Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Miami and The Florida Keys

Miami and The Florida Keys Have a report, or want to discuss spearing in Miami or the Keys? Post here!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.83 average. Display Modes
Old 01-14-2015, 06:19 PM   #16
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Re: Don't Understand???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespearfishing View Post
i aint tryin to impress a bunch of men like u might be doing costa hunter, i am trying to open some peoples eyes about the sport and about cheating with tanks....and what ever u see is a glimpse of what i do , i can see u get offended as most likely u dive and shoot as well. its not about who can shoot the biggest fish and hold their breathe the longest , its about love for the sport.... and diving while shooting has no love for it.... and especially hating on peoples opinion about what is right in the long run. i don't got no vids to watch and if i did its on a tour , different then chartered spearfishing, different people at different skill levels, not sure if ur remark was to hate on me but u r jus like the rest of cheating divers that use tanks to kill fish, always hating when they know we is right

This guy here thinks you're a sorry piece of crap cheating freediver with all your fancy equipment. He wants to make laws to prevent you from using fins, masks, band guns, etc..
He thinks you're raping the resource because you can swim so far down and see so clearly w/ that mask and fins. Furthermore, you can shoot fish from almost 20 feet away!! You a sorry cheater that knows nothing about the sport! You should be ashamed!!

The thing is, it's not just about sport. It's about bringing home fish to eat. As long as it's done in a sustainable way. Do you know what that means??? Sustainable?? A dead fish is a dead fish no matter how it's killed.

Stop spouting your ignorance and think.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 06:30 PM   #17
Thespearfishing

Marcus is jus a sorry excuse for wat we are talkin about , stay out the topic
Thespearfishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 06:32 PM   #18
Thespearfishing

Yea that is a video , but that is a snorkel tour , we go above and beyond for our guest , show them wat they pay for ... Not a spearfishing video
Old 01-14-2015, 06:34 PM   #19
Marcus

Quote:
You're blinded by your own ignorance. This debate has gone on at least 30 times I've been on here. Go research, think, then try to say something intelligent.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
Old 01-14-2015, 06:35 PM   #20
Thespearfishing

Look spearhunter I am not here to argue or fight about this or that , I'm about talkin about the issue and talk about how it's not fair , I ain't knocking ur fun or wat u like to do , bottom line ur a water person n that's cool , I'm tryin to open this up bigger and push tanks to b illegal as for the sport of it disappears ... Imagine any other sport that allows u to cheat , would it b fun ? NO
Old 01-14-2015, 06:42 PM   #21
Marcus

Quote:
Imagine any other sport that allows u to cheat , would it b fun ? NO
How do YOU define a "sport". ?? Everyones' definition is different. Is rod reel fishing a sport? Crabbing? Collecting shellfish? Shooting ducks? Deer? Collecting mushrooms? Growing big vegetables? Canning food? Using coupons to get the best deal at the supermarket??
Sometimes it's just about putting food in the freezer. If you want to define it as a sport, then you need to only go when you are in a free diving competition with all the rules applying to everyone in the competition. THEN, it's a sport. You don't get to define what a 'sport' is to everyone else. Using tanks and spearfishing equipment, along with the knowledge, is mega sportier than buying your days old seafood at the market. As long as it's done in a 'sustainable' manner, it's all good.
Please, shout less on your high horse. Ignorance, prejudice, and fear walk hand in hand.

Last edited by Marcus; 01-14-2015 at 08:23 PM.
Old 01-14-2015, 06:43 PM   #22
spearhunter11
Surgical Shooter!

Good luck on your pursuit on getting tanks banned in country you don't even live in! I actually wasn't trying to argue with you, just trying to get you to see the other side but clearly you are stuck in your way.
spearhunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 06:47 PM   #23
Tyson Brown
Mer*Man*. Mer-MAN!!!

This guy is all over the place: http://www.spearboard.com/showthread...56#post2017756
Old 01-14-2015, 07:08 PM   #24
jfjf

Quote:
If that is the best video you can produced to promote your Spear Shack operation... I can see why you would rather not talk about how deep you dive and how and where you spearfish..

jfjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 08:18 PM   #25
jetro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VangysWay View Post
Who needs tanks when you can stand
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr4M1DrwM7w
No deco or breath up required.
jetro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 08:23 PM   #26
VangysWay

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetro View Post
No deco or breath up required.
What a dream, right? I'm booking my trip as we speak
VangysWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 08:33 PM   #27
Marcus

Come on guys, lets not play 'smear the queer' here. Please discount my poetic inclinations, but....let's give him the chance to explain the technical difficulties noted in his video. Albeit, hauling tanks around while stepping on the coral would give you much more crushing power to flatten out the ground beneath you for stability...but is that cheating when you're trying to chum up the local habitat for pretty pics?
Old 01-14-2015, 09:04 PM   #28
Thespearfishing

For the last time that video is not a spearfishing tour , that is a snorkel tour, never ever touching the reef , I can see That I am dealin with some senseless people on this site , I ain't reaching out to u , so u should go , I'm reaching out to the real spearfishing people , the ones who do it for what it is , not using dive tanks and feelin proud of killin out the sea , ones that kill for the purpose of the sport free diving , giving the fish that equal chance . Some won't understand as usual . Lol
Old 01-14-2015, 09:07 PM   #29
Marcus

Quote:
For the last time that video is not a spearfishing tour , that is a snorkel tour, never ever touching the reef , I can see That I am dealin with some senseless people on this site , I ain't reaching out to u , so u should go , I'm reaching out to the real spearfishing people , the ones who do it for what it is , not using dive tanks and feelin proud of killin out the sea , ones that kill for the purpose of the sport free diving , giving the fish that equal chance . Some won't understand as usual . Lol
Ever buy any meat at the supermarket, cheater? Did it have an "equal chance"? Did all the people involved in bringing it into your mouth..."cheaters".
Given your logic, shouldn't everything you eat be harvested yourself, otherwise...you're a cheater.
Old 01-14-2015, 09:08 PM   #30
jfjf

Quote:
I like it.. I agree... If you stay in less than 8 feet deep there is very little chance of "killing out the sea". I bet you got some bad ass gear at the Spear Shack..

jfjf is offline   Reply With Quote