Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Video and Photo Gear

All About Video and Photo Gear This section is for your video and photography gear questions, comments, and experiences

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-25-2013, 11:28 AM   #1
marginatus
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: S. Miguel Azores Portugal
Age: 35
Posts: 146
Quick release Gopro mask mount

Let me know what you think about it...
Any feedback is welcome.
thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-07-25 at 15.26.01.png
Views:	434
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	193376   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-07-25 at 15.25.41.jpg
Views:	442
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	193377   Click image for larger version

Name:	mask.jpg
Views:	699
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	193378  
marginatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:33 AM   #2
AlexbeeintheUK
Registered User
 
AlexbeeintheUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 505
Re: Quick release Gopro mask mount

Looks good! Perhaps where the base arm meets the underside of the quick release could be a little wider giving more strength.

What about the same kind of design except the main arm would have the actual GoPro connecting point - minimizing design & weight as you wouldnt then need to use a standard gopro quick release buckle or J hook to connect, if that makes sense?

Just my 2c
AlexbeeintheUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:43 AM   #3
marginatus
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: S. Miguel Azores Portugal
Age: 35
Posts: 146
Re: Quick release Gopro mask mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexbeeintheUK View Post
Looks good! Perhaps where the base arm meets the underside of the quick release could be a little wider giving more strength.
Just my 2c
Ok, I'll look into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexbeeintheUK View Post
What about the same kind of design except the main arm would have the actual GoPro connecting point - minimizing design & weight as you wouldnt then need to use a standard gopro quick release buckle or J hook to connect, if that makes sense?
Just my 2c
That are parts, already available that do that... the point of this one is exactly to have it with the quick release so one can take the camera off quickly and film in a hole; pass the camera to a buddy to film you, move the camera from mask to gun; to pole; etc

thanks for your input
marginatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:45 AM   #4
AlexbeeintheUK
Registered User
 
AlexbeeintheUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 505
Re: Quick release Gopro mask mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by marginatus View Post
That are parts, already available that do that... the point of this one is exactly to have it with the quick release so one can take the camera off quickly and film in a hole; pass the camera to a buddy to film you, move the camera from mask to gun; to pole; etc

thanks for your input
Ah ok, that makes sense and could definitely prove useful
AlexbeeintheUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:35 PM   #5
Cuda23
Registered User
 
Cuda23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: East Coast, FL
Posts: 310
Re: Quick release Gopro mask mount

I like it. If you want to sell one send me a PM.
Cuda23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 05:13 PM   #6
marginatus
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: S. Miguel Azores Portugal
Age: 35
Posts: 146
Re: Quick release Gopro mask mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda23 View Post
I like it. If you want to sell one send me a PM.
thanks you for your interest...
I'll tweek the model and order a few to test...
I'll send you a PM about testing one....
marginatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:59 PM   #7
SpearS0CAL
Beau
 
SpearS0CAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Posts: 658
Re: Quick release Gopro mask mount

Let me know if you need more testers...
SpearS0CAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:47 PM   #8
Yodaa
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: ct
Posts: 126
Re: Quick release Gopro mask mount

I volunteer also. Thanks
Yodaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:33 PM   #9
SDDiver5
Registered User
 
SDDiver5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Encinitas, CA
Posts: 953
Re: Quick release Gopro mask mount

x3
SDDiver5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:10 PM   #10
marginatus
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: S. Miguel Azores Portugal
Age: 35
Posts: 146
Re: Quick release Gopro mask mount

Just to clarify, tester's will have to pay it's actual cost (lower then the price they will be then sold) and shipping.

There's enough volunteers for now and will be contacted by order
thanks
marginatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:58 PM   #11
marginatus
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: S. Miguel Azores Portugal
Age: 35
Posts: 146
Re: Quick release Gopro mask mount

Updated to take the nut on the outside and some minor improvements...
Going for printing on Monday...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-08-01 at 20.15.16.png
Views:	295
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	193854   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-08-01 at 20.12.06.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	193855  
marginatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 07:54 AM   #12
Cuda23
Registered User
 
Cuda23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: East Coast, FL
Posts: 310
Re: Quick release Gopro mask mount

Looks good.
Cuda23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:32 AM   #13
SpearS0CAL
Beau
 
SpearS0CAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Posts: 658
Re: Quick release Gopro mask mount

Very cool. Keep us posted when you have some to sell!
SpearS0CAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:15 PM   #14
marginatus
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: S. Miguel Azores Portugal
Age: 35
Posts: 146
Re: Quick release Gopro mask mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpearS0CAL View Post
Very cool. Keep us posted when you have some to sell!
Ok, might have a few very soon if these turn out perfect in the first try (gained some experience with the C4 mount ).

Please keep in mind that these assume that your mask has the frame separated from the skirt and allows a hole to be drilled in the frame to take a screw. Or it can be glued (like epoxy). I think everyone is aware of this as some might already have some kind of mount this way...

This mount has a 15mm (vertical) distance from the centre of the hole to the base of the mount and a 10mm (horizontal) distance from the back of the mount to the surface that gets in contact with the frame.

Would these dimensions be suitable for you? If not, which?
marginatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 03:44 PM   #15
Cuda23
Registered User
 
Cuda23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: East Coast, FL
Posts: 310
Re: Quick release Gopro mask mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by marginatus View Post
Ok, might have a few very soon if these turn out perfect in the first try (gained some experience with the C4 mount ).

Please keep in mind that these assume that your mask has the frame separated from the skirt and allows a hole to be drilled in the frame to take a screw. Or it can be glued (like epoxy). I think everyone is aware of this as some might already have some kind of mount this way...

This mount has a 15mm (vertical) distance from the centre of the hole to the base of the mount and a 10mm (horizontal) distance from the back of the mount to the surface that gets in contact with the frame.

Would these dimensions be suitable for you? If not, which?
What brand of mask are you making the prototype for? I have a Riffe Sight/AQA mask and those measurements sound perfect.
Cuda23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:53 PM.


The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Social Media Forum Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2002 - 2014 Spearboard.com