Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Old 08-20-2018, 09:49 PM   #1
popgun pete

Wanted to buy: JBL Magnum muzzle set for Travel Combo smaller gun

I was burgled a year or so back and fortunately the guy never stole any spearguns, principally because I never store my guns with their spears and I have some of their parts removed. Anyway I was recently returning my JBL Magnum Travel Combo to its carry case when I discovered this POS had taken the small gun's winged muzzle complete with two bands, shooting line with bungee and line slide. I decided to replace it only to find that JBL don't sell the Magnum any more. I am after the cast alloy biplane muzzle, not the plastic one, and the old style line slide.

As luck would have it I recovered my stolen Gateway laptop when someone who had bought it from a guy who approached him while stopped at a gas station discovered that all my stuff was still on it. He rang me and offered to return it if I would repay what he paid ($150) for it. Naturally I jumped at the opportunity to recover my laptop. Interestingly the Chrome history log showed that the thief used it for a day and downloaded Vietnamese You Tube videos amongst other things, even purchased some items on eBay using his own ID. Looks like he thought the JBL muzzle was some type of slingshot. He was interested in weapons as he took my dive knives as well.

I sent the Chrome history logs to the Police, but heard no more from them. So with only the laptop recovered I now need to replace my Magnum muzzle.

Any ideas? I contacted JBL via email explaining the situation, but no reply to date.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JBL Travel Magnum Combo stolen part.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	239362  
popgun pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 09:54 PM   #2
popgun pete

Re: Wanted to buy: JBL Magnum muzzle set for Travel Combo smaller gun

I definitely want the alloy winged muzzle, not the plastic version, plus the older style line slide. Where my stolen muzzle ended up I don't know. I checked eBay for a while, but never found anything.
Old 08-24-2018, 02:01 PM   #3
deanmc
FII Professional

Not sure if this is the one from JBL you are after, (It's plastic unfortunately). You can have it for the cost of shipping if you want it.

deanmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 04:25 PM   #4
popgun pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanmc View Post
Not sure if this is the one from JBL you are after, (It's plastic unfortunately). You can have it for the cost of shipping if you want it.

Thanks for the kind offer, however Sam at JBL contacted me via email and indicated the necessary parts from the current JBL Spearguns parts list. I have been hoping to pick up the alloy muzzle and ring type line slide, maybe even mine if someone purchased it on eBay! I have been inquiring at a number of long established stores to see if they have NOS hidden away in a box or drawer. I remember seeing such items many years ago. but never bothered to buy them.
Old 08-26-2018, 05:37 PM   #5
popgun pete

Here are some photos of my "JBL Travel Magnum Combo" set now that the shorter gun muzzle is missing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JBL Magnum 1R.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	239421   Click image for larger version

Name:	JBL Magnum 3R.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	239423   Click image for larger version

Name:	JBL Magnum 2R.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	239426   Click image for larger version

Name:	JBL Magnum 4R.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	239427  

Last edited by popgun pete; 08-26-2018 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Changing image size
Old 09-18-2018, 10:47 PM   #6
manoa matt

Pete,

Pretty sure I have that alloy muzzle and the line slide. Let me take a photo and update this post later.

Matt
manoa matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 11:44 PM   #7
popgun pete

Thanks Matt, actually I saw an old VOIT "Magnum" on eBay recently and one of my associates is going to send the complete gun to me, sans the spear which was missing. Naturally it is completely made from "old skool" parts. I was shocked when I discovered that the VOIT/SWIMASTER/JBL had been discontinued as despite the rubbishing that the "old timer" JBL guns received here at times I slew plenty of fish with my gun despite some aspects of it not being ideal. The fish were oblivious to the source of propulsion when the 3/8" shafts crashed through their skulls.