Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Sponsor Announcements! > Manufacturers

Manufacturers Here is info relevant to manufacturers who are sponsors of Spearboard.

Old 01-06-2018, 01:16 PM   #1
MAKO Spearguns
Sponsor

12vdc Hot Water Heater for my MAKO Portable Power Wash/Shower System

Hey Guys,

The other day, I did a run to Cape Hatteras for some cold water diving and a little salvage operation.

It was really cold so I thought I would take the opportunity to test a badass little 12-volt dc water heater for use with my MAKO Power Wash/Shower System. I bought this little heater at a truck stop, of all places, for about $12.00. Its’ original purpose is for warming your coffee in your truck. I’m not a coffee drinker, but I thought it might work to heat the water in my MAKO Power Wash Bucket while driving down the road.

Man..this thing is awesome!

I filled a 5 Gallon bucket (from Lowes) with water from the sink in my garage. Water temp was a chilly 49 degrees. I put the bucket in the back of my Expedition, plugged in the mini 12-volt hot water heater element, dropped the probe in the water and left my house, near Sandbridge Beach, close to the Virginia / North Carolina boarder. When I arrived in Nags Head/Kitty Hawk (about an hour drive), the water temp in the bucket had risen to 65 degrees.

About 30 minutes later, I arrived at the Oregon Inlet and the water in the bucket had risen to over 70 degrees. The wind was heavier than I expected from the North with only 2 foot vis (no diving today), so I headed to down Cape Hatteras for a little salvage operation.

About 1 hour later, I arrived in Hatteras and the water temp in the bucket was a whopping 82 degrees.

In approximately 2.5 hours, this 12-volt mini hot water heater increased the water temp from a frigid 49 degrees to a whopping 82 degrees. Perfect for taking a shower after a dive.

Compared to other rinsing and shower kits out there, I really think my MAKO Power Wash System is the absolute best system available. It offers much more water and power and ease of use (and much easier refilling) and it is less than half the cost! And now, with these 12vdc mini water heaters, you can have hot water whenever and where ever you need it.

I don’t yet have the mini 12-volt hot water heaters on my site yet, but I am working on it. I need to test a few different models. I will let you know when I have them. For now, you can pick one up at a truck stop!

For more info on my MAKO Portable Power Wash and Shower System, please click here:

https://www.makospearguns.com/Portab...wer-p/mppw.htm

Thanks guys for taking time to read this.

Dive safe,
dano

http://www.makospearguns.com/

http://www.facebook.com/makospearguns

HIGH PERFORMANCE GEAR - DIRECT FROM MAKO - NO DIVE SHOP MARKUP!
MAKO Spearguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 03:01 PM   #2
sealark

Re: 12vdc Hot Water Heater for my MAKO Portable Power Wash/Shower System

I hate to tell you but 82 degrees is cold as hell on your 98.6 temperature body. That heater is useless as a shower. Keep it for coffee or tea.
sealark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 05:30 PM   #3
MAKO Spearguns
Sponsor

Hey Sealark,

I guess it depends on where you are from and what you are used to. In the winter time, in Virginia and North Carolina, an 82 degree wash down after a surf or a dive is awesome!

Thanks

Dano

http://www.makospearguns.com/

http://www.facebook.com/makospearguns

HIGH PERFORMANCE GEAR - DIRECT FROM MAKO - NO DIVE SHOP MARKUP!
MAKO Spearguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:28 AM   #4
WESTBURY

nice!
I'd use it

WESTBURY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:32 AM   #5
grouperdown

Looks good, maybe an insulated would help increase the temp. I think that would work good on my sailboat when traveling!
grouperdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:36 AM   #6
grouperdown

think I saw an insulated yeti 5 gal bucket at the store the other day. If you are willing to send me a power wash shower I would gladly but a yeti bucket and record and post the results. lol
grouperdown is offline   Reply With Quote