
Behslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 12:20 PM   #8
alejqandrocosmo
Alejandro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behslayer View Post
I ran into Cameron K the other day in the Supermarket and he said that Indonesia had just changed regs to forbid bringing Spearguns into the country.
Thanks Jon, ill just rent guns from who im chartering with based on all the complications.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:50 PM   #9
Behslayer

Get in touch with Dre. 081 23811414 once you are in country. Balispearfishing.com Tell him Big Kleng sent you.
Behslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 11:58 PM   #10
alejqandrocosmo
Alejandro

Thanks, i already got in contact with them. They will be able to rent me the guns. I told them you reccomended me. Thanks a lot for the advice Jon
Old 03-05-2015, 11:59 PM   #11
alejqandrocosmo
Alejandro

Let me know if you have any 165 midhandles for when i come back. Im ready for one
Old 03-06-2015, 12:28 AM   #12
doggiestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behslayer View Post
Well that's rather disappointing,I had heard a rumour an Aussie guy got his guns confiscated at the airport so maybe it's true....
Is spearfishing still legal there?
doggiestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 06:09 AM   #13
vamforce

Only bringing a speargun is banned.
You may still spear there, buying or renting a gun locally. That's what I was told by the local guide. But it would be helpful to see the regulation papers...
Long Live Andre!
vamforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 08:09 AM   #14
Spear_Row

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiestyle View Post
Well that's rather disappointing,I had heard a rumour an Aussie guy got his guns confiscated at the airport so maybe it's true....
Is spearfishing still legal there?

That's HUGE!
Spear_Row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 07:27 PM   #15
Satdiver

The Indonesian customs will take your spearguns on arrival and hold them and when you leave the country they will give them back.
Its still legal to spearfish in Indonesia.
Satdiver is offline   Reply With Quote