Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Market Place > Member Items

Member Items This area is for members to list stuff they want to sell. This is not for retail sales.

Old 12-15-2019, 01:37 AM   #16
kodama

Re: For sell SEAL 130 new and never used!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian-BG View Post
Dear friends,
The both guns are sold. Peter and one spearo from Bulgaria are the winners.
Kosta's wife told me that have one more gun which is not completely finished and she will give it to somebody to finish it. Then I will write here again.
I will not remove this post until the moment when Peter receive the gun and write here that all is OK!

Pm sent
kodama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 10:25 AM   #17
kodama

@Julian
Did you get my pm?
kodama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 05:23 PM   #18
popgun pete

Kosta's daughter is nearly 3 years old, maybe some of you might like to send her something for Christmas.
popgun pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 05:00 PM   #19
popgun pete

The gun has yet to arrive as I requested that it be delayed to avoid the pre-Christmas log jam of parcels that nearly stops the various mail systems in their tracks. Something to consider when shipping a longer gun is its overall length as subsequent enquiries with potential shippers had one quote for 600 euros to send the gun!

With monocoque guns all you can do is remove the spear to shorten the package as with shaft overhang the spear can be longer than the gun itself. One advantage with tube guns is you can dismantle them, especially if they have a long cocking stock, I have received a few guns that way over the years.

We see a few spears that are two-piece shafts, but there is yet to be made ones that don't succumb at the joint if loaded up laterally.
Old 02-23-2020, 11:56 PM   #20
NaClAddict

Pete said monocoque!

Is a two piece gun a bicoque? Multicoque? Do you have a pile of coques Pete?

Just kidding around.
NaClAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 12:33 AM   #21
popgun pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaClAddict View Post
Pete said monocoque!

Is a two piece gun a bicoque? Multicoque? Do you have a pile of coques Pete?

Just kidding around.
Yeah, well this one is as "multi-coque" (cock) as you can get, but it was probably useless as a speargun. Never bought one, but Ron Mullins did as an example of "how-not-to-do-it" for his museum.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ace XX speargun.jpg
Views:	508
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	245024  
Old 03-05-2020, 11:34 PM   #22
popgun pete

The gun arrived today in a big cylindrical packing tube. The spear had to be left out and I will have that shipped later as it would have made the package way too long and incurred an enormous shipping cost if sent all in one package. When the delivery guy handed it to me I thought wow this thing is heavy, but it was actually the weight of the shipping tube making a bigger contribution than I expected. Customs had a peek at it, but only pulled the sealing cap at one end slightly open. Dull and raining right now, so I will take some photos once, and if, the sun comes out.

Thanks to Julian in doing such a great job in shipping the gun as it arrived in perfect condition.

P.S. This is a photo sent to me of Kosta's daughter, she is 3 years old now, how time flies!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Kosta's daughter.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	245078  

Last edited by popgun pete; 03-05-2020 at 11:45 PM.
Old 03-06-2020, 12:30 AM   #23
popgun pete

Stopped drizzling, so here are some photos. As is the gun weighs 2.5 kg.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Seal 130 1R.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	245079   Click image for larger version

Name:	Seal 130 2R.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	245080   Click image for larger version

Name:	Seal 130 3R.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	245081   Click image for larger version

Name:	Seal 130 4R.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	245082  

Last edited by popgun pete; 03-11-2020 at 08:49 PM. Reason: added weight measurement
Old 03-15-2020, 08:48 PM   #24
popgun pete

This is the incomplete 130 cm gun, needs to have its hardware installed. Also needs a butt pad glued on.

Actually I don't think this one is an inverted roller, or at least not like the one I purchased, as there are no anchor hooks or troughs underneath the gun where the band battery would be partially enclosed. It uses a wraparound band set anchored on the top deck at about mid-length and which then wind through rear pulley windows onto the lower deck, but the lower deck is completely smooth from there right up to the muzzle. Kosta may have intended this unfinished gun to be rigged differently and a search of his past photos may show another one just like it as he certainly made a number of different types. It would be handy if all his material on Spearboard was consolidated in one place so that we could readily refer to it as posts with useful information often get buried as time moves on.

Kosta's YouTube videos can still be seen here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHb...RLyFq381KkObvQ
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	lower deck R.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	245148   Click image for larger version

Name:	top deck R.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	245149  

Last edited by popgun pete; 03-16-2020 at 10:04 PM. Reason: more info
Old 06-03-2020, 04:17 PM   #25
popgun pete

The spear which had to be sent separately has arrived, so Kosta's gun is now complete again. Thanks to Julian for his big efforts in packaging and sending everything in top condition as this is quite a big gun. I hope someone buys the other incomplete "Seal" gun as it is an opportunity which will not come again.
Old 06-04-2020, 08:44 PM   #26
popgun pete

Some photos of underneath, note the molded in band anchor positions for the piggy-back bands and the troughs that the stretched bands sit inside.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Seal 130 lower anchors R.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	245564   Click image for larger version

Name:	Seal 130 sub-pulleys R.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	245565   Click image for larger version

Name:	Seal 130 lower deck R.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	143.2 KB
ID:	245566   Click image for larger version

Name:	Seal 130 lower band troughs R.jpg
Views:	595
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	245567  
Old 06-12-2020, 08:10 PM   #27
musubi

Quote:
Originally Posted by popgun pete View Post
Stopped drizzling, so here are some photos. As is the gun weighs 2.5 kg.
popgun pete, do you have closer photos of the muzzle? I'm interested where the wishbone knot stops at the roller wheel. Does the knot act as a stopper and is there any protection between the roller wheel and the wood?
In many ways, I appreciate Seal's design and attention to detail of the invert. I'm slowly trying to figure out the aspects of my build.
musubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 07:12 PM   #28
popgun pete

Yes, the knot(s) acts as a stopper when it runs into a stopper pin that is placed just in front of the roller axle as indicated in the attached photo. Each cable thus ends in a tied loop, the knot for the loop is the stopper knot and the actual wishbone is tied onto the resulting loop ends on each side. That means the pulling edge of the wishbone loop is stopped before it reaches the rear edge of the rollers and gives its last push to the shaft, after which momentum tips the wishbone loop forwards momentarily.

There is no wood in the gun, but the knot gets caught on the nip between the flange of the roller and the transverse stopper pin. I will take a photo once the rain here stops.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Seal line wrap pins and hooks 2.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	245612   Click image for larger version

Name:	wishbone.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	245613   Click image for larger version

Name:	muzzle.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	245614  

Last edited by popgun pete; 06-13-2020 at 09:50 PM.
Old 06-14-2020, 10:33 PM   #29
musubi

Quote:
Originally Posted by popgun pete View Post
Yes, the knot(s) acts as a stopper when it runs into a stopper pin that is placed just in front of the roller axle as indicated in the attached photo. Each cable thus ends in a tied loop, the knot for the loop is the stopper knot and the actual wishbone is tied onto the resulting loop ends on each side. That means the pulling edge of the wishbone loop is stopped before it reaches the rear edge of the rollers and gives its last push to the shaft, after which momentum tips the wishbone loop forwards momentarily.

There is no wood in the gun, but the knot gets caught on the nip between the flange of the roller and the transverse stopper pin. I will take a photo once the rain here stops.
Thanks for that and the pictures. That cleared up my questions. Interesting the gun has a stopper pin. I think that's a good idea than the knot wedging between the roller and the gun material (CF I'm assuming).

It's really cool you have one of his guns. I like the design choices Kosta made.
musubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 12:46 AM   #30
popgun pete

I will eventually move this info to a separate thread in the guns section as these member items for sale threads are intended to be deleted once the transaction is completed.