Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida East Coast Spearfishing

Florida East Coast Spearfishing Let's talk here about spearing on Florida's Atlantic coast. Reports and other issues about this region belong here.

Old 09-15-2011, 11:28 AM   #1
Zach N
Spearo Trainee

Thumbs up Visiting Texan, staying in Lake Mary

hey guys

I'll be working the next 2 weeks in Lake Mary, Fl. I'm an experienced scuba diver (100+ dives) an i've tried freediving a couple of times as well.

I've always wanted to try polespear. I was wondering if anyone was fishing next weekend or the following september 23-25, or september 30- october 2.

I've got a Ray Odor pole and need to get in the water! Mostly I'd like to bag a few hogfish and lobster, just enough to eat.

What's good diving around Lake Mary or coast around Canaveral? I'll have a rental car so I can drive a bit too. (Although I'd rather not drive 2+ hours)

If you're heading out and need a spot to fill, I can definitely throw down for gas and beer.

Last edited by Zach N; 09-15-2011 at 01:38 PM. Reason: added specific dates and locations
Zach N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:26 PM   #2
seadogger

Re: Visiting Texan, staying in Lake Mary

I live in Lake Mary too but the seas have been crap the past month. Vis is near 0 and we have no freediving out of Ponce Inlet ( New Smyrna ). Maybe after next week the vis will pick up enough to get out. If you have scuba gear or you can rent from Seadogdiver.com out of New Smyrna, maybe you can get up a trip with them when it clears up. Good luck

JESUS SAID...."Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day.....Teach a man to spear & he will eat for a life time or until SAFMC shuts everything down " or something like that.
seadogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:45 AM   #3
Zach N
Spearo Trainee

Re: Visiting Texan, staying in Lake Mary

i'll have my gear, too bad vis is such crap