Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Politics/Religion Forum

Politics/Religion Forum This special place is for threads that are primarily on political or religious subjects.

Old 05-26-2018, 05:56 PM   #1
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

where in the world holds the best opportunity to thrive?

Sad to say, but I'm about done with the USA. Given my knowledge and study of what's going on, my prodigy and I are doomed to the oncoming maelstrom. I've the opportunity, working for a major corp, to move to a more palatable local.
This country is in the fourth turning. Nothing is going to get better until it totally crashes and people once again learn how to earn their meal and realize what the infectious parasitic fed gov't is doing to them. This country needs a serious flea bath. The corruption is sucking us dry. The fleas will put up a hell of a fight. In the mean time everyone will suffer the parasite's determination to stay on the host. This will drag down every producer's quality of life. One only needs to look at the lack of savings of people coming of age. It's not pretty. The globalists have accomplished their mission in destroying America. It's what they set out to do MANY years ago. I see no bounce back unless the Orange Jesus really starts kicking some globalist ass. Seemingly, taking out Soros and his funding of globalist funding would be easy. Why isn't that being done?? Instead, we get more support of Israhell and their Zionist agenda at the expense of our countrymen. Where's the love for our country?? Where's the love for what America was founded upon?
As a Libertarian, I find these continuous actions a total abomination. I don't want to live this lie anymore. I surely appreciate the opportunities I've been given and have capitalized on, but those opportunities are no longer more for my prodigy moving forward in the future.
Thoughts? Suggestions?

Last edited by Marcus; 05-26-2018 at 09:25 PM.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 06:10 PM   #2
fitz

Re: where in the world holds the best opportunity to thrive?

Small farm away...homestead.
fitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 06:28 PM   #3
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitz View Post
Small farm away...homestead.
Noted. But, can one escape and thrive in mid America? What about the QoL with the encroaching Fed foot on one's neck?
Old 05-26-2018, 06:59 PM   #4
mepps1

Not perfect in flyoverland, by a long shot. But we can make it.

I don't think it would be a bad idea to have an overseas bolt-hole, by any means.

But middle-America has a lot of good folks, still. The others can be sorted out if it comes to it. If you can walk to most of your food and have skills to sell or barter, you'll (probably) be OK in bad times.
mepps1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 07:16 PM   #5
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepps1 View Post
Not perfect in flyoverland, by a long shot. But we can make it.

I don't think it would be a bad idea to have an overseas bolt-hole, by any means.

But middle-America has a lot of good folks, still. The others can be sorted out if it comes to it. If you can walk to most of your food and have skills to sell or barter, you'll (probably) be OK in bad times.
Yea, tist the conundrum. I do like the opportunity to hunt. The opportunity of exercising my engineering abilities to make a living is the problem. There isn't much opportunity in that respect, although, my skills are broad. But, I wonder, still, how the boot of the fed will impair my, and my prodigy's, future.
Old 05-26-2018, 07:18 PM   #6
fitz

Sheit, I am behind enemy lines and grow vegetables for sale barter. Aquaponic fish and chickens for protein.
If you had 4 acres anywhere away from the city you would be rich! You engineer your life.

Last edited by fitz; 05-26-2018 at 07:19 PM. Reason: +
Old 05-26-2018, 07:53 PM   #7
Ryfish

I see a real bright future for America where big corporations that are sucking us dry and spreading fake news and all the BS go the way of the dodo.
Old 05-26-2018, 08:11 PM   #8
fitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryfish View Post
I see a real bright future for America where big corporations that are sucking us dry and spreading fake news and all the BS go the way of the dodo.
Better put your kit on, the have nots will destroy the Republic first. You don't have to use "big corp" but the leftists won't go away peacefully.
Red dot center mass.
Old 05-27-2018, 04:24 PM   #9
OBLIGATED

