Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > General Freediving Area

General Freediving Area If Apnea Diving rocks your world, talk about it here!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2015, 08:40 AM   #1
bdavis

Front Line Freediving Review

Hey guys, just wanted to share my experience of the PFI class I took with Front Line Freediving in Wilmington, NC:

I just got done with taking Front Line Freedivings PFI Level 1 Freediving course with Sam Blount. Overall the class was an incredible experience to say the least.

For the classroom portion of the course we met in the morning at Sam’s house. Sam made us feel right at home and after brief introductions we were underway. Sam went over all the information clearly and in a way that everyone could understand. He was very patient and gave tons of one-on-one time to every student to make sure that everyone had their equalization and breathing techniques down pat.

After a brief lunch break we met back up at the pool. Here is where my confidence started to build. Here, Sam helped me correct my kicks and learn how to confidently respond to an array of freediving emergencies. I also increased my static breathold by over a minute to almost reach 3 ½ minutes.

During the open water portion of the class Sam really helped me fine-tune my diving as we dove on his rig. Sam was with me the whole time during the dive, which boosted my confidence and allowed myself to tweak my head position and form real time during the dive. I hit the 66-foot max depth for the class and felt more comfortable at that depth than I used to when I was hitting the 40’ range while diving with poor form. Since Sam is a spearfishing based freediving instructor after the class was over Sam even let me practice line diving with my gun so I could maintain the good form I learned while spearfishing.
bdavis is offline   Reply With Quote