Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 04-07-2020, 10:43 PM   #1
AJP
Reluctant User

Is the MX border closed?

Is the Mexico border actually closed? Can someone verify this via firsthand account, and not a two-week old news article?

I thought that it was closed, but I have heard otherwise. Can't find anything recent in the news about this.

Thanks.
AJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 03:13 PM   #2
davidiskol

Re: Is the MX border closed?

my buddy was in mexico for the last month and drove back last week
davidiskol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 03:37 PM   #3
Bob Ballew

...Not a good time to go down yet....Things are officially shut down until May 30...road blocks up at numerous locations, with some villages blocking the main road except for locals...pangas grounded with questions about even locals going out...don't count on being able to rent a boat....The virus has hit Baja and with confusing rules at every turn, it is worse than with our bureaucrats who switch directions every other day....
...Me, I wouldn't pay ahead of time for a hugely discounted airline fare...the airline may go bankrupt within a few months if people still aren't flying...latest reports are that all the gas stations have gas and are open...tomorrow?..who knows..
Bob Ballew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 01:48 PM   #4
diveincanada

I'm booked to travel late July(Bahamas). So far, seems airlines will be operational at that date but it seems that the insurances companies don't want to cover any traveling...
diveincanada is offline   Reply With Quote