Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Texas Gulf Coast

Texas Gulf Coast The Gulf Coast of the great state of Texas all the way from its border with Louisiana to Mexico is represented here

Old 01-06-2015, 10:07 PM   #46
malibujohn

Re: Punta Mita road trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMITLESS View Post
Can you keep us posted on the water temp, the visibility, and how the fish are?
Water is 79-80 degrees. Board shorts and 3 mil top for loading pad. Inshore they are getting pargo, AJ and a lot of dorado, offshore it's BIG pargo and wahoo at Corbetania and IF you can get out To el banco, HUGE tuna, 100-300 lbs!! Wind has been blowing but might be real good by the time you guys arrive.
malibujohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 10:08 PM   #47
LIMITLESS
Anything is possible...

Awesome!

https://youtu.be/Dkqo-KWsjfQ
matthew7stall(at)gmail(dot)com
LIMITLESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 10:10 PM   #48
geofri
Ectothermic member

geofri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 10:11 PM   #49
newbiee1987

El banco always producing good fish man... I remember my dad pulling marlin from los capetillos... I'm feeling nostalgic lol... the reef at corrales holds a lot of fat cabrilla...
newbiee1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 12:46 AM   #50
Gaudi

Good luck guys , I just got back to the Usa today and I am buried with work.
Gaudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 11:24 PM   #51
alejqandrocosmo
Alejandro

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbiee1987 View Post
El banco always producing good fish man... I remember my dad pulling marlin from los capetillos... I'm feeling nostalgic lol... the reef at corrales holds a lot of fat cabrilla...
We will definately check those places out
alejqandrocosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 06:02 PM   #52
malibujohn

So yesterday I finally get out to corbetania and the water is green! The whole way out I could see the off color and hoped it would clear but it didn't. Wind picked up as soon as I jumped in and within an hour I could barely make out the boat as Alonzo and his mate were trying to catch Bonita for chum. Threw the flashers and had schools of crevalle circling me. Vis was probably 20 feet and the temp was 80. Even with my nautilus lifeline clipped on my belt on got a lil nervous out there seeing as we were the only boat there. Finally held up my gun HIGH and made the call to head to el morro. Jumped in between the rock and boiler and the seas were roiling. The vis was worse hear, except at this spot as soon as you jumped in the amberjack would make a pass to check you out. After a couple times of that I loaded up on the boat and the Third time was a charm. Hit the first one to swing by and it went 27 kilos, a nice fish. Hit it in the head and it never even twitched. Dropped it off and made some drops for pargo. Saw a few in the 10-15 lb class but didn't even take a shot. Always fun to get wet but was a lil disappointed overall. Chilled with my girl today to let the wind settle but still seems like it blew out there. I will find out soon when some guys I know get back. Inshore was green also but could have shot tons of triggers, parrotfish and smaller grouper near our hotel. Keep your fingers crossed!!
Old 01-08-2015, 06:11 PM   #53
alejqandrocosmo
Alejandro

Was the 27 kilo fish a tuna? And was this in the reef or "blue" water hunting attempt? Thanks for the report
Old 01-08-2015, 06:27 PM   #54
malibujohn

[quote=alejqandrocosmo;2016434]Was the 27 kilo fish a tuna? And was this in the reef or "blue" water hunting attempt? Thanks for the report[/

Was an amberjack. And it was at el Moro , an area of boilers and two large rock upcroppings. Pretty awesome there when the sea is in motion!
Old 01-08-2015, 06:31 PM   #55
alejqandrocosmo
Alejandro

Nice ok we have to check that one out. Do you mind telling me who you chartered with and price please? Was it with pm expeditions or someone else?
Old 01-09-2015, 01:47 AM   #56
LIMITLESS
Anything is possible...

Thanks for the update!!

https://youtu.be/Dkqo-KWsjfQ
matthew7stall(at)gmail(dot)com
LIMITLESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 10:08 AM   #57
malibujohn

My bro Pepe, who works for Sebastian at P.M expeditions told me that yesterday they took a father/son out on a combo diving/ fishing trip. They spent a couple hours at Corbetania and they had chum along with the flashers. They had a large school of dorado come in an blasted a couple and they saw 3 wahoo in the 50-70 lb. range. They whiffed on the shots they had and then left when the son got seasick. He actually liked the conditions because thr wahoo were coming in VERY close to check out the flashers. As I sit here looking out over the sea I can see that it has calmed down considerably overnight. We are moving over to the four seasons today so tomorrow I will be giving it another shot! Forecast is looking good so you guys might be money! He says there is a nice high spot in front of four seasons, so maybe after I get settled today, I will check it out.
Old 01-09-2015, 10:17 AM   #58
malibujohn

Unfortunately Sebastian has an exclusive with both the four seasons and st.regis. The hotels send him all types now so it's not like he does JUST spearo trips. His prices are definitely a lil higher, but don't worry, there are a TON of locals who are very knowledgable and will work hard to get you to the fish, and be grateful for you business. They charge anywhere from 300-500 a day, where as p.m. Expeditions will charge double that.
Old 01-09-2015, 10:47 AM   #59
alejqandrocosmo
Alejandro

Cool. We are booking a day of blue water with sebastian. Pepe is really cool. He too my girlfriend and i last time and we had a great time
Old 01-13-2015, 07:44 AM   #60
Timinator

Well, how's the trip going? What's the latest updates.