Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Off Topic Area

Off Topic Area Enjoy a virtual beer at the bar, and talk about anything else on your mind that may not pertain to spearfishing.

Old 03-25-2020, 11:33 AM   #16
Ron S

Re: You had a good run Grandpa.. yur on your own

What is of more immediate concern to me is some of our college age kids and what they are doing. We live in a fairly small, but tourist, town in the mountains. Currently we only have three documented cased in our county. My two sons are now home from college and we pretty much stay in the house, except to go outside to walk in the forest, or get groceries once a week.
My concern though, is the behavior of some of my boys’ old classmates. A bunch of them rented a house in a bigger city where they are attending college. (This college was twice voted “best party college in the nation”), and these kids love to party. Now that the school is closed, these idiots are posting all kinds of party photos on facebook, with the house packed with drunk young adults. Those young adults then come home to visit mommy and daddy. If anything is gonna spread this virus quickly, it’s this reckless, self centered behavior.
One of the little snots even posted the suggestion that they all get the virus, then get over it and be done with it. They just don’t get it. Their behavior could quite literally kill their parents and a lot of other people.
Scary!
Ron S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 12:01 PM   #17
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
What is of more immediate concern to me is some of our college age kids and what they are doing. We live in a fairly small, but tourist, town in the mountains. Currently we only have three documented cased in our county. My two sons are now home from college and we pretty much stay in the house, except to go outside to walk in the forest, or get groceries once a week.
My concern though, is the behavior of some of my boys’ old classmates. A bunch of them rented a house in a bigger city where they are attending college. (This college was twice voted “best party college in the nation”), and these kids love to party. Now that the school is closed, these idiots are posting all kinds of party photos on facebook, with the house packed with drunk young adults. Those young adults then come home to visit mommy and daddy. If anything is gonna spread this virus quickly, it’s this reckless, self centered behavior.
One of the little snots even posted the suggestion that they all get the virus, then get over it and be done with it. They just don’t get it. Their behavior could quite literally kill their parents and a lot of other people.
Scary!
That's because they don't believe the BS anymore. They've learned that the MSM constantly lies. They seem to be still lying about the lethalness of it.
Now it appears that it's much worse than described by the MSM. This is from my research of personal accounts posted on non MSM/Fakebook/Tweeter sources.
WHO, CDC, MSM...all run by globalists which have documented their wanting for global depopulation. Stay vigilant.
Friendly reminder... lol

“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 01:43 PM   #18
Marcus

https://i.imgur.com/51kf8n9.mp4
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
Old 03-25-2020, 03:31 PM   #19
North Star
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
The stupidity of youth. If this represents the quality of thinking of the younger generation, there is no hope for the future of America. I sure hope they get smarter as they get older...if they manage to get older.

Last edited by North Star; 03-25-2020 at 10:53 PM.
North Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 04:12 PM   #20
popgun pete

Global death toll passes 20,000, as Spain overtakes China as second worst-hit country.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
popgun pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 09:16 PM   #21
Trailrunner

"The stupidity of youth. If this represent the quality of thinking of the younger generation, there is no hope for the future of America. I sure hope they get smarter as they get older...if they manage to get older."

And now the Lt. Governor of Texas, Dan Patrick, has come out saying essentially the same thing as the Springbreakers' (but in a less inebriated, more eloquent way), and he is being applauded.
Trailrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 09:10 AM   #22
jfjf

From Elsewhere:

When this is all over, I never want to hear the words: "pro-life" used to describe anyone who argued that we should kill Grandma to prevent the economy from suffering.
jfjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 10:01 AM   #23
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatDiver View Post
When I hear open borders I think of immigration. But a pandemic like this can get into the US even if we allowed zero immigration. We have the freedom to travel the world and millions do for business and pleasure along with most of the rest of the world. Much of Florida's economy is dependent on that tourist travel from all over the world. I don't see that stopping. So we need to get through this virus and be a whole lot more prepared for the next one. And countries that aren't going to do their part to prevent the next pandemic need to be held accountable.
You are correct but a border with no restrictions has lead to outbreaks of TB,Measles,HepC,Whooping cough and lots of STDs that WERE on the decline here.Border Patrol officers get the brunt of it.Then there is the sex trafficking of children,narcotics and the crime.
Then you also have the economic impact of undocumented people milking a already unstable system.
Old 03-26-2020, 10:06 AM   #24
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBLIGATED View Post
You are correct but a border with no restrictions has lead to outbreaks of TB,Measles,HepC,Whooping cough and lots of STDs that WERE on the decline here.Border Patrol officers get the brunt of it.Then there is the sex trafficking of children,narcotics and the crime.
Then you also have the economic impact of undocumented people milking a already unstable system.
Progressives: "BUT WHAT ABOUT THE HUMANITY!!"
Old 03-26-2020, 10:07 AM   #25
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Star View Post
The stupidity of youth. If this represents the quality of thinking of the younger generation, there is no hope for the future of America. I sure hope they get smarter as they get older...if they manage to get older.
Its not just college kids.A mayor in a town south of me invited people to come up and stay in the mountains.Guess what they brought?Locals are really pissed and some of the "Artsy"crowd are scared shitless.
Strong college kids may shake it off but people with issues probably wont or will have damaged organs.
Old 03-26-2020, 02:45 PM   #26
popgun pete

A time for senior citizens to sacrifice is postulated by a guy who will have access to every medical intervention to save his own life, being a State Lieutenant Governor, says "I am all in"!?
Old 03-27-2020, 02:37 PM   #27
Ron S

I wonder how many cases there are in North Korea?
Old 03-27-2020, 03:31 PM   #28
popgun pete

Quote:
I wonder how many cases there are in North Korea?
Many countries ran by authoritarian regimes are keeping numbers a secret, probably to stem any discontent amongst the people that might lead to a revolt against their "leadership".
Old 03-27-2020, 10:43 PM   #29
Ron S

After I posted that I googled my question. What I came up with on a couple sites it that N. Korea is officially stating that they have zero cases, but privately asking for aid. I would conclude that they have an unknown number of cases, but are denying it.
Old 03-30-2020, 10:20 AM   #30
OBLIGATED

Quote:
After I posted that I googled my question. What I came up with on a couple sites it that N. Korea is officially stating that they have zero cases, but privately asking for aid. I would conclude that they have an unknown number of cases, but are denying it.
The people there are malnourished.Any group of people that is under nourished,has immune issues or breathing issues will probably get hammered by the virus.Knowing the way the dictator is over there he probably is burning anyone that coughs to save his fat short dick self.