Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Politics/Religion Forum

Politics/Religion Forum This special place is for threads that are primarily on political or religious subjects.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 38 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-16-2012, 09:31 PM   #1
apexdiver
Tony

what will happen to our gun rights?

after what happend in that school the other day ive been hearing alot of talk about banning assualt rifles.im wondering if this will go into effect or when.which i dont think of an ar15 as an assualt rifle unless it is fully automatic.so anybody that has thought on what might happend please reply.
apexdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:40 PM   #2
Bill McIntyre

Re: what will happend to our gun rights?

Can you read? Every newspaper is full of articles with statements from proponents and opponents of gun control. Pick one.

Its a bit premature to ask if "this" will go into effect and when, when no legislation has been proposed in either the Senate or the House.

But if I had to bet, I'd bet nothing is going to change. The NRA is too powerful, and the gun culture is too much a part of our society. Don't worry. Just work on your grammar, composition, and capitalization and we'll let you know if anything changes.
Bill McIntyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:44 PM   #3
STITCH
EMT

Bill. Might want to check this out.
http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2...-congress?lite
STITCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:47 PM   #4
SteelBait
and Li'l Bait

Hard to say. But just to be on the safe side I would highly recommend buying one or twelve right now just in case they do ban them. It's probably already too late to get a deal though, I imagine the prices will skyrocket starting tomorrow morning, and they will be sold out by the end of the week. Same advice goes for high capacity magazines and even ammunition. Saw it all before with the first ban back in '94. Here we go again, although I suspect if they do push a ban through it won't have an expiration date like the last one did, another words it will be forever. Of course it doesn't matter that statistics show crimes commited with them didn't decrease during the ban or increase after the ban was rescinded .
SteelBait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:48 PM   #5
Bill McIntyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by STITCH View Post
Bill. Might want to check this out.
http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2...-congress?lite
Sure.

"Top Democrat will seek new gun law in next Congress."

Sounds like a slam dunk to me. I'm going to rush out and buy more Bushmasters before you guys beat me to them.
Bill McIntyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:54 PM   #6
apexdiver
Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McIntyre View Post
Can you read? Every newspaper is full of articles with statements from proponents and opponents of gun control. Pick one.

Its a bit premature to ask if "this" will go into effect and when, when no legislation has been proposed in either the Senate or the House.

But if I had to bet, I'd bet nothing is going to change. The NRA is too powerful, and the gun culture is too much a part of our society. Don't worry. Just work on your grammar, composition, and capitalization and we'll let you know if anything changes.
lol im sorry just a little in shock thank you
Old 12-16-2012, 10:35 PM   #7
fitz
yea, I'm a prick, so what

No one is talking about the obvious, ending mass schooling. They just say "Let's just enact another law" a "paper" law that does nothing to stop bullets. End the mass public schooling and eliminate the "target zone". Gun free zones, invite the criminal, not deter them.

Being called a traitor by the Republican establishment is a badge of honor. It's like a toothless meth-addled hooker shouting, "You don't know what you're missing!" as you just walk by.

fitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:59 PM   #8
unkabonka

I'm seriously thinking of placing an order tomorrow for an AR or AK variant... I think they have some pretty good political capital with the American public right now for a AWB
unkabonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:02 PM   #9
2fishin2
Pacific Spearo

im going out and buying an AR today. they are such great hunting rifles.....i dont know how i've done for so long without one. oh yeah maybe grammer would be a better way to spend that money....
2fishin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:13 PM   #10
Knoah15

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitz View Post
No one is talking about the obvious, ending mass schooling. They just say "Let's just enact another law" a "paper" law that does nothing to stop bullets. End the mass public schooling and eliminate the "target zone". Gun free zones, invite the criminal, not deter them.
x1,000,000
Knoah15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:19 PM   #11
apexdiver
Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fishin2 View Post
im going out and buying an AR today. they are such great hunting rifles.....i dont know how i've done for so long without one. oh yeah maybe grammer would be a better way to spend that money....
lol wrote that super fast
Old 12-17-2012, 12:29 AM   #12
campbellc0321
Cortez Morning

what will happen to our gun right?

Now- nothing.

Tomorrow- nothing.

Next year- maybe lose a few things.

In four years- will have to see, the few things are already gone.

16 years from now- low power bolt action only, handguns a thing of the past.

That's as far as my crystal ball goes.

Pretty much the same with our fishing rights, or as some say " privilege ".
One day it will be gone. And you will be a criminal for feeding yourself
and family.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:22 AM   #13
SteelBait
and Li'l Bait

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fishin2 View Post
im going out and buying an AR today. they are such great hunting rifles.....i dont know how i've done for so long without one.
Wow, and your a spearfisherman? You sound just like the people who want to ban spear fishing, just because they don't enjoy the sport themselves they want to ban it (or could care less if it's banned). I can see it now, legislation will be proposed to ban having more than one spear at a time, shorter length or longer length spearguns will be banned, you can only spear fish in certain areas and at certain times of the year, you'll have to have a 2-week waiting period and FBI background check to buy a speargun. Oh, and of course there main argument (like yours apparently) would be spear fishing is not "sporting", what possible use could there be for a speargun when we have fishing poles. The poor fish doesn't have a chance like it does with fishing.
SteelBait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:24 AM   #14
jackpine savage
Kill your food

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexdiver View Post
lol im sorry just a little in shock thank you
So are you a little in shock because 20 children were murdered or because they may attempt to regulate access to a dozen type of firearms. If you answer the second so closely after the first occurred then you really are something else.

Last edited by jackpine savage; 12-17-2012 at 07:34 AM.
jackpine savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:57 AM   #15
spaghetti

Simon sez:
you don't really need an assault rifle at home. A rifle okay, a shotgun okay. A handgun okay. A huge collection of rifles, shotguns and handguns okay.
But an automatic assault rifle or a .50 sniper rifle in every house is not okay.

You-don't-really-need-it-at-all.
spaghetti is offline   Reply With Quote