Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > Technical Spearfishing

Technical Spearfishing Technical Scuba diving is generally defined as going deeper than 130 feet. You must have the proper training for this extreme aspect of spearfishing.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-10-2006, 03:57 PM   #76
WreckDiver
Memeber What?

Re: Deep Grouper and Hog Hunting

Well Tony I have a hijack question for you. Can I see a better picture(s) of your dive ladder. I am getting ready to have one built for my wife & I have not seen one like yours.
WreckDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 06:05 PM   #77
Louis Rossignol
HELL DIVERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by markZ
I keep hearing about the rig diving up in LA, so I was wondering if the deep Tenneco Tower/Fort Lauderdale was any good. It goes down to around 200' as I remember .. here's a photo I took in 2001.
Quote:
Nope, no fish on the Tenneco Tower .. don't know why
We dive hundreds of rigs to find the good ones. There are alot of crappy rigs in La. You just learn to avoid them. Some rigs will never have good fish.

Is the Tenneco Tower a working rig?

Some of the best rigs in the gulf when you pull up to them you can't even hear yourself think. Also the ones with living quarters on them are really good, the oil workers throw food off the rig.

Mainly, and this applies to anywhere you spearfish: If you see a "No Diving" sign. On a rig, on a golf course, off a bridge, they must be hiding something and you need to jump that structure, ASAP. If you get run off before entering the water, come back next week and do a "Drive by Shooting". It's all in the PADI manual.

DISCLAIMER: "My spearfishing is entirely legal in the geographic area within which I dive. If you don't like my pictures, posts or website then don't look. I will NOT waste any more bandwidth on this board (or my valuable drinking time) to argue with you ass clowns about it".

http://www.TheRokZone.com/

http://www.HellDivers.org/
Louis Rossignol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 07:52 PM   #78
bubblejunkie
Contributing Member

Send a message via AIM to bubblejunkie

Funny, Lewis, I remember doing a few of those, when we pull up drop, they were always productive, imagine that.
bubblejunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:53 PM   #79
SpearMax
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland
Well Tony I have a hijack question for you. Can I see a better picture(s) of your dive ladder. I am getting ready to have one built for my wife & I have not seen one like yours.

Roland, the ladder and platform is custom made so we can come out of the water with our fins on. Here are two photos of the platform with the boat on the trailer. Most of the time the boat is kept in the water.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Goldline-Stern-CenterLOREZ.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	34261   Click image for larger version

Name:	Goldline-Stern-Starboard-LO.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	34262  

“Live this day as if it will be your last. Remember that you will only find 'tomorrow' on the calendars of fools.”

---- Success Unlimited Author Og Mandino b.1923 - d.1996
SpearMax is offline   Reply With Quote