Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Hawaiian Islands

Hawaiian Islands Aloha - Paradise exists for the shooters of the Hawaiian Islands

Old 10-13-2015, 03:56 PM   #1
seguyette
Starving Student

Talking Kona 10/17-10/24

Its been a few years since I've been spearfishing. Lived in Miami for 4 years from 2006-2010, and was freediving/spearfishing 2-3x per week then. I moved to SLC for work after that and all my gear has sat in a closet collecting dust. Now I'm living in Washington and trying to get back into it whenever I travel.

I'm going to be on the Big Island next week, staying with family locals, but none of them spearfish or dive. I've drug my gear around the country long enough and want to put it to use.

I will be bringing most my dive gear including a floatline, float, bungee, etc. I'm debating leaving the spearguns at home right now because I don't know where to even go, let alone memorizing the regulations.

I will be staying in Kailua-Kona. Anyone willing to meet up and dive? Let me know some spots to check out for beach diving? Let me tag along on a dive? Let me know. I could always pack my guns but right now without a confirmed dive partner will likely just be diving and watching them swim away!
Cheers,
Stephen
Old 10-20-2015, 11:30 AM   #2
seguyette
Starving Student

Re: Kona 10/17-10/24

Bump. Been out a couple of times shore diving. Brought some great that looks like it isn't going to get used. I've got a Riffe bungee and Neptonics float line with integrated bungee I'm going to list on Craigslist before I leave if anyone is interested. Or could trade for gas money to go out for the day

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/big/spo/5276049124.html