Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > Memorials and Condolences for Diver Passings

Memorials and Condolences for Diver Passings This forum is intended for Rest in Peace Threads where we as a community offer condolences and memorialize those diver who have passed away. Safety, Accidents and Incidents discussion has a separate forum.

Old 08-04-2015, 08:30 PM   #1
brandon cadalzo

RIP Natalia Molchanova

God speed to her and sincere condolences to her family and friends. Quite possibly the best freediver in history.http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...sc=ipad&f=1001
Old 08-04-2015, 10:09 PM   #2
SpearMax
Forum Administrator

Re: RIP Natalia Molchanova

May Natalia rest on eternal peace.
SpearMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 07:29 AM   #3
IrieSpearo
Just Chillin'

May she rest in peace.

According to the article:
"She was diving without fins to around 30 to 40 m and supposable got into strong underwater current,"

I will go ahead and asume it was a downward current, anyone have any experience with one of those..must be hard dealing with a thing like that without fins.
Old 08-05-2015, 07:50 AM   #4
Chuuken
Mike Wilborn

Rip
Chuuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 04:21 PM   #5
Runngo
Drums 'n' Divin'

I am starting to question if I should stop entirely, every story I hear reduces my bottom time, my concentration, everything. It's so sad to hear this, and I force myself to remind myself that the simple general rules apply to everyone. RIP. So sad, I'm gutted
Runngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 06:23 PM   #6
kwtony
Snorkel Master

Sad sad news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runngo View Post
I am starting to question if I should stop entirely, every story I hear reduces my bottom time, my concentration, everything. It's so sad to hear this, and I force myself to remind myself that the simple general rules apply to everyone. RIP. So sad, I'm gutted
Consider a Freedive Recovery Vest. Im working on getting one myself.
Old 08-10-2015, 03:33 AM   #7
spearq8

Still is a mystery what happened, but very sad indeed. With regards to a recovery vest, getting one is one thing and using it is another. I bought one for me and my brother (who incidentally suffered a wet SWB once) but I am finding it hard to get oneself to use it. It is quite large and cumbersome and not easy to travel with. Instead I simply just halved my downtime. I guess if you are in one location and not using aircraft to go from one place to another it could be less of a problem.
spearq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 12:51 AM   #8
TheMackDaddy
hoos your daddy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearq8 View Post
Still is a mystery what happened, but very sad indeed. With regards to a recovery vest, getting one is one thing and using it is another. I bought one for me and my brother (who incidentally suffered a wet SWB once) but I am finding it hard to get oneself to use it. It is quite large and cumbersome and not easy to travel with. Instead I simply just halved my downtime. I guess if you are in one location and not using aircraft to go from one place to another it could be less of a problem.
why is it hard to travel with? i know this is an old thread but is the current model hard to travel with?
TheMackDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 11:38 AM   #9
dctrjayyy

The FRV is hard to travel with because you have to explain to TSA/Airport Security what it is, generally go through secondary inspection and show them their own rules that show that a lifevest with CO2 is allowed (always carry a copy of that regulation).

I also understand the cumbersome argument as we already carry a lot of dive gear. It can be frustrating to add more to the equation.

That said, I never notice mine in the water. The hassle at the airport is manageable. The things works just like it is supposed to.

Overall, I am very happy with it and thankful to have it. I'm sure my wife/kids are too.
dctrjayyy is offline   Reply With Quote