I hear Venezuela is nice Possibly England or France since they have no gun crime and have lots of free speech
I could probably survive just about anywhere but I like having relative freedom here in America.I would prefer to be on a sailboat but since the wife and kids seem to despise sailing and we care for a relative dealing with cancer I settled for country living.Very simple country living.
I have chickens,bees,Apple trees,small garden and deer that come on the property.I have older PAID for vehicles and toys.No credit card debt I cant pay off in a month or two and total debt under 60k on the property.I got tired of the Jonses and the baggage that goes with it.
Life is what you make of it.Some people no matter what they have in wealth,health or freedom are miserable.Im thankful for being able to go to a grocery store and CHOOSE what food I want and to CHOOSE to own guns,speak my mind or take a piss in the middle of my property without hearing someone bitch about it or place restrictions on me.
Old 05-27-2018, 04:52 PM   #10
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBLIGATED View Post
I hear Venezuela is nice Possibly England or France since they have no gun crime and have lots of free speech
I could probably survive just about anywhere but I like having relative freedom here in America.I would prefer to be on a sailboat but since the wife and kids seem to despise sailing and we care for a relative dealing with cancer I settled for country living.Very simple country living.
I have chickens,bees,Apple trees,small garden and deer that come on the property.I have older PAID for vehicles and toys.No credit card debt I cant pay off in a month or two and total debt under 60k on the property.I got tired of the Jonses and the baggage that goes with it.
Life is what you make of it.Some people no matter what they have in wealth,health or freedom are miserable.Im thankful for being able to go to a grocery store and CHOOSE what food I want and to CHOOSE to own guns,speak my mind or take a piss in the middle of my property without hearing someone bitch about it or place restrictions on me.
Word. I admire your life style and wish to emulate it. My problem is generating the revenue to do such. There's not a lot of engineering jobs in your neck of the woods and my back issues don't allow me to do the construction type stuff it use to. I can fix pretty much anything, but I not sure that would generate enough income to afford the luxuries.
Old 05-27-2018, 05:14 PM   #11
OBLIGATED

Theres not a lot of anything where I live.When I was doing flooring I drove easily 4 hrs a day to the job and back.Sucked but I wanted something else for my boys.
In the Panhandle you can be in a city in an hours drive and be back in redneckville to relax that evening.Same here.
I have what I need but not really what I want.I really loved the log homes I built and a new 4x4 crewcab lariat every two years,new boat,ATVs,motorcycles,machineguns,week vacations in the Keys,Horses,hunting leases,etc,etc.
It would be nice to have that again but whats better is not having payments and busting my ass maintaining it.When I sell most of my boats,paddleboards,travel trailer and Diesel truck things will be even more simple.Its pure torture now to look or think about new vehicles,boats or a house because of goals and parameters set before anything new is bought.In the end I will be debt free but its not easy.
Old 05-28-2018, 02:29 AM   #12
Ryfish

Life doesnt suck our thinking about it does sometimes though. Change our thinking about life all we can really do.

As far as working I’ve been lucky. Was able to save and buy everything I own cash and no payments. House cars boat everything is paid for I have one credit card with small limit. It helps with stress but still is some for sure with my 1.5 YO son and wife being new mother.

I say stay positive you and others on this board are smart guys and will figure things out.
Old 05-28-2018, 09:58 AM   #13
Marcus

I'm picking up what you're throwin' down. Being a native in one of the most prized areas in the world, I constantly remind myself that I'm living in paradise...and I've lived it. A bud of mine has traveled the world due to his work and he still maintains that this area is the tits weather wise, opportunity, crime wise, etc..
My main source of pondering this question is what I see coming down the pike. I'm a study of history and the evil people shaping it. Seemingly, this country is in ill shape to stop what's coming next. I'm looking to find another place and not deal with the BS coming. Only because I see a weakened brainwashed populace that lacks the fortitude to overcome. Plus, I'm ready to restart/reboot...I've been a rut lately. I'm jaded. I need a new challenge.
Old 05-28-2018, 03:53 PM   #14
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryfish View Post
Life doesnt suck our thinking about it does sometimes though. Change our thinking about life all we can really do.

As far as working Iíve been lucky. Was able to save and buy everything I own cash and no payments. House cars boat everything is paid for I have one credit card with small limit. It helps with stress but still is some for sure with my 1.5 YO son and wife being new mother.

I say stay positive you and others on this board are smart guys and will figure things out.
Life is never easy but sometimes we make things harder for ourselves.Constantly being barraged with advertisement and propaganda of what "the good life' is really dont help.Everyone from the corporations,government and the churches want a piece of your ass and devotion.Screw them!Take care of your family the way you are doing.
Everyone likes nice things.Just remember they are just things.
Old 05-28-2018, 03:59 PM   #15
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I'm picking up what you're throwin' down. Being a native in one of the most prized areas in the world, I constantly remind myself that I'm living in paradise...and I've lived it. A bud of mine has traveled the world due to his work and he still maintains that this area is the tits weather wise, opportunity, crime wise, etc..
My main source of pondering this question is what I see coming down the pike. I'm a study of history and the evil people shaping it. Seemingly, this country is in ill shape to stop what's coming next. I'm looking to find another place and not deal with the BS coming. Only because I see a weakened brainwashed populace that lacks the fortitude to overcome. Plus, I'm ready to restart/reboot...I've been a rut lately. I'm jaded. I need a new challenge.
Buy a few acres in the country and when its paid build a little house.Once its dried in you could finish out of pocket without a bankster giving it to you without lube.