Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All Other Gear

All Other Gear Tanks, BCDs, Regs, Fins, Stringers, and all other gear we use in Spearfishing.

Old 07-11-2019, 12:06 PM   #1
slpoh

Shipping to hotel at LA

Does anyone know if any shops will ship to hotel ?Because my friend will stay at LA for few days.Was thinking of getting some fishing gear.Wrote to Mako but didn’t receive any reply for few days.Thinking about spearamerica.
slpoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 01:28 PM   #2
MAKO Spearguns
Sponsor

Re: Shipping to hotel at LA

Sorry for the late response. We can definitely ship to a hotel, however it is best if you can place the order over the phone so we can make absolutely sure to schedule a delivery date that corresponds with your travel plans.

Once again, sorry for my late response, things are so busy this time of year
Dano

http://www.makospearguns.com/

http://www.facebook.com/makospearguns

HIGH PERFORMANCE GEAR - DIRECT FROM MAKO - NO DIVE SHOP MARKUP!
MAKO Spearguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 05:58 PM   #3
slpoh

Thanks for the reply!
Old 07-18-2019, 04:19 AM   #4
slpoh

From Dano:yes Poh,

that should work, make sure you forward that number to me as soon as you place the order, so we can make sure on arrival time.

thanks

dano

I pm dano once I placed my order and send him my order number.Got no reply for 2 days,and today receive a pm from jim and he told me that they shipped out the package and ask me to call the hotel to hold back the package for me.Today is only 17/7 and I already told Dano that my friend will arrive at the hotel at 3rd of August.And that is 2 more weeks! I specially choose Fedex ground so it is more easier for Dano to ship out on time.I had order 2 wetsuits and some gears,and was afraid of the package might be loss when my friend arrive there.I got a wetsuits from mako few months ago and it’s quality is good,but this time had a bad experience with mako.Will think twice again next time when i place my order.Should have order with petros.
Old 07-18-2019, 11:55 AM   #5
MAKO Spearguns
Sponsor

Poh:

I just became fully aware of the situation this morning. I want to offer my sincere apology for the confusion on this order and your dissatisfaction with the situation.

Hopefully I can remedy that.

When you first indicated that you wanted a particular arrival time, I suggested that the order be placed by phone (so we can make sure the shipping date is addressed). Unfortunately, you indicated that you did not have easy phone access, so we communicated through PM’s on Spearboard and I understand you also Emailed Jim@MAKOSpearguns.com.

Unfortunately, we dropped the ball on our end and the order was shipped immediately on the day it was placed (through our website) and before I communicated with Brad that a delayed shipping date was desired.

Normally we try to address these sort of special situations by phone, because I don’t always check my pm’s on Spearboard every day, but we do monitor our Email (Info@makospearguns.com) multiple times per day and of course we do answer the phone all day during business hours.

It is not unusual for us to ship orders to hotels etc. and Brad generally ships well in advance of the due date in order to account for any delays in shipping or other problems. Typically, there are no problems with a hotel holding a package for a customer.

In any regard, your order has been shipped considerably earlier than you wanted.

If you desire, I am willing to ship a second, duplicate order as over night express for delivery on whatever day you specify. That way, when you (or your representative) arrive at the hotel, there should be TWO identical orders waiting there.

I will pay the extra shipping charges and we can make arrangements for return shipping of the duplicative order/package – and of course, I will cover the return shipping costs for return of the second package as well.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed. I apologize for the inconvenience that the early shipping of your order has caused.

Thanks
Dano

http://www.makospearguns.com/

http://www.facebook.com/makospearguns

HIGH PERFORMANCE GEAR - DIRECT FROM MAKO - NO DIVE SHOP MARKUP!
MAKO Spearguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 06:57 PM   #6
slpoh

What I’m afraid of is the package will be loss as it is about 10 days at the hotel as it already happen to me once.And the hotel won’t take responsibility for this if the package is loss.If it is only few days they hold the package ,it is still ok.But the package will arrive at the hotel on 22 july and my friend will check in the hotel only at 3 august.For now,I can’t contact my friend as he is in france now.It will be good if you can contact the hotel for me about the package and ask them to hold it for me.No need to send another package.
Hotel name:Travelodge by wyndham LAX south
Tel:+1 3106151073

Thanks
Old 07-18-2019, 07:03 PM   #7
slpoh

What I’m afraid of is the package will be loss as it is about 10 days at the hotel as it already happen to me once.And the hotel won’t take responsibility for this if the package is loss.If it is only few days they hold the package ,it is still ok.But the package will arrive at the hotel on 22 july and my friend will check in the hotel only at 3 august.For now,I can’t contact my friend as he is in france now.It will be good if you can contact the hotel for me about the package and ask them to hold it for me.No need to send another package.
Hotel name:Travelodge by wyndham LAX south
Tel:+1 3106151073

Thanks