Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-21-2016, 08:50 PM   #1
nosajmal
Trini Spearo
 
nosajmal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Trinidad & Tobago, W.I
Age: 31
Posts: 302
JBL Euro 120 - Shafts ?

Been searching the forum and the internet but I can't seem to find what I am looking for.

What type of spear does the JBL Euro 120 shoot ? It comes with a 9/32 (7mm) spear can it accept 8mm spears ?

And the Spear design and notch design - Can you use let's say riffe spears for the JBL mech ?
__________________
All Day I Dream About Spearfishing !
nosajmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 11:27 PM   #2
phil herranen
Registered User
 
phil herranen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: santa cruz
Age: 42
Posts: 5,473
Re: JBL Euro 120 - Shafts ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosajmal View Post
Been searching the forum and the internet but I can't seem to find what I am looking for.

What type of spear does the JBL Euro 120 shoot ? It comes with a 9/32 (7mm) spear can it accept 8mm spears ?

And the Spear design and notch design - Can you use let's say riffe spears for the JBL mech ?
I will try a riffe euro shaft tomorrow, I think mine has a 5/16 shaft ,but my gun is preproduction .
__________________





frv owners discount http://spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=134606
phil herranen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 03:26 PM   #3
popgun pete
Registered User
 
popgun pete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,559
Re: JBL Euro 120 - Shafts ?

JBL Eurogun shaft
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JBL Euro shaft.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	230075  
popgun pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 03:37 PM   #4
phil herranen
Registered User
 
phil herranen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: santa cruz
Age: 42
Posts: 5,473
Re: JBL Euro 120 - Shafts ?

A riffe euro notch shaft will snap in and lock , but you will have to try it to see if it holds under load . A ra shaft is almost exactly the same notch as jbl
__________________





frv owners discount http://spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=134606
phil herranen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 04:06 PM   #5
nosajmal
Trini Spearo
 
nosajmal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Trinidad & Tobago, W.I
Age: 31
Posts: 302
Re: JBL Euro 120 - Shafts ?

popgun pete - I saw that but it did not make much sense. as the images for the JBL Euro guns are mini tab spears. but i saw no pics of those spears and the notch configuration.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	55
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	230077  
__________________
All Day I Dream About Spearfishing !
nosajmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 04:07 PM   #6
nosajmal
Trini Spearo
 
nosajmal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Trinidad & Tobago, W.I
Age: 31
Posts: 302
Re: JBL Euro 120 - Shafts ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil herranen View Post
A riffe euro notch shaft will snap in and lock , but you will have to try it to see if it holds under load . A ra shaft is almost exactly the same notch as jbl
Phil was it a 8mm spear or 7mm ?
__________________
All Day I Dream About Spearfishing !
nosajmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 04:36 PM   #7
phil herranen
Registered User
 
phil herranen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: santa cruz
Age: 42
Posts: 5,473
Re: JBL Euro 120 - Shafts ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosajmal View Post
Phil was it a 8mm spear or 7mm ?
6.5mm riffe and 7mm jbl and ra . The 5/16 is a custom with shark fins , a 8mm should fit if it was made right, but 8mm is kind of heavy for that gun
__________________





frv owners discount http://spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=134606
phil herranen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 04:43 PM   #8
phil herranen
Registered User
 
phil herranen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: santa cruz
Age: 42
Posts: 5,473
Re: JBL Euro 120 - Shafts ?

Sorry I just noticed that you habe the elite euro not the reaper . The euro uses standard American notch shafts . A standard riffe 5/16 shaft works fine (jbl is cheaper ) only use jbl 9/32 shafts on that gun they are round top the riffe is flat top and will jump the sear and miss fire . For 5/16 ether brand works fine
__________________





frv owners discount http://spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=134606
phil herranen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 05:04 PM   #9
nosajmal
Trini Spearo
 
nosajmal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Trinidad & Tobago, W.I
Age: 31
Posts: 302
Re: JBL Euro 120 - Shafts ?

Thanks for the confirmation guys.
__________________
All Day I Dream About Spearfishing !
nosajmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 05:25 PM   #10
popgun pete
Registered User
 
popgun pete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,559
Re: JBL Euro 120 - Shafts ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosajmal View Post
popgun pete - I saw that but it did not make much sense. as the images for the JBL Euro guns are mini tab spears. but i saw no pics of those spears and the notch configuration.
M8 Trigger Mechanism is the clue, until I looked I thought that it was only in the "US style" guns that most of us use, cocking stock versions and all.
popgun pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 08:49 PM   #11
YoungMarine
Registered User
 
YoungMarine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: LA
Posts: 39
Re: JBL Euro 120 - Shafts ?

I have a JBL Euro 120 woody. I couldn't even get a straight answer calling JBL, but will tell you that standard American shafts work fine with it. I haven't even used the flopper it came with. Picked up a 55" 9/32 shaft from Benthic Ocean Sports so I could attach a 5" slip tip. I originally thought it might be too long, but it actually shoots spot on. http://benthicoceansports.com/collec...hreaded-shafts
YoungMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 07:34 AM   #12
nosajmal
Trini Spearo
 
nosajmal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Trinidad & Tobago, W.I
Age: 31
Posts: 302
Re: JBL Euro 120 - Shafts ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungMarine View Post
I have a JBL Euro 120 woody. I couldn't even get a straight answer calling JBL, but will tell you that standard American shafts work fine with it. I haven't even used the flopper it came with. Picked up a 55" 9/32 shaft from Benthic Ocean Sports so I could attach a 5" slip tip. I originally thought it might be too long, but it actually shoots spot on. http://benthicoceansports.com/collec...hreaded-shafts
Thanks man.
__________________
All Day I Dream About Spearfishing !
nosajmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
120, euro, jbl

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:16 AM.


The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Social Media Forum Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2002 - 2014 Spearboard.com