Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Politics/Religion Forum

Politics/Religion Forum This special place is for threads that are primarily on political or religious subjects.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-15-2018, 08:00 AM   #616
riplipper
Relax, a beer will help

Re: Alert to Deniers - February breaks global temperature records by 'shocking' amoun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpearMax View Post
Can Bringing Back Mammoths Help Stop Climate Change?
I thought animals were responsible for much of our wows with all of their methane gas contribution
Old 05-15-2018, 08:29 AM   #617
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Re: Alert to Deniers - February breaks global temperature records by 'shocking' amoun

Quote:
Originally Posted by riplipper View Post
I thought animals were responsible for much of our wows with all of their methane gas contribution
I have heard a few cow farts that made me go 'wow'.

*woes
Old 05-15-2018, 08:34 AM   #618
fitz

Physicist: Climate Scientists Are Giving Science a Bad Name

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ce-a-bad-name/
fitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 08:48 AM   #619
riplipper
Relax, a beer will help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I have heard a few cow farts that made me go 'wow'.
*woes
can't fix my kind of stupid
Old 05-15-2018, 11:07 AM   #620
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitz View Post
Physicist: Climate Scientists Are Giving Science a Bad Name

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ce-a-bad-name/
Great article. This...
Quote:
Scientists — even climate scientists, Paltridge generously argues — are not generally “wicked, idiotic or easily suborned.” But they do have to eat, and almost all the research money right now is available for scientists pushing the alarmist side of the argument, not the skeptical one. Also, the whole field is mired in such uncertainty that is quite impossible for anyone — whether skeptic or alarmist — to prove their position.
If you trace that grant money, you'll find it comes from globalist sources that want to gain control over the industrialized nations by controlling the money. In this case, it would be in the form of carbon credits with the bank located at globalist headquarters, the IMF.
Old 06-01-2018, 05:42 PM   #621
SpearMax
Forum Administrator

Ocean Heatwaves Are Getting Longer and More Intense

Smithsonian 6-1-2018

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/scien...nse-180969221/

SpearMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 06:23 PM   #622
SpearMax
Forum Administrator

Antarctic Ice Loss Has Tripled Over the Past Decade

Smithsonian 6-14-18

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart...ade-180969373/

Old 06-14-2018, 07:47 PM   #623
Marcus

Quote:
Antarctic Ice Loss Has Tripled Over the Past Decade

Smithsonian 6-14-18

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart...ade-180969373/

....says a globalist puppet rag with a paid agenda.
Old 06-15-2018, 09:12 AM   #624
JetBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepps1 View Post
I can't wait to dive saltwater in my home state. I think it's completely bogus that the only coral heads I can bring home are fossilized.
Should read, “Popular Science FICTION”
JetBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 04:18 PM   #625
HARVESTER

Quote:
The last time I drove across the Great South Bay on ice was around 1984. For the past three years I have friends who've been doing it. Doesn't say anything other than I'm, really skeptical about all this news about areas where people don't see with their own eyes. It's always some remote place - never in Chicago, where the whole great lakes system almost froze over for the past few years or East coast coastal regions that have experienced record temp lows and miserably frigid winters for the past four years.

You have to just trust that 3 billion bazillion gallons of Ice is disappearing from the artic/Antarctica... How do you even estimate this kind of data? Are people arrogant enough to think they can do such things? How about the total volume rainfall from Irma? Anyone have a solid figure? me says a shitload. Good data I think.
HARVESTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 12:09 PM   #626
SpearMax
Forum Administrator

Question Re: Alert to Deniers - February breaks global temperature records by 'shocking' amoun

Quote:
How about a Libertarian concept that thinks unlike you?

A pilot project for a new libertarian floating city will have 300 homes, its own government, and its own cryptocurrency

by Leanna Garfield 6-15-18

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/real...cid=spartandhp

Old 06-16-2018, 01:40 PM   #627
Marcus

Quote:
How about a Libertarian concept that thinks unlike you?

A pilot project for a new libertarian floating city will have 300 homes, its own government, and its own cryptocurrency

by Leanna Garfield 6-15-18

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/real...cid=spartandhp

How about researching stuff instead of being played the fool. You've been duped by the MSM once again. Here it is from the horses mouth. If you do decide to read it, you'll find nothing about climate change or rising sea levels.
https://www.seasteading.org/about/
Old 06-16-2018, 02:22 PM   #628
SpearMax
Forum Administrator

Talking Re: Alert to Deniers - February breaks global temperature records by 'shocking' amoun

Quote:
How about researching stuff instead of being played the fool. You've been duped by the MSM once again. Here it is from the horses mouth. If you do decide to read it, you'll find nothing about climate change or rising sea levels.
https://www.seasteading.org/about/
I call BS on you Marcus - LOL

What does it say here? Read again oh Global Warming Scholar.

Our planet is suffering from serious environmental problems: coastal flooding due to severe storms caused in part by atmospheric pollution and diminishing natural resources among them. But the seas can be home to a new breed of pioneers, seasteaders, who are willing to homestead the Blue Frontier. Oil platforms and cruise ships already inhabit the waters; now it’s time to take the next step to full-fledged ocean civilizations.

Who We Are

The Seasteading Institute is a nonprofit think-tank working to make floating societies a reality. It’s our belief that humanity needs to start looking to the oceans for innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing problems: rising sea levels, overpopulation, poor governance, and more.

https://www.seasteading.org/

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Seasteading Institute Front Page on 6-16-18.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	238440  
Old 06-16-2018, 02:46 PM   #629
Marcus

Noted, that it does mentions rising sea levels, if you look hard enough. BUT, the article you posted spun it like that was the prime reason and THEN mixed in a bunch of hog wash from another globalist steered propaganda rag that made chicken little prognostications of dire doom. Name one climate change prognostication that has come true. I'm sure I can find hundreds by alleged respected sources that were lies. I've a prediction...you won't see any sea level rise before you die that will affect anyone in any way. Matter of fact, you're more likely to see a descending sea level as it appears the Sun has entered a solar minimum.
Anywho, if I were a part of the Seasteading utopian dream looking for investors, I'd probably try to pull in some of the fear mongered sucker's money, too. They're plenty of rich people living in the matrix.
Old 06-21-2018, 11:18 AM   #630
SpearMax
Forum Administrator

How do deniers reconcile this scientific data with reality? Are you concerned at all?

American Cities That Will Soon Be Under Water

MSN by Thomas C. Frohlich 6-20-18

http://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/top...b7Kz&ocid=iehp