Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All Other Gear

All Other Gear Tanks, BCDs, Regs, Fins, Stringers, and all other gear we use in Spearfishing.

Old 08-19-2010, 04:00 PM   #1
Joes978

Sporasub Breeze Snorkel Review

I bought this wanting to see what a $40 snorkel would be like. I'll use it tomorrow, but first impressions are that it is made fairly well. But it is made in Taiwan. $40 for a Chinese snorkel?? It also has no snorkel retainer, so you have to buy one or put it under your mask strap. I'll post more after I use it.
Joes978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 04:20 PM   #2
cmburch
Blue Crab

Re: Sporasub Breeze Snorkel Review

Looks like a snorkel. I sometimes think the middleman mark-up in the US by the distributer is outrageous. It may be cheaper in Europe.
cmburch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 05:57 PM   #3
Joes978

Used it today, and it is by far the best snorkel I have ever used. Really easy to breathe, really comfortable mouthpiece, and never got in the way. I'll never use my mares Saumrai extreme again. Still not sure why its $40 though.
Joes978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 09:36 AM   #4
armandoz
cUban MissLe!

The cost does not justify the breathing quality IMO, but I am glad you like it man it was designed to be that good it seems. The mouthpiece is what is all about, I have a tusa and the silicone on that thing is so soft no jaw stiffness what so ever. GL. Did you get mystic mask also ?

What not even made in Italy! WTF careful bud! Snorkel retainers are over rated and most pro spearos don't use them that's prob why it didn't come with one they become useless, Slide it under the mask and you will get used to it eventually best way to have your snorkel because it doesn't pull your mask down at all since there is no attachment to straps.
armandoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 09:50 AM   #5
jfjf

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmburch View Post
Looks like a snorkel. I sometimes think the middleman mark-up in the US by the distributer is outrageous. It may be cheaper in Europe.
It doesn't look that different from this one for $12.95???

http://makospearguns.com/details.php...=61&category=5
jfjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 02:05 PM   #6
vollegal

I think its a great snorkel. in fact the best i ever had. The lower part is made of harder(normal) material so it wouldnt bend. the upper part is made of soft rubber so it wouldnt make noises when you hit rocks with it. its simple and good quality.
But seriously, i wouldnt spend more than 25euro for ANY snorkle.
here http://www.simones-hammerladen.de/ca...roducts_id=631 you can get it for 17. im pretty sure simone would ship it to the us and it would be still cheaper than 40$.

btw first post - yay

greets robin
vollegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 01:26 PM   #7
stefpix

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmburch View Post
In Europe is $13, the markup in the USA is outrageous (same for beer, French / Italian wine, coffee drinks ).

The safety buoys price difference between EU and US is crazy as well. In the USA with $30 you get a crappy round buoy you are going to lose the flag. In Europe with $13/15 you get some smart designs like the Salvimar double buoy that you can wrap the line around or the Mares Apnea with integrated inflatable flag, really visible orange and a tray where I can clip an underwater camera, phone in waterproof case, water bottle etc.
In the USA you can not find buoys with integrated inflatable flag, that even is smaller than 12 inches I noticed it is more visible.

I sometimes order from European stores, even with shipping I pay about half what I would pay in the USA.

I am up for supporting local stores, but the markup in the USA on a lot of things is outrageous.
stefpix is offline   Reply With Quote