Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Boating > Dive Boats 4-Sale

Dive Boats 4-Sale Have a dive boat you want to sell? Post photos and a good description, and you may just have some success.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-13-2014, 09:48 AM   #1
Smesh

SOLD! 12' Achilles SD-124 SAR Boat w/15hp Honda, Trailer FF, GPS $2000

I don't want to sell this but need the cash.

SOLD

SD-124 Achilles Search and Rescue boat rated for a 35hp motor and 1500 pounds of cargo. No patches, extremely clean. Includes wood floor, and bags for boat and floor, but has been kept inflated in a garage its whole life except for a few months in a covered parking area and a few months outside with a boat cover (cover is also included).

This boat includes a trailer with fresh wiring to new LED lights but can also be rolled into the bags and taken in an SUV or trunk to Baja.

The motor is a 2002 Honda 15hp and starts first pull every time. Previous owner was an aircraft mechanic and I'm also pretty handy. Has fresh oil, new fuel filter and brand new plugs. Sips gas. Naturally, it includes the gas can and hose. Has bolt on outboard fins to help plane easily at low speed. Shop manual is included.

It also comes with electric start, but the starter motor has been removed and is in a box. The mechanic I bought it from assures me it works great but he removed it to cut weight and since he wasn't going to use it, wanted to keep the salt away from it.

The boat also includes a custom crate rig for storage rod holders and a trolling holder, plus a fishfinder and GPS. Also includes a battery in a sealed waterproof pelican case from a kayak shop in Ventura.

Has removable custom bow and stern lighting, an anchor and a collapsible oar. It's also set up for lobster and crab trapping with a custom curved poly plate that protects the gunnels from hauling lines.

Motor gets meticulously flushed and then allowed to run out of fuel to stall to avoid gas sitting in the carb after every trip in the water. Boat and trailer also well cleaned and rinsed after every trip.

Floor has been strengthened with fiberglass and thick coats of varnish and is in fantastic shape. Floorboards removed ever 4-5 trips out to clean debris from under the boards and to avoid abrasion and wear that can lead to holes.

The boat does 22 MPH with two guys loaded with dive gear. The previous owner used to use it to cross from Oxnard to Channel Islands early in the morning on days with waves 2' or less. This is a very stable, strong boat and I wouldn't sell it if I didn't need the dough.

Title for boat and trailer. Trailer has lifetime title.

$2000. The motor is worth almost that alone.

Sold.

Last edited by Smesh; 02-26-2015 at 05:53 PM.
Smesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 11:53 AM   #2
arice

Re: 12' Achilles SD-124 SAR Boat w/15hp Honda, Trailer FF, GPS $2000

That's a badass little boat. Wish I had a place for it to live.
arice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 10:24 PM   #3
Smesh

Re: 12' Achilles SD-124 SAR Boat w/15hp Honda, Trailer FF, GPS $2000

Sold!
Smesh is offline   Reply With Quote