Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Mid-Atlantic States

Mid-Atlantic States A forum for the states of New York and New Jersey to better define the highly populated eastern US coast

Old 06-27-2017, 09:25 AM   #1
TriggerNJ
The Trigger Whisperer

Dive Buddies for Dutch Springs

It would be nice to have an informal group of guys who are interested in heading out to Dutch for a dive on days when vis isn't cooperating. My diving has been suffering the last few yrs and I'm looking to slowly get back in the groove but its proving to be PIA with the crappy dive seasons recently. I thought it would be great to get a little network of guys on here who are interested in the same. It's a nightmare matching schedules up with buddies so I figured everyone interested could respond to the thread and add a little bit of when your typically available etc. in your response. That way we know who is interested and we can all trade contact info to hopefully make it easier on us when we have a day free and would like to stay sharp but vis is horrendous. Been quite a few days this yr already that I would have loved to jump into the car and head there for a dive but couldn't get a buddy who was able too.

To get into Dutch now you need a level one freedive cert card.

My info:
I have a crazy schedule and its rare that I know when I will have time until the last minute. Makes it impossible to plan ahead. Mostly I would be a weekday last minute text "hey want to/can you head to Dutch in an hour" person.
Old 06-28-2017, 11:45 AM   #2
jersymudsniper

Re: Dive Buddies for Dutch Springs

They need to make 3d target course like archery but under water and with fish and sea creature targets. We could be rich. Lets buy a bluehole.
jersymudsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 06:49 AM   #3
TriggerNJ
The Trigger Whisperer

Quote:
They need to make 3d target course like archery but under water and with fish and sea creature targets. We could be rich. Lets buy a bluehole.
That would be a ton of fun...I need a place to shoot guns I never shoot until a trip.

129 people looked so far and no interest? I know vis has been pretty good but it can't last forever
Old 06-29-2017, 07:55 AM   #4
jersymudsniper

The reason i like spearfishing so much is that i love hunting. Its not so much the diveing part. Though i enjoy that also. But not enough to go without a gun. I work 70 to 80 hrs a week. I gotta prioritize my hobbys If i had more time i'd prob go to at least work on my dive times and depths.
jersymudsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 03:13 PM   #5
TriggerNJ
The Trigger Whisperer

I hear you I'm no "Freediver" I just love hunting and looking at critters while freediving even without a gun. I have no interest in reaching for the deepest I can go down lines for the pursuit of more depth. I look at it as practice to improve the aspects I love. It's great for doing drops to depths you plan on hunting. It really irons out the kinks and makes shooting fish at those depths comfortable, safer and more enjoyable. Plus it's fun. I wouldn't choose to go out there over a good day of diving as work is rough on me this time of year too but I've crawled through enough 3-5ft murk in my day to miss a few in favor of practice. Makes my diving with the gun more enjoyable.

Last edited by TriggerNJ; 06-29-2017 at 03:25 PM.
TriggerNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 04:21 PM   #6
brooklyndiver

I've got my fii card and could use some dive practice, schedule is also erratic but i would be open to heading out there if things align. shoot me a pm.

Only problem is my suit may not be thick enough as I understand the water there gets cold. I've got a 4/3mm xcel drylock...my surf/dive suit...and a 2mm rob allen...lol
brooklyndiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 10:56 AM   #7
Ric

Are you talking about a fresh water lake in PA ?
Ric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 01:41 PM   #8
Burnz
People for Kaboat

http://www.dutchsprings.com/scuba/

I'd be down to go but I don't have the proper credentials!
Burnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 07:22 PM   #9
TriggerNJ
The Trigger Whisperer

Quote:
I've got my fii card and could use some dive practice, schedule is also erratic but i would be open to heading out there if things align. shoot me a pm.

Only problem is my suit may not be thick enough as I understand the water there gets cold. I've got a 4/3mm xcel drylock...my surf/dive suit...and a 2mm rob allen...lol
Yeah, theres a mean thermocline there all summer long. Sent you my info.

Quote:
I'd be down to go but I don't have the proper credentials!
We got diving to do after fish. Your almost as hard as me to work out any dive with period.
Old 07-01-2017, 06:12 AM   #10
Jersey Jim

That water there is really clear, due to the millions of zebra mussels. Fun stuff to play on too. Made many a trip there (2 hours each way) for several years starting in 2002. I used to start the season in April, in a 2mm one-piece! I don't know how I did it. Was really gung ho back then. 4 of us formed a club and it grew. Was really good times. Used to bring a motorhome and spend the weekend. I really miss that place.
Jersey Jim is offline   Reply With Quote