Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing

Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing Post here to discuss regional action or issues about spearing on Florida's Gulfcoast.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-29-2010, 02:36 PM   #16
saltydog7seas
Hog Assassin

Re: Mullet jumping daily 17 ave north, north shore drive

I was out there last week and got my 5. Actually I hit 7 on one shot and threw two with "white row" back. Good thing I did too because right after FWC came around checking everyone.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:49 PM   #17
plawhead

FYI Some years ago the FWC enforced a county regulation of no spearfishing in state waters off Citrus county(9 miles out). This regulation was not legal as fishing rules are a state domaine. Now if the limited mullet rule is Pinellas, or St Pete, I would venture that they don't have authority to make such a rule. It took many letters and calls and over a year to get the state to notify FWC Citrus that it was legal to spear in state waters off the county.
plawhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:13 PM   #18
fishingdude
Lost at Sea.....

Send a message via AIM to fishingdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltydog7seas View Post
I was out there last week and got my 5. Actually I hit 7 on one shot and threw two with "white row" back. Good thing I did too because right after FWC came around checking everyone.
7 mullet with one shot!! holy cow!

4-6 is always better than 9-5

Check out my YouTube Channel:
SPEARFISHING VIDEOS
fishingdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:03 AM   #19
makomaster
sb's most hated

some years ago they designated the area between the pier and the gandy bridge as a mullet spawning area,well the brain surgeons at fwc should know by now that mullet spawn offshore,plus the residents on coffee pot bayou got tired of the gillnetters getting drunk and pissing on their lawns,
makomaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:36 PM   #20
SkywayGray

Send a message via AIM to SkywayGray

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkremenGSXR View Post
That would have been me throwing the net and getting couple hundred pounds of fish and the rest making it on before the commercial guys could even wake up and get their boats started up and run over to the pier and throw. I was called every name in the book. They threw like 3 minutes too late...hahaha Ya snooze ya loose..
They didn't throw 3 minutes too late. You threw on the front of the school and probably not even on the "Meat" school.. People are out there making a living and you were called everyname in the book because you were Wrong.. If you are going to cast then wait till the tail end of the school.. Just a lesson learned...
SkywayGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:05 PM   #21
chawk25

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkywayGray View Post
They didn't throw 3 minutes too late. You threw on the front of the school and probably not even on the "Meat" school.. People are out there making a living and you were called everyname in the book because you were Wrong.. If you are going to cast then wait till the tail end of the school.. Just a lesson learned...
Thats the truth. I thought I'd be a mullet guy after high school and made this same mistake. You only screw up once around those guys though.
chawk25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:07 PM   #22
SkremenGSXR

Send a message via AIM to SkremenGSXR

Just so you guys know I have my commercial SPL and I know how to net mullet VERY well. I DID throw on the meat. I let the school come out to the point the bottom was black way out. The guys were sleeping on the seawall and I wasnt going to let the fish just go on by untouched. So before you make accusations be sure you know what your talking about. Im by far a newbie to fishing and netting!
SkremenGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:25 AM   #23
sailcrazy
cracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkremenGSXR View Post
Just so you guys know I have my commercial SPL and I know how to net mullet VERY well. I DID throw on the meat. I let the school come out to the point the bottom was black way out. The guys were sleeping on the seawall and I wasnt going to let the fish just go on by untouched. So before you make accusations be sure you know what your talking about. Im by far a newbie to fishing and netting!
If u only have your spl u better stop bragging about doing 200 pound throws of fish u need a R.S. To sell
Old 12-09-2010, 09:01 AM   #24
Isurus
Pelagic Hunter

Enjoy it while it lasts. Mullet fishing in Florida is a tradition. But eventually even mullet will be off limits. They are an important food fish for larger predators - which we all know are in danger and in need of protection. And we certainly know as much about mullet population dynamics as we do about bottom fishes.

by the way, SkremenGSXR, perhaps your kids could be both honors students and good at fishing. Just a thought. Not much of a future these days being a mediocre student who can fish. See what I mean?
Old 12-09-2010, 06:40 PM   #25
SkremenGSXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isurus View Post
Enjoy it while it lasts. Mullet fishing in Florida is a tradition. But eventually even mullet will be off limits. They are an important food fish for larger predators - which we all know are in danger and in need of protection. And we certainly know as much about mullet population dynamics as we do about bottom fishes.

by the way, SkremenGSXR, perhaps your kids could be both honors students and good at fishing. Just a thought. Not much of a future these days being a mediocre student who can fish. See what I mean?
All I can say to your comment is HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. That sticker is just a spin off of the ones kids get from their schools. Its just a funny for fisherman!
Old 12-09-2010, 06:41 PM   #26
SkremenGSXR

[quote=sailcrazy;1333437]If u only have your spl u better stop bragging about doing 200 pound throws of fish u need a R.S. To sell[/QUOTE

I know what I need to have to sell and catch commercial limits. If you would like to see copies of trip tickets to the market your more then welcome to view. Im not an idiot and I know the laws!
Old 12-24-2010, 01:56 PM   #27
makomaster
sb's most hated

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailcrazy View Post
If u only have your spl u better stop bragging about doing 200 pound throws of fish u need a R.S. To sell
remove thy splinter from your own eye before you remove the plank from your brethren
makomaster is offline   Reply With Quote