Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Old 05-15-2016, 09:20 PM   #1
kwdiver93
The Florida Fish Massacre

ulusub

So I have one of the original koahs the marksmen I have the third onevee built it has Sentimental Value to me and would lIke to hang it up. Impaler spearguns are all the rave down here in the keys but im.usually one to go outside the norm and ulusub gu s have peaked my interested any inside thoughts or personal use
Old 05-15-2016, 10:37 PM   #2
frankt
apneist

Re: ulusub

one of the smoothest shooting guns i ever shot but a bit bulky in a 150 mid handle i would highly recommend it if your ok with a gun that has a bit more mass to it
frankt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 08:08 AM   #3
slingshaft
Hunter, Gatherer

More mass is better, especially if the gain is in the width.
This elliptical shape allows the gun to slice through the water.
~~ Score one as soon as you can.
Cheers, Kerry.
slingshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 08:09 AM   #4
Behslayer

Our guns are always changing. During the next months I will be building guns for our Bluewater Season up here in the North East. For Pics of our latest builds and Videos of these guns in action check out our Facebook page Ulusub Spearfishing Co.

155RH Carmina Delores Model:
This is a blue water capable Rear Handle. A great Wahoo gun, also perfect for deepwater Reef fishing where you are chumming up fish like Mutton Snapper, Jobfish, African Pompano, Cobia, King Mackeral, or fish like Yellowtail. etc. This gun can also be used for Tuna and has been tested in the field in this capacity thoroughly by Spearfishing Panama Guide Anthony Dooley who has only used this gun all season using perfect shot placement to land many tuna up to 180lbs. Gun has a 25' range from the tip of the shaft with 20' Kill zone.

155RH (62" Total Length)
-3 Small ID Bands
-Open Magnetic Track
-Teak
-AR-15 Handle Base with options for Grip
-Adjustable Weight System
-5/16" Threaded Shaft. (Can shoot 11/32" but we like 5/16")
-Bluewater Reel with Line

170MH Shot Placer Model:
This is a Bluewater Mid Handle. This gun can be configured to the order of the customer. It can come with or without Reel. It can come in an Enclosed Track for 5/16" configuration, or with an Open Track and Adjustable Weight System so that it can use either 5/16" or 11/32" Shafts. These guns can also come cut for 3 Bands, or able to use 3 or 4 bands. These guns are considered 'Slim'. 3 Bands? This gun has 56-60" of Band Stretch. Using 3 Small ID Bands at a hotter setting you can generate a Lot of power. In our testing we found that we could get 25' of Kill Range from the tip of the shaft. Some customers prefer 4 bands at lower % setting as they are easier to load and with smooth release. Some prefer 3 bands at hotter % setting as it is quicker to load and though there is more Snap, there are only 3 bands so the recoil is similar. This is a Bluewater Gun. I made these originally for our diving up here in the NorthEast where some of the bigger Tuna stay a little deeper as a "Swimmers Bluewater Gun". The ease of loading 3 Bands is also an advantage for getting in and out of the boat without keeping your gun loaded. Great for Wahoo, Tuna, and any Spearfishing in Clearer Water where you will not have structure behind your targets. Guys also use these very effectively on the West Coast for WSB, Yellowtail, and Bluefin.

170MH (69" Total Length)
-3-4 Small ID Bands
-Enclosed or Open Track
-Teak
-AR-15 Handle Base with options for Grip
-Adjustable Weight System
-5/16" Threaded Shaft or 11/32" Threaded Shaft
-Bluewater Reel with Line or cut for No Reel

I'll make you a good gun if either of these two match your needs, that's what I'm making.
Behslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 09:28 AM   #5
kwdiver93
The Florida Fish Massacre

anybody know how this gun compares to say an abellan deton
Old 05-16-2016, 09:42 AM   #6
Snapper Mangler

I've shot both and own an Abellan. Really both are great guns, it's a chevy/ford thing at that point. For my style I prefer my abellan but jon can make you anything you want so..
Snapper Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 03:06 PM   #7
B shift

I've got an Ulusub on order, haven't been able to find a bad thing about them anywhere or anyone say anything bad about them. I cant wait to get it!
B shift is offline   Reply With Quote