Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Freshwater Shooting

Freshwater Shooting Live inland, away from the ocean? Tell us about freshwater hunting here.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-26-2013, 11:41 PM   #76
scubadown16

Re: Wyoming Vis Report

Glendo is off the hook. Dove one spot and vis was 12 to 15 foot. I got lots of video of schools of walleye. Carp where all pretty small but pretty stacked as well
scubadown16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:25 AM   #77
Andrew Makely

Awesome Thanks for the heads up!
Andrew Makely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:03 PM   #78
kiddro2003

Nice I cannot wait to get down.
kiddro2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:11 PM   #79
sticknrelease
Inflatable Floats

If you are diving Glendo, the walleye are acting strange. I found a few by dropping straight down on top of them (including a 6 pounder). Bring a gun with some range. My 70cm pneumatic was too short for several of the walleye I saw. Lots of carp, and an occassional big one in the 8-9 pound range.

Remember that Glendo has a 15" minimum walleye length, but that shouldn't be a problem. I didn't see any under 15". Looks like a good start for that lake.

Going to try Alcova this coming weekend and see if we can't find some bigger walleye.

Questions about the Fox Float? Send them to Foxfloats@gmail.com

www.foxfloats.com
sticknrelease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:55 PM   #80
Andrew Makely

I might hit up one or the other this weekend as well. Keep me posted.
Andrew Makely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:35 PM   #81
apexdiver
Tony

Anyone dive near missoula montana?I may be going there soon but the regs are confusing.Here is what it says All waters are closed to spearing of game and non-game fish, except as noted under special
regulations. Rubber or spring-propelled spears may be used only by persons swimming or
submerged in the water and may be used only for designated species in designated waters.
Only hand-propelled spears may be used through the ice.What species are legal to spear?
apexdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:32 PM   #82
ARC

Is shore diving from antelope flats at the gorge worth a 4 hour drive? Looking to make a last minute trip tomorrow but only have 2 days. Plan to camp tomorrow night.
ARC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:26 AM   #83
mepps1

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexdiver View Post
Anyone dive near missoula montana?I may be going there soon but the regs are confusing.Here is what it says All waters are closed to spearing of game and non-game fish, except as noted under special
regulations. Rubber or spring-propelled spears may be used only by persons swimming or
submerged in the water and may be used only for designated species in designated waters.
Only hand-propelled spears may be used through the ice.What species are legal to spear?
Read the regs all the way through. There are lakes and species open to spearing in your area.
mepps1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:47 PM   #84
Paul Benson
Mi nombre es Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARC View Post
Is shore diving from antelope flats at the gorge worth a 4 hour drive? Looking to make a last minute trip tomorrow but only have 2 days. Plan to camp tomorrow night.
Its probably the best viz you'll find at the gorge. Lots of carp and some trout. Stupid spearfishing season in Utah.
Paul Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:22 PM   #85
ARC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Benson View Post
Its probably the best viz you'll find at the gorge. Lots of carp and some trout. Stupid spearfishing season in Utah.
Didn't make it this week but want to try soon. Carp is still legal year round in Utah right?
ARC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:18 PM   #86
Husker

Just wanted to say hi to the board and the locals around my area. I'm new to the board and new to the sport but I'm already hooked went to Glendo last weekend and did good. Vis is good and fish are up shallow. Was wondering if anyone ever shoots Keyhole and if its good or not as far as fish and vis!
Husker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:57 PM   #87
Husker

Went to Glendo this weekend June 8-9. Vis is kinda tough 5-8' due to all the boats on the water. Walleye have moved out to deep water following the spawn I'm guessing. The 3 of us in both days only seeing 1 each. We hunted from 8' of water all the way down to 40'. Carp are still hangin around in the shallows.
Husker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:42 PM   #88
kiddro2003

Went goofing off at glendo with the kids today. Had good vis on the leeward side of the lake. Grabbed the mask and dropped in. Good vis 8-10ft had a 3lb small mouth bass hang out for a few dives really friendly little guy. Like inches from my face. Fun day can't wait to take the gear for a hunt.
kiddro2003 is offline   Reply With Quote