Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Off Topic Area

Off Topic Area Enjoy a virtual beer at the bar, and talk about anything else on your mind that may not pertain to spearfishing.

Old 03-16-2020, 02:47 PM   #1
jimglover1

Another Example of FBI Corruption

Trump considering 'full pardon' for Michael Flynn after FBI 'lost' records.

It seems we learn more every day about the level of corruption in Obama's justice dept....
jimglover1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 08:40 PM   #2
OBLIGATED

Re: Another Example of FBI Corruption

FBI and a lot of LE agencies have some serious problems with corruption.They have bigger problems with incompetence.
Im pretty sure people here know I have no issues with law enforcement so no need to dog pile for my views on the bad ones.
Over the years I have known a lot of people from local deputies,US Marshals,DEA,CIA,FBI and Border patrol.Some were really decent hard working honest people.Some were just plain scum.
There is a reason lots of LE people leave as soon as they retire and don't recommend that career path.A lot of hiring was done based on other things than qualifications and it has come back like cancer on steroids.
My hats off to the good guys.The others should be in prison but I wont hold my breath.I was offered a job as a deputy in Montana and I walked away because the pay sucked for one and two my buddy who had just retired after 30 years of being a cop urged me to not do it or even talk to LE officers.
Really need a flushing of these turds.
Old 03-16-2020, 08:56 PM   #3
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBLIGATED View Post
FBI and a lot of LE agencies have some serious problems with corruption.They have bigger problems with incompetence.
Im pretty sure people here know I have no issues with law enforcement so no need to dog pile for my views on the bad ones.
Over the years I have known a lot of people from local deputies,US Marshals,DEA,CIA,FBI and Border patrol.Some were really decent hard working honest people.Some were just plain scum.
There is a reason lots of LE people leave as soon as they retire and don't recommend that career path.A lot of hiring was done based on other things than qualifications and it has come back like cancer on steroids.
My hats off to the good guys.The others should be in prison but I wont hold my breath.I was offered a job as a deputy in Montana and I walked away because the pay sucked for one and two my buddy who had just retired after 30 years of being a cop urged me to not do it or even talk to LE officers.
Really need a flushing of these turds.
Good on you for not joining the dark side. You'll rest much more comfortably, IMO.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 09:17 PM   #4
OBLIGATED

Unfortunately there is a lot of politics in LE and Fire departments.It takes a toll on the good people.Corporate world is just as sleazy.
I don't consider it the dark side.It just needs a LOT of good people to start exposing the scumbags.Doing that puts you and your family at financial and physical risk.That and voting out corrupt Sheriffs.
Ours was a drunkard that had multiple DUIs and some other stuff that would land you or me in jail or prison.Now we have a pro constitution Sheriff.Not perfect(no man is)but he is a fair man and a bit of a hard ass.Got his deputys in line or they got fired.
We need some laws and others abolished based on our Constitution.Without LE you get total anarchy.
Old 03-17-2020, 05:29 AM   #5
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Yea, 'dark side' was a poor choice of words. Public service requires a unique individual. It draws those from the power hungry side as well as the genuine do gooders. It's a tough road to hoe.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote