Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Old 06-23-2014, 09:37 PM   #1
Freshy

Freedivers Speargun Review

I couldn't find many reviews on this gun so I thought I would write one up for those looking into the Freedivers line of guns. I've been using a Freedivers railgun for the past 10 or so dives. I know Nautilus and Florida Freedivers stock these guns, maybe some other dive shops too.

http://www.nautilusspearfishing.com/...-spearfishing/

It is set up with 1x20mm rubber and a 7mm shaft. The model I have is a 90cm which is my favorite size gun for shallow diving up to 40 feet and/or bad visibility. I've owned and used a lot of good railguns including Rob Allen, Picasso, Omer and Beuchat to name a few and will say that this gun operates just as good as any other brand I have used. I won't compare it to any wooden or custom guns since they are in a different category.

Aesthetically, the gun is a little boring but it does what it is supposed to do, which is to shoot accurately and kill fish. I really like the safety on the gun as you can always tell if it is on or off. I haven't pulled the trigger yet only to find out that the safety has accidentally been on. The Freedivers guns shoot a lot quieter than aluminum guns which is a plus. This is because of the barrel they use, interesting design. I have never really complained about a noisy gun before but for those who enjoy a quiet gun, this railgun is a good option without having to buy carbon. The spear is spring steel and will eventually rust in salt water but is very strong. The closed muzzle is excellent. For some reason, it's easier for me to aim with this muzzle than the old style RA closed muzzle even though they are almost identical. The new low profile RA closed muzzle still takes the cake in this department though.

All in all, I've been very pleased with this gun for the price I paid. I remember thinking that the gun seems to have a lot of plastic on it as opposed to stainless steel, but it isn't something I can complain about at the moment because it operates well. I can't talk much about the longevity though. My advice is if you can find one at a good price, pick one up and try it out for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g0SbQXdrh4

Last edited by Freshy; 06-24-2014 at 03:11 AM.
Freshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:10 PM   #2
z1taz
Blue Water Killer

Send a message via Skype™ to z1taz
Re: Freedivers Speargun Review

Surely Freedivers alloy spearguns are best value for the money from 95 % others .

about longevity : i would say i had one bury in salty sand beach with salty water around and under the sun from our place ( very warm ) for 18 months ..when we found the gun except for rubber and shaft the gun was ok even the line bungee was still ok !!

just cleaned w fresh water

inside mech !! no rust !

and time to time those guns land some few fishes !

z1taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 09:44 PM   #3
BreathlessSight

BEST GUN EVER MADE!

Been using for 10 years now in the most extreme and abusive conditions!
BreathlessSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 04:44 AM   #4
parker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreathlessSight View Post
BEST GUN EVER MADE!

Been using for 10 years now in the most extreme and abusive conditions!
BS is resurrected! See ya soon.
parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 10:26 AM   #5
2fishin2
Pacific Spearo

Only thing those guns are good for shooting are ABT.
2fishin2 is offline   Reply With Quote