Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Southern Atlantic Seaboard

Southern Atlantic Seaboard Here's the place for shooters from Georgia up to Maryland, including the Carolinas and Virginia.

Old 06-06-2017, 04:43 PM   #1
fishyak
Going deeper!

Savannah ga

It's too quiet down here. Imna make some noise.

I could have taken a dozen of these on Saturday but I only took one, cuz that's all I'm eating before it goes bad.

Ga diving rocks! Why aren't there more ga divers! ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170603_102809.jpg
Views:	808
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	233788  

"You gotta watch out if you don't know where you're goin', you just might not get there." -Yogi Berra
fishyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 10:22 PM   #2
DKirby

Re: Savannah ga

I'm up in Athens but have family on St. Simons. Grew up in Miami and try to make it down there whenever I can to fish and spear. FFI Level 1 certified and am happy to make it to the coast. Anywhere to free dive or are you on tanks?
DKirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 07:49 AM   #3
fishyak
Going deeper!

The inshore reefs are 45' - great freediving depths but the visibility is generally terrible (5 or 6 miles offshore). there are offshore reefs at ~60 feet which I've dove with success but it's a 20 mile run. I prefer to freedive but my primary dive buddy (girlfriend) prefers tanks so it's a mix.

Further out (~40 miles) , it get's crazy but I haven't done anything but rod and reel. there's navy towers (like oil rigs) loaded with all sorts of goodies. the snapper banks are 120' and loaded. (a little too deep for me to freedive though).

the stream is 60-100 miles out...drifting for pelagics, anyone?

really you just need a fast/ big boat and there's all sorts of cool stuff.

-Gabe

"You gotta watch out if you don't know where you're goin', you just might not get there." -Yogi Berra
Old 07-19-2017, 01:13 PM   #4
DKirby

If you're ever looking for a free dive partner to share expenses or split a charter, feel free to PM me for my contact information. I'm always looking for a good adventure and am comfortable to 65 on a good day. Depending on court schedule, I could be there on pretty short notice.
Old 07-20-2017, 07:21 AM   #5
fishyak
Going deeper!

Haha, "Court schedule"?

oh, lawyer, riiight. heh heh.

cool stuff, I'll let you know - we usually run the slow boat to china out and back but it's getting old fast. I might be looking for a charter to try in the not too distant future. I'll let you know

Old 07-20-2017, 06:49 PM   #6
DKirby

Ha. Yeah, I started to write court dates but didn't think that would get me invited anywhere. Being a lawyer is bad enough. Let me know.
Old 07-20-2018, 09:40 AM   #7
just10

I live an hour west of savannah and am scuba and freedive certified looking for some people to spearfish with around the area.
just10 is offline   Reply With Quote