Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Pacific Northwest

Pacific Northwest Tell us about hunting in the PNW here!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-24-2017, 12:29 AM   #136
dave p

Re: Oregon spearfishing

Heading down on Friday if anyone would like to join. Thinking about ecola beach or barview. Hit me up if anyone wants to meetup.
It's been slow getting in the water here after moving from the East coast
Coming out of winter mode in north Portland.
Old 05-25-2017, 02:30 PM   #137
Jahza14

Hey, I am living in Bend for the summer and I am heading to Seaside area for the weekend. Was looking to get in the water if anyone is heading out this weekend or anytime this summer. My phone number is 248-798-9046 if anyone is heading out please let me know.
Jahza14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 09:09 PM   #138
sava6e

I'm heading out to PAC city for a kayak dive Tuesday, not sure if anyone else is going to be out there
sava6e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 08:25 AM   #139
Tazz

Send a message via AIM to Tazz

Cool to get out with other spearos locally. My name is Cody, I live in Eugene, am 48, will drive to dive, have a very flexible schedule, experienced at free diving / spearfish, and have full gear set up not including boat. I've been diving for five years consistently in southern Baja (live there half time). Now I'm back in Eugene to Oregon wanting to keep diving.
Tazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 10:44 AM   #140
sava6e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
Cool to get out with other spearos locally. My name is Cody, I live in Eugene, am 48, will drive to dive, have a very flexible schedule, experienced at free diving / spearfish, and have full gear set up not including boat. I've been diving for five years consistently in southern Baja (live there half time). Now I'm back in Eugene to Oregon wanting to keep diving.
are you looking to free dive or throw on a tank?
sava6e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 11:48 AM   #141
Tazz

Send a message via AIM to Tazz

Free dive only.
Tazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 06:18 PM   #142
WaGigKPN

I am going to seaside oregon later this week and will be there till Tuesday. (Family vacation). I want to do some spearing. I was thinking of Ecola State Park or make the drive down to Barview. Since i am with family, I cannot commit to more than half a day but would be cool if someone local can show me the ropes.
WaGigKPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 09:50 PM   #143
Coos-spearo

Hi Cody, My name is William in Coos Bay, OR. I basically work 7 days a week in the Summer but will sneak out if the visibility is good. I have a boat for the bay and set of kayaks as well. Coos Bay would be a 2 1/2 hour drive for you. Most Eugene Scuba Divers dive in Florence. I imagine there are spots to freedive as well along the jetty. Eugene Skin Divers Supply could answer that question. In the Fall through Spring I would be up for heading down to Port Orford or Northern California. My contact details are:

William Parsons
541-778-0147
wsp0147@hotmail.com

If you want to set up a dive at Sunset Bay let me know. We can kick out or paddle out either one. Let me know.
Coos-spearo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 09:45 PM   #144
Chadms04

In Newport from the 25th till the 29th if anyone wants to dive. Let me know text 458-205-9800 pfi freediver no tanks from cali but have dove the fingers before hit me up

~Chad
Chadms04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 04:19 PM   #145
vuka

Looking for some folks to go spearing. I'm a novice to spearing but free dive recreationally for long time. Anybody have trips planned?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
vuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 10:07 PM   #146
Camero

Hey All,

I'm heading south from Victoria BC to the Oregon coast this Friday. I'm bringing my freediving and spearing kit and would be thrilled to check out some of the hunting Oregon has to offer!

I've been spearing for 3 years and consistently / safely hit 50'. I would be stoked to find some ab as it's prohibited here at home.

As for schedule I'll be in Astoria for next Monday and then South Beach for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. If anyone is available to jump in the water I would be stoked to get out!

I'll also be taking some friends out clam digging if possible. Any guidance on good spots for clamming and diving would be greatly appreciated!

Camero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 02:39 PM   #147
quattroluvr
Leigh

Send a message via Skype™ to quattroluvr

Note that most folks at least here in Oregon have abandoned this forum in favor of the Facebook version by similar name.
quattroluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 03:39 PM   #148
kyle.ss

Hey I'm looking for a spearing partner in Oregon. I live around Portland about a hour and a half from Tillamook bay. I'm up for either free diving or scuba, and i have all the equipment needed. I'm a very able diver, and a competitive swimmer. My names Kyle, you can either text me at (503) 404 3739 or email me at sayrk13@gmail.com.
kyle.ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 01:55 PM   #149
jollyjack

Hey everybody, Im 25 yrs old and work as an engineer up here in Portland. Originally from Alsea Oregon. I too am new to the sport. Just got certified open water scuba last spring. I have fished off the rocks on the oregon coast since I was a kid. Ive got all my own gear, I want to hunt with a hawaiian sling. I heard maybe there was a closure for rock fish, lingcod, etc until the new year. Is this true? Does anyone want to show me how to spearfish?
jollyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 08:39 PM   #150
TJA

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattroluvr View Post
Note that most folks at least here in Oregon have abandoned this forum in favor of the Facebook version by similar name.
Is the facebook group hidden? I'm having trouble finding it.

e. found it
TJA is offline   Reply With Quote