Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > International Section > Other International

Other International Here is an area for shooters from Europe, Asia, Africa, and all points in between.

Old 09-01-2018, 02:18 PM   #1
Smitty24

Tamarindo, CR suggestions

My wife and I are planning on being down in Tamarindo in November and I’m hoping to get out and do some spearing while there. From what I’ve read there’s good shore diving, which I plan to do, but I’m also looking for a charter and coming up empty handed. Agua Azul and Ryan don’t appear to be operating anymore and he seemed to be the one most recommended. The rest of the charters I’m seeing are either around Jaco or Los Suenos. If anyone has any suggestions I’d greatly appreciate it. I can probably convince the wife to add a second location if there’s a spot that’s better than Tamarindo, but I’d definitely like to stay in the Guanacaste Province if possible. Thanks for any and all help!

Last edited by Smitty24; 09-01-2018 at 02:58 PM.
Smitty24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 07:17 PM   #2
Timinator

Re: Tamarindo, CR suggestions

South of Tamarindo about an hour is Marbella. Just south of that is Playa Azul and the Sanctuary Condominiums. At that location there is a dive shop/dive master that has a couple of nice boats and he knows the spots up and down the coast there very well. You will kill fish. The shore diving north and south from there is excellent too. You can do some searches and check it out, if you want contact info for condo's there, let me know.
Old 09-01-2018, 07:29 PM   #3
Smitty24

Thanks! I looked them up and will probably shoot them an email to find out more info. I’d like to find someone a little closer if possible, but they’re close enough to definitely go with if all else fails. Then again, if the dive master is that good it certainly might be worth the drive. Thanks, I appreciate your help!
Smitty24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 08:12 AM   #4
Timinator

I'm not sure if I'd make the drive down there from Tamarindo to spearfish, but I'd stay down there instead of Tamarindo. A lot less people, crime, traffic, etc. Very serine and very beautiful.