Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Politics/Religion Forum

Politics/Religion Forum This special place is for threads that are primarily on political or religious subjects.

Old 01-23-2018, 02:24 PM   #421
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Re: Holding Trump accountable

The equities bubble has nothing to do w/ Trump. Central banks buying stocks is the only reason it's over inflated. There's no valuation reality that can justify these extremely over valued levels. The crash will be happening soon.

Tsk, tsk....Trump signed it.
Documents Reveal The NSA Is An Agency Gone Rogue As FISA 702 Is Reauthorized
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 02:30 PM   #422
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Schulte View Post
Hard working President we have now. Some might call a workaholic. He'll never get any credit for it though. I just have to believe that his many years of experience negotiating in the business world helped win the government shutdown issue. The Dow has gone up 1500 points in the last month alone. And the libs in higher society bitch about him openly while they quietly watch their personal wealth grow.
Trump could crap gold and piss oil and the brain dead would bitch and pop another Xanex or three.
Old 01-23-2018, 05:30 PM   #423
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
The equities bubble has nothing to do w/ Trump. Central banks buying stocks is the only reason it's over inflated. There's no valuation reality that can justify these extremely over valued levels. The crash will be happening soon.
Peter Schiff: "We're Near The Endgame... And Trump's Gonna Be The Fall Guy

Quote:
"...part of the cure for the economy is deflating these bubbles. It has to be done. Someone has to rip this bandaid off and he was elected to do it...we’re near the end of the game and unfortunately, Trump’s gonna be the fall guy."
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”

Last edited by Marcus; 01-23-2018 at 06:45 PM.
Old 01-23-2018, 06:00 PM   #424
mepps1

Link doesn't work. But I agree that this is likely. That's the trouble with taking credit for the bubble. How can you not also be given credit for the crash?

No doubt anything is better for the economy than having the former soshalist agitator. But the prez does not really set overall economic policy, interest rates, fed policy, or anything else particularly important in the short term.
mepps1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 06:50 PM   #425
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepps1 View Post
But the prez does not really set overall economic policy, interest rates, fed policy, or anything else particularly important in the short term.
I fixy the linky.

Agreed, although he does have some influence upon infrastructure spending...but as you mention the ROI is longer term. Unfair 'free trade' treaties are about the biggest influence that have the shortest ROI's. All this hoopla about him somehow having a huge effect on the economy is BS.
Old 01-23-2018, 06:56 PM   #426
HARVESTER

Quote:
I fixy the linky.

Agreed, although he does have some influence upon infrastructure spending...but as you mention the ROI is longer term. Unfair 'free trade' treaties are about the biggest influence that have the shortest ROI's. All this hoopla about him somehow having a huge effect on the economy is BS.
His words mean something. Learned that over past 12 years. Many companies were in a holding pattern.
HARVESTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 07:09 PM   #427
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARVESTER View Post
His words mean something. Learned that over past 12 years. Many companies were in a holding pattern.
Sure. The president bloviating hope and change does have some immediate effects on none the wiser.
Old 02-22-2018, 07:26 PM   #428
Marcus

I'm still trying to reconcile whether this is a good idea or not. I'm thinking, give them just enough range to hit Israel, the rest of the trouble makers, and pull our troops out. OTOH, why are we still in bed with the terroristic typical backwards ass nation as the UAE? Dollar hegemony? Oil for dollars? We've already provided them with our latest conventional weapons.

US May Open Path For Saudi Arabia To Acquire Nuclear Weapons
Old 02-28-2018, 09:31 PM   #429
Marcus

Dissapointing

"Take The Guns First" - Trump Breaks With Republicans Over Gun-Control Plan
Old 03-05-2018, 09:32 AM   #430
SEATUX

Pray for Trump; Psalm 109:8
SEATUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 11:27 AM   #431
fitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEATUX View Post
Pray for Trump; Psalm 109:8
What atheists pray now?

Update translation of Libtard Seatux prayer, "O Satan, allow impeachment of pres Trump, allow a ban of all guns, bring us your anchor baby, non natural born citizen, sister Kamala Harris, with the mammon bitch Maxine Waters, as vice pres to rule this world".

Last edited by fitz; 03-05-2018 at 01:32 PM.
fitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 01:25 PM   #432
fishfan

[quote=Marcus;2162159]I'm still trying to reconcile whether this is a good idea or not. I'm thinking, give them just enough range to hit Israel, the rest of the trouble makers, and pull our troops out. OTOH, why are we still in bed with the terroristic typical backwards ass nation as the UAE? Dollar hegemony? Oil for dollars? We've already provided them with our latest conventional weapons.

Well at least we finally know where you stand, no more hiding behind your comments of "it's just their government I don't like".
Old 03-05-2018, 01:31 PM   #433
Marcus

Hmmm....the only time you comment is when someone says something about the country you cherish more than even your own, Israhell. That comment isn't even valid anymore as I'd forgotten that Israhell is a close ally of that barbarous backward ass nation, the UAE. It's Iran that I wish had nukes in order to keep Israhell in check.
Old 03-06-2018, 08:49 AM   #434
fishfan

Quote:
Hmmm....the only time you comment is when someone says something about the country you cherish more than even your own, Israhell. That comment isn't even valid anymore as I'd forgotten that Israhell is a close ally of that barbarous backward ass nation, the UAE. It's Iran that I wish had nukes in order to keep Israhell in check.
Depending on my work, I don't have all day to comment on every post like you do.
I pick and choose where to comment, who to pm and what to talk about versus the "shotgun" approach you take.

I'll call bullshi#t when I see it and I have seen a lot of it on this topic from you.
Old 03-06-2018, 08:54 AM   #435
Marcus

Well, I'm calling BS on your BS you spew about Israhell being such a great nation that we should do all their dirty work while they screw us.