Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Buddy Networking -- Let's Go Hunting! > Anywhere else!

Anywhere else! You can post here to get a conversation started if looking to meet and hunt with people in other areas not listed above.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-02-2007, 06:27 PM   #1
Mako993
Mako

Spearfishing in Spain...

Fellow cake eaters,

I may be going to Spain later this year, sometime around November, and I was wondering if any of us had been hunting up that area. I was thinking there might be some around Majorca or the Canary Islands, but I wanted to get some first hand knowledge before I do, if anyone knows.

Good hunting!

-Mako
Old 01-02-2007, 09:28 PM   #2
ROBERTO REYES
MAN OVERBOARD

Re: Spearfishing in Spain...

I will ask my friends if you tell me were will you go, you can't
spear on scuba .
ROBERTO REYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:09 PM   #3
Wahooooo!

Don't know exactly where this was taken but it is Spain.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BFT Spain.jpg
Views:	3194
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	43802  

Bruce
Wahooooo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 06:14 PM   #4
Mako993
Mako

Roberto, it'll be either Spain or Mexico, haven't decided yet. I don't spear Scuba anyway, so not to worry!

Wahooo, that's a nice tuna!
Old 01-05-2007, 07:45 PM   #5
ROBERTO REYES
MAN OVERBOARD

Mako, both places are big, lots of coean, Mexico fishing should be better, unless you are going for Blue fin ala' Fernando.
Send me your email, will post it on the spanish list, so you get some spanish hunters to talk to.
California divers are your best bet for Mexico Knowledge, they have been going there forever, and are very good spearos.
ROBERTO REYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 05:36 PM   #6
Mako993
Mako

Thanks, Roberto. My e-mail is mako993@comcast.net.

At this point, it'll probably be Mexico in July.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:24 PM   #7
irikawa

Hey there

I am from Spain, so write this down..

Mallorca is a beautiful spot, the spearfishing there is not big bluewater species, mostly rockfish ( grouper, bass, eels, etc)and deep, 90 ft +, you can spearfish from sunrise to sunset, breath hold fashion only, let me repeat, no scuba or you will be cited and fined. Water temp is generally warm, at least for CA standards 65 plus, and clear, 20' vis easy, no big currents but check with the locals.
Mallorca is the big island, you can go also to Ibiza and or menorca all touristy and pretty.

Canary Islands, these are the Hawaiis of Europe, warm waters,tropical climate, bluewater and plenty of fish rock and pelagics, good vis and strong currents, feels like south america, there are seven islands the big ones are tenerife and gran canaria, being the latter the most touristy one, dry semidesertic weather on land, drink plenty of fluids

Either way get a license, my experience is nobody has one, but again you might be asked and then kaboom, fishing is done mostly out of inflatables, no pangas there, and the different scuba centers have them. check these websites

www.larompiente.com

www.pescasubmarina.com

if you are into huge fish, tuna, marlin etc.. you should check out the azores islands, they have huge fish there and the sportfishng industry is welcomed.

Good luck and post your photos
irikawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:59 AM   #8
josh young

Hello, i have recently woved to southern spain from western Austalia and are chasing any info i can get on dive spots or any other spearfishermen keen for a dive.
josh young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:47 AM   #9
Marco

You can also try www.pescasub.com

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work
Marco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:57 AM   #10
SpanishSpear
Euro Trash Scup Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by irikawa View Post
Hey there

I am from Spain, so write this down..

Mallorca is a beautiful spot, the spearfishing there is not big bluewater species, mostly rockfish ( grouper, bass, eels, etc)and deep, 90 ft +, you can spearfish from sunrise to sunset, breath hold fashion only, let me repeat, no scuba or you will be cited and fined. Water temp is generally warm, at least for CA standards 65 plus, and clear, 20' vis easy, no big currents but check with the locals.
Mallorca is the big island, you can go also to Ibiza and or menorca all touristy and pretty.

Canary Islands, these are the Hawaiis of Europe, warm waters,tropical climate, bluewater and plenty of fish rock and pelagics, good vis and strong currents, feels like south america, there are seven islands the big ones are tenerife and gran canaria, being the latter the most touristy one, dry semidesertic weather on land, drink plenty of fluids

Either way get a license, my experience is nobody has one, but again you might be asked and then kaboom, fishing is done mostly out of inflatables, no pangas there, and the different scuba centers have them. check these websites

www.larompiente.com

www.pescasubmarina.com

if you are into huge fish, tuna, marlin etc.. you should check out the azores islands, they have huge fish there and the sportfishng industry is welcomed.

Good luck and post your photos

I am also from Spain and i have to agree with irkawa. Mallorca is a fantastic place to hunt but you will be hunting deep and you MUST get a license. Most of the spear fishing in the Med will be for a much smaller fish than what we are used to here in US. however the geography in Mallorca is simply AMAZING, the food is great and the people are very friendly and much of the island's economy is based on tourism and travel so hotels and other accomodations are plentyful and mostly up to par.
Have fun and good luck,
here is a couple other sites that can yield you some good regional info, if you read Spanish.
www.lapescasubmarina.com
www.elgranpescasub.com
Old 05-04-2009, 10:54 AM   #11
Spearo24
Spear or die!

hey guys, i know this tread is a little bit older but i got a few questions...

I go to Spain from 11. of may till october, i want to go spearing there. I heard that it´s forbidden, can anyone confirm this?????

And is there anyone on ibiza to? That will be perfect, its alway´s goog to meet some buddy´s to go fish with

Lucky hunting!
Spearo24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:14 AM   #12
SpanishSpear
Euro Trash Scup Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearo24 View Post
hey guys, i know this tread is a little bit older but i got a few questions...

I go to Spain from 11. of may till october, i want to go spearing there. I heard that it´s forbidden, can anyone confirm this?????

And is there anyone on ibiza to? That will be perfect, its alway´s goog to meet some buddy´s to go fish with

Lucky hunting!
Spear Fishing is NOT forbidden in Spain. however there are a bunch of marine reserves where spearfishing is off limits, you just have to figure that out based on where you intent to go. And you need a License.
here is 2 sites that can provide you with a ton of regional information
www.elgranpescasub.com
www.lapescasubmarina.com

good luck and good hunting!!!
Old 05-04-2009, 02:04 PM   #13
Marco

Check also pescasub.com

You cannot spear while scuba. But I think this is all over but the USA.

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work
Marco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:16 PM   #14
SpanishSpear
Euro Trash Scup Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco View Post
Check also pescasub.com

You cannot spear while scuba. But I think this is all over but the USA.
Correct! Thank you Marco for pointing that out. I forgot to include that info
Old 05-05-2009, 05:01 AM   #15
Spearo24
Spear or die!

Hey guys, first thank you for your answers! I´m sorry, but i know that its allowed to spear in spain, but i go to Ibiza (sorry i forgot to say it...) and i heard that its forbidden there! Can anyone confirm it???

And its in whole europe forbidden to spear while scuba, but its ok i´m a good freediver and its not my first spearfishing trip....
Spearo24 is offline   Reply With Quote