Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Off Topic Area

Off Topic Area Enjoy a virtual beer at the bar, and talk about anything else on your mind that may not pertain to spearfishing.

Old 03-11-2020, 12:49 PM   #91
OBLIGATED

Re: Financial/Investments

Buy while its down!
Silver was at 17 today.Waiting for it to drop some more.Been looking at getting a 1 kilo bar.
Schwab has a fund that pays dividends that I am going to look into to diversify.
Crazy days
Old 03-11-2020, 12:53 PM   #92
OBLIGATED

Wonder if I can convince the wife this is a good investment?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1200px-Hunter_310_sailboat_3384.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	245090  
Old 03-11-2020, 01:52 PM   #93
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBLIGATED View Post
Buy while its down!
Silver was at 17 today.Waiting for it to drop some more.Been looking at getting a 1 kilo bar.
Schwab has a fund that pays dividends that I am going to look into to diversify.
Crazy days
REAL CRAZY. PM miners are getting HAMMERED. JNUG is a screaming buy at these levels.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 11:21 AM   #94
OBLIGATED

Watching the market drop some more!I had pulled my fund money out and bought back in at a lower price point.Market went up and wife thought I was a genius.Now Im a dumbass again
Bought some Ford stock today and looking at Schwabs SCHD to dribble money into to diversify some.
Silver is down a good bit.Probably going to buy tonight or tomorrow.Watching to see how low it goes.
Old 03-12-2020, 03:44 PM   #95
Marcus

Your not the only one in the dumbass club. PM miners got MURDERED! I sold just about everything about 3:15 today and they plummeted after that. That brings me a little happiness. I could've lost a LOT more. I've still some capital preserved. Going to take a while to get back where I was. It hit 105 on 2/24...it's sitting $7 levels aftermarket.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
Old 03-12-2020, 09:26 PM   #96
Marcus

The gold/silver ratio is just F'ing stupid off the chain. Somethings got to break. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here.
I'm happy I'm sitting on the sidelines in cash and physical. It's hard processing this insanity.
Old 03-12-2020, 11:56 PM   #97
North Star
Max

Marcus, educate me about the gold/silver ratio. What is it telling you?
Old 03-13-2020, 08:01 AM   #98
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Star View Post
Marcus, educate me about the gold/silver ratio. What is it telling you?
It's hitting all time highs. https://www.macrotrends.net/1441/gold-to-silver-ratio
Silver is massively undervalued. The ratio should reflect it's scarcity in the Earth.

Last edited by Marcus; 03-13-2020 at 09:52 AM.
Old 03-13-2020, 09:33 AM   #99
OBLIGATED

Bought more Ford stock today and SWPPX
Sold a 1911 frame and some parts that had been in my safe for over 20 years.Going to probably order the 10 ounce at spot from SilverGold Bull today.
I guess in a few years I can laugh or cry about it.
Old 03-13-2020, 04:39 PM   #100
Marcus

Picked up some JNUG below $4 today. It dipped below 4 for a short moment. $3.50 was the low.
I was watching the price in complete disbelief wondering how low it would it go. I then started seeing some HUGE bids starting to come thru. I thru some of my Vegas money at it. So far, up 55%.

Last edited by Marcus; 03-14-2020 at 09:40 AM.
Old 03-14-2020, 01:52 AM   #101
North Star
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
It's hitting all time highs. https://www.macrotrends.net/1441/gold-to-silver-ratio
Silver is massively undervalued. The ratio should reflect it's scarcity in the Earth.
Thanks!
Old 03-15-2020, 01:22 PM   #102
Marcus

I think the time is here, folks...I hope you have some dry powder. I'm sitting on enough, if taking the right opportunities, to secure my retirement. I have one thing going for me is my mistakes learned from 2008. I'm more emotionally sound to make the right decisions...hopefully.
Fear, greed, anxiety, excitement, nervousness, adrenaline rush...I'm feeling it all. I'm not going to catch that falling knife though...gonna wait until definite indications. I hope.
Old 03-16-2020, 09:53 AM   #103
OBLIGATED

Silver went south a lot so I figured I would buy a Kilo or two.APMEX had really cool looking silver skulls I thought would look cool on the bar.Sold out!So were the bars.
Been throwing my boat money into the marketGoing to wait and see what happens now.
Have funds to pay the house off but Im not risking that in the market.I just don't need the stress.Ill pay this little place off and cry "I shoulda"later.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	silverskull.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	245151  
Old 03-16-2020, 10:14 AM   #104
Marcus

Silver $11 Wowzers! Can anyone buy it at that price??
“At no time in human history has silver been this cheap relative to gold.”

Added more JNUG in the mid 6 dollar range.
Old 03-17-2020, 04:00 PM   #105
Marcus

Added more JNUG around 11.50. Currently $13.50. Shit's wild, yo. I'm sitting here with butt cheeks clenched.