Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Tournament and Event Archives > 2006 Tournament Archives > 2006 St. Pete Open

2006 St. Pete Open Check this forum for news, rules, updates, and other discussion about this year's St. Pete Open Tournament -- August 18, 19, and 20, 2006

Old 08-19-2006, 01:35 PM   #16
SkywayGray

Send a message via AIM to SkywayGray
Re: Isn't this messed up?

I am glad to hear that you guys, because I thought I was overacting. I ended up waking up at 6 this morning to drive my car to the skyway to dive off of shore for sheepshead so I did not completely waste my entry fee! Water was horrible so I dove everywhere I could get in from the skyway to a marina in Clearwater. The biggest sheepshead I saw the whole day I shot, but it weighed in at a whopping couple of pounds, LOL. Oh well. Thank goodness for the raffle tickets, LOL The guys that invited me still have the post up in the SPO thread. They posted it on 8/15 saying NEED 2 DIVERS FOR THE GROUNDS FOR THE SPO!
SkywayGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 09:09 PM   #17
Scott Hooker
St Pete Underwater Club

Man, that sucks the chrome off a hitch ball. Something like that is a serious party foul even for a recreational dive, but it escalates to a hate crime when they yank the ride out from under you for a tournament! Personal recommendation? I'd stash some catfish carcasses in various places in their home and vehicles.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:17 PM   #18
Spearchucker

A similar thing, with a different outcome, happened on my boat for the Southern Open. On Wednesday before the tournament, Inletsurf called to cancel. Turns out, he had a fat chick lined up and he thought he was going to be getting some. That evening, I lined up Jerry Lancaster (bubblejunkie) as a replacement. The next morning, Inlet called back and wanted back in. I have know Steve for years, but I had to tell him no. I had give the spot to Jerry, and unless Jerry cancelled on his own, it was his.

Jerry finished 6th in the tournament.
Spearchucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 06:54 AM   #19
inletsurf

It was a work issue, not a woman issue. But I had no problem with that, its the risk you take when having to schedule all the shit you deal with in your life. I'd rather have told John that I may be falling out depending on my work load that Thurs and leave him with enough time to find some replacement, than actually wait until the night before then cancel, leaving him with a person less to split gas with, which is a total wrong move.

John told me no b/c he did find a replacement, and thats the right thing to do. The captain in question in this thread pulled a dick move.
inletsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 07:04 AM   #20
Spearchucker

Took you awhile to respond
Spearchucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:36 AM   #21
sharpshooter

Tried to look up that post about the "need 2 divers for the MG". Looks like it's locked out. Wanted to see who you were talking about. I had a guy that would call about going diving on his boat for the day on sat... I'd get all set up and then late friday the guy would call and cancel the trip. He found something better to do. Now, too late for me to find another ride. Sometimes, I'd find another diver to go too, so we'd have 4 on the boat. I got fed up and don't waste my time with the guy. You should of gone. That was the right thing for him to do. You can PM me the name of the wrong doer. So, if he posts again, I don't waste my time. Or, if I need somebody to fill in a trip and he calls. I can tell him why he's not going.
sharpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 12:06 PM   #22
Nsearch

Jose, the guy that SkywayGray is referring to is SB member los coz.