Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Off Topic Area

Off Topic Area Enjoy a virtual beer at the bar, and talk about anything else on your mind that may not pertain to spearfishing.

Old 05-25-2018, 12:34 PM   #1
techwiz44

Thank you to all those serving in the Armed Forces, and all those that gave all.

This is another holiday weekend. This should not be a political football. We can never repay the sacrifice made by so many. To those serving I thank you and your families. I hope you return to your family safe and sound. God bless you all.

Freedom is not free, it is paid in sacrifice and blood.

Protecting the US borders is LAWFULL- not racist.
Fabricating lies and passing it off as news is dishonest and corrupt and not worthy of protection.
techwiz44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 03:02 PM   #2
Mendicant

Re: Thank you to all those serving in the Armed Forces, and all those that gave all.

Last edited by Mendicant; 05-25-2018 at 03:03 PM. Reason: weak emoticon options
Mendicant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 03:06 PM   #3
OBLIGATED

Re: Thank you to all those serving in the Armed Forces, and all those that gave all.

Old 05-25-2018, 04:32 PM   #4
dr.ed

Thank you for your service!
dr.ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 05:46 PM   #5
SubSub

I do respect the soldiers 100%. It’s not a fun job. Unfortunately for the soldiers a lot of the war were not necessary for others than the warmongers with their own agendas. Unfortunately for the soldiers that are the ones just doing their jobs, they are the ones that pay the price for the others to cash in on.
SubSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 06:49 PM   #6
kmoose
Team Headhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubSub View Post
I do respect the soldiers 100%. It’s not a fun job. Unfortunately for the soldiers a lot of the war were not necessary for others than the warmongers with their own agendas. Unfortunately for the soldiers that are the ones just doing their jobs, they are the ones that pay the price for the others to cash in on.
For once could you not soil a thread dedicated to honor brave souls who fought and died? It wasn’t their “job” you clueless ****tard and it pains me to think that possibly one molecule of their blood was shed somewhere in time that preserved any member of your lineage allowing you to be born.
Old 05-26-2018, 07:06 AM   #7
SubSub

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoose View Post
For once could you not soil a thread dedicated to honor brave souls who fought and died? It wasn’t their “job” you clueless ****tard and it pains me to think that possibly one molecule of their blood was shed somewhere in time that preserved any member of your lineage allowing you to be born.

In which way do you mean I have soiled the thread? In that I mention that I respect the soldiers to a 100% and that is is a shame they have spill their blood for the profit of others.

I know the US has done much for the world, no denying that. But the wars of late has more to do with big biz. Without the wars of the last 30yrs in the Middle East, the Middle East would still be a shithole but thousands and thousands of soldiers would still be alive, and tens of thousands would not have lost their sons, daughter, fathers and mothers, brothers and sisters.

You need to take a pill and chill.
Old 05-26-2018, 08:43 AM   #8
2fishin2
Pacific Spearo

SubSub….Im a vet with 23 years of service.

I never once during that service thought about "big biz or warmongers". Service members do not think about things such as that. We do what we are told and to the best of our abilities....we take care of each other and that's what is important to us. We are not politicians, we don't have time to think about big biz or the reason behind a war. Our focus is doing our jobs and looking out for the troops under our leadership.

We serve for people we don't know, we serve for people we don't agree with. We serve for the better good of our country.

We serve for people with your opinion and for everybody else's here on the board. And if the calling came for us to serve again, most of would gladly do it all over again. Its who we are, its in our heart.

On Memorial day its customary to remember those people who gave the ultimate sacrifice so that others may live without the whys.

Please remember those people and forget about everything else.
2fishin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 09:07 AM   #9
SubSub

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fishin2 View Post
SubSub….Im a vet with 23 years of service.

I never once during that service thought about "big biz or warmongers". Service members do not think about things such as that. We do what we are told and to the best of our abilities....we take care of each other and that's what is important to us. We are not politicians, we don't have time to think about big biz or the reason behind a war. Our focus is doing our jobs and looking out for the troops under our leadership.

We serve for people we don't know, we serve for people we don't agree with. We serve for the better good of our country.

We serve for people with your opinion and for everybody else's here on the board. And if the calling came for us to serve again, most of would gladly do it all over again. Its who we are, its in our heart.

On Memorial day its customary to remember those people who gave the ultimate sacrifice so that others may live without the whys.

Please remember those people and forget about everything else.

Well put 2fishin2. I respect that and meant nothing bad at all with my initial comment. It was sincere and I feel for all soldiers that paid the ultimate price and their close ones.
Old 05-26-2018, 11:01 AM   #10
techwiz44

Do NOT make this thread a political foot ball. The fallen need to be remembered and honored.

Protecting the US borders is LAWFULL- not racist.
Fabricating lies and passing it off as news is dishonest and corrupt and not worthy of protection.
techwiz44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 01:21 PM   #11
agbiv
Spear, cook, and eat fish

This is a thread to those who have served and given their lives in defense of freedom for the United Stated of America. Sometimes that overlaps to other countries but this is OUR remembrance and OUR holiday for it. Subsub stay home in Sweden, mind your own business and keep your mouth shut in matters that don't concern you. Better yet, go to that other forum that is 99% dedicated to Europeans.
Old 05-26-2018, 04:27 PM   #12
SubSub

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbiv View Post
Subsub stay home in Sweden, mind your own business and keep your mouth shut in matters that don't concern you. Better yet, go to that other forum that is 99% dedicated to Europeans.

Yup. That’s what i was doing, back here in Sweden minding my own business... then came along some dickhead thinking he could tell me what to do or not to. I go where I please and I do what I want and you can’t do anything about it but wish I didn’t.
Old 05-26-2018, 05:24 PM   #13
agbiv
Spear, cook, and eat fish

Just pack your stuff in a bag and use it for fertilizer in your own garden, not ours. If you didn't realize that your comments were offensive and out of line you weren't raised with the right manners or decorum or worse you're ignorant. Re-reading it appears you are being deliberately malicious. Go where you want just use the scooper to clean up after yourself. Freedom doesn't just mean one can't go where they want, say what they want and not take responsibility for deliberately being rude. You crossed a line that was explicitly requested to be left alone. Sure there is the freedom to do so but there is also the freedom to call you out for being a troll and interloper. Maybe you get off on creating mayhem.
Old 05-26-2018, 08:19 PM   #14
kmoose
Team Headhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubSub View Post
Yup. That’s what i was doing, back here in Sweden minding my own business... then came along some dickhead thinking he could tell me what to do or not to. I go where I please and I do what I want and you can’t do anything about it but wish I didn’t.
You were not minding your own business and that is the issue.

I’ll be in your neck of the woods late October so maybe we can get together and have lunch and a nice chat. My schedule will be pretty much open.
Old 05-26-2018, 09:31 PM   #15
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Moose, world traveler, eclectic man? Who would've thunk? I hope you'll represent with the banana hammock. Let them Swedes know us Yanks are crazy like that. We're not to be toyed with. We'll take to the next level. Be sure to bring your free diving gun that you can't cock.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote