Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-28-2015, 11:25 AM   #16
Marco

Re: Wetsuit recommendations

David (Oceanographical): How can you say that a wetsuit is "durable" if you had returned it without use? I really don't get it...
An I have nothing bad to say about ANY of the companies you mentioned, but your statement is, to say the least, confusing.

One free tip for you: If your wetsuit is tight at the neck area, just put in there a deflated soccer or basket ball and inflate it so it stretches out the wetsuit at the desired area. You either use some baby powder or soapy water to place the ball in.

IMHO: Double beaver clip is the best fastening system for that area. Comfortable, easy to engage and you have still one if one of them breaks.

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work
Marco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 06:53 PM   #17
Gordolordo

He may have returned it, gotten a new one, and is commenting on the one that fits.
Gordolordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 11:02 PM   #18
2fishin2
Pacific Spearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco View Post
David (Oceanographical): How can you say that a wetsuit is "durable" if you had returned it without use? I really don't get it...
An I have nothing bad to say about ANY of the companies you mentioned, but your statement is, to say the least, confusing.

One free tip for you: If your wetsuit is tight at the neck area, just put in there a deflated soccer or basket ball and inflate it so it stretches out the wetsuit at the desired area. You either use some baby powder or soapy water to place the ball in.

IMHO: Double beaver clip is the best fastening system for that area. Comfortable, easy to engage and you have still one if one of them breaks.
This is what I was primarily laughing about. Thanks for making sense.
2fishin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 03:27 AM   #19
oceanographical

Marco, I used all of the suits I mentioned and put them through a decent amount of dives before selling or exchanging them, except the Mako, so i dont really know how durable that is in the long run. I said the Mako neoprene seemed durable just based on trying to tear the sample they send with the suit and what I hear from others that I dive with. Some of the less durable neoprene's tear easier than others in my experience. Hope that's less confusing.

Thanks for the soccer ball tip. I might have to try that sometime.
oceanographical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 05:30 AM   #20
Marco

I forgot to say to leave it there for a couple days.

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work
Marco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 02:27 PM   #21
GBS14

Talking Re: Wetsuit recommendations

Thank You everyone! i appreciate all the input quite a bit. for just getting into the sport i feel like i have pro knowledge haha. much appreciated
GBS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 10:15 PM   #22
Atmosphere
Ryan Z.

Has anyone tried the Xcel camo two piece for free diving? I get an email from them once a month, can't remember how I got signed up. However today's email had their free diving suit. Looked good other than the fact it's not open cell. It's closed cell with their thermo technology. I have their surf suits with it and love them but have been under the impression that open cell is the only acceptable cell for CA freediving. Thoughts? Sorry to hijack the thread.
Atmosphere is offline   Reply With Quote