Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-12-2018, 02:06 PM   #15
Chainsaw

Re: Newport Beach Boat Auction

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEX View Post
I've learned a lot from Dave Ramsey and you can't build wealth using debt, sorry Bob I disagree. 1000 in free cash a year is nice but it's not building anyone wealth. Avoid credit cards and pay cash! Your real estate advice is solid though for generating a passive income.
Ramsey is spot on.
But So is Bob.
My wife and I always pay off our credit cards at the end of the month, never carrying a balance and therefore no debt.
All our cards either give us miles for travel/vacationing or 3% cash back. We are going to spend this money monthly anyway so might as well profit off of the generous credit card offers. If I could I would pay my house payment with them but they don't allow paying a debt with a debt card.
That being said, if you are not able to or do not have the discipline to pay off your credit cards each month don't do it. But for us, free first class fights to Spain is a darn good deal for free, spending the same money we would spend anyway.
Also look for deals on new credit cards that will give you 30-50k miles just to sign up and then cancel the other card and start anew with the next one.
Tentative manager Long Beach Neptunes
Waterman's Alliance founding member
Daryl Wong
Mori
Ennis customs
2 time Long Beach Neptune's Blue Water Meet winner 2007 and 2016
Chainsaw is offline   Reply With Quote