Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Politics/Religion Forum

Politics/Religion Forum This special place is for threads that are primarily on political or religious subjects.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 38 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 01:56 PM   #46
Bill McIntyre

Re: what will happend to our gun rights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by riplipper View Post
And maybe do a little diving??
Naw, the medical problem precludes that too. But it doesn't really matter. The fish I like to hunt aren't around this time of year.
Bill McIntyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:18 PM   #47
Wayward Son
You're Screwing Up My Chi

that's a good plan.

my brother in law is flying back to germany today, he's lived there for 17 years. His dad died week before last & he flew in to help settle things. Didn't make it before he passed but did make it for the funeral, which was monday.

hopefully, both will have good flights.

http://www.thefra.org

If god turns out to be a lobster, I am so royally screwed...
Wayward Son is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:02 PM   #48
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McIntyre View Post
Just ask me any time you want the facts.
Well, I guess here they are being that they're coming from the MSM.

Police "Disclose" Second Rifle, Then Coronor Reports All Wounds Came from a Rifle.

Quote:
It was originally reported that Adam Lanza brought three weapons to the school: 2 semiautomatic pistols and a .223 Bushmaster rifle, the latter of which was found in the back of the car. Police said Lanza had used the rifle to kill his mother before driving to the school.

ABC News, Dec. 14th:

According to sources, Lanza shot his mother in the face, then left his house armed with at least two semi-automatic handguns, a Glock and a Sig Sauer, and a semi-automatic rifle. He was also wearing a bulletproof vest.

Lanza drove to Sandy Hook Elementary School and continued his rampage, killing 26 people, authorities said. He was found dead at the school. It appeared that he died from what was believed to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound. The rifle was found in his car.

Washington Post, Dec.14:

A law enforcement official — who, like others, spoke on the condition of anonymity because the investigation is far from finished — said Adam Lanza fatally shot his mother in her home, then drove in her car to Sandy Hook Elementary.

He had two semiautomatic pistols and a .223-caliber rifle, law enforcement officials said. He apparently used only the handguns, which were later found in the school. The rifle was found in the vehicle.

Soon after police "disclosed" the presence of a second rifle. USA Today reports on Dec. 15th:

The suspect, 20-year-old Adam Lanza, committed suicide following the shootings. Two semi-automatic handguns were found near his body. Authorities said they had found a .223-caliber assault rifle in a car, but had not previously disclosed a second rifle Carver [the coroner] said was used in the shootings.

Also on Dec. 15th ABC News reports the coroner's statement that all wounds were caused by a rifle:

"All the wounds that I know of at this point were caused by the long weapon," [the coroner] said...

Police have not stated to whom the second rifle was registered, nor explained why the second rifle was not disclosed in the first place. They have said the initial three weapons were registered to the mother. Slate.com on 12/15 said:

The two semiautomatic pisols and .223-caliber Bushmaster rifle Lanza used in the shooting were registered to his mother, whom several witnesses identified as an avid gun collector.

Authorities have also not commented on the man who was chased into the woods and taken into custody, with the chase captured on police helicopter video.

POLICE VIDEO:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YzCEAUUB20
Old 12-17-2012, 06:05 PM   #49
Bill McIntyre

Jesus Christ Marcus.

OK, all reports are variations on an MSM conspiracy. The guy really used a crossbow.

Now can we move on?
Old 12-17-2012, 06:29 PM   #50
apexdiver
Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burg John View Post
You wanna tell me how fast i can drive? How much horsepower is "enough power" ???? How many mcdoubles can i put down in one day???

Clearly by your nomenclature, you have no idea what you are talking about, so thinking YOU can decide which guns are dangerous by what you hear on TV is ridiculous.

Ar15s are fun ass guns, ammo is cheap, tons of flavors, and if you get a colt it will never malfunction lol (gun guys get it). When I'm breaking in a newb with their first shots down range, the 223 is my go to. Its loud as hell but very simple (to operate), barely kicks, and like i said, fun as all get out so its sure to hook them.

On the other side, me and my LONG TIME shooting buddies are very active in "long range" "precision" shooting. I have evolved from a 308 to a 300 win mag and now shoot a 338 lapua magnum much to my wallets discontent. I have my eye on a single shot 50 bmg because 700 grain bullets sound like a hell of alot of fun to me, its my thing, I'm into long range paper punching. I like reloading and setting up the chrono too so who the hell are you to tell me i cant smoke something or drink something... or own something i have every damn right to.

You cant legislate morality.
Same here i have 9 ar15s but shoot the 308 much more.You know you can buy a 50caliber upper for the ar15,it shoots the same bullets as a 500 s&w magnum.
apexdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:39 PM   #51
Marcus

Quote:
Jesus Christ Marcus.

OK, all reports are variations on an MSM conspiracy. The guy really used a crossbow.

Now can we move on?
Huh? You quoted the MSM as gospel. I quoted the same MSM and it's now a conspiracy?
What about the evidence of cop video chasing people into the woods and handcuffing them...but yet their identities not being revealed?
Old 12-17-2012, 06:42 PM   #52
Bill McIntyre

Here's one more. I think its pretty much settled.

Quote:
Investigators said it could take months to create a full account of the events preceding and during the killing rampage on Friday at Sandy Hook Elementary School, which has been sealed off as a crime scene. The Connecticut State Police on Sunday officially confirmed the identity of the killer, Adam Lanza, 20, and said he shot himself with a handgun after taking the lives of 26 other people, 20 of them first-grade students, at the school, using an assault rifle. Before going on the rampage, Mr. Lanza had killed his mother, Nancy Lanza, 52, in the house they shared not far from the school, law enforcement officials said.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/18/ny...tinues.html?hp
Old 12-17-2012, 06:48 PM   #53
STITCH
EMT

Quote:
Sure.

"Top Democrat will seek new gun law in next Congress."

Sounds like a slam dunk to me. I'm going to rush out and buy more Bushmasters before you guys beat me to them.
This "Top" enough for you Bill?

Harry Reid opens door to Senate gun control debate

With pressure building from Democrats, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid opened the door Monday for legislative action on gun control in the wake of the deadly massacre at a Connecticut elementary school last week.

http://www.politico.com/story/2012/1...ate-85188.html
STITCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:49 PM   #54
Burg John
hogfish ceviche bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexdiver View Post
Same here i have 9 ar15s but shoot the 308 much more.You know you can buy a 50caliber upper for the ar15,it shoots the same bullets as a 500 s&w magnum.
Seen this bad boy? http://www.tactilite.com/

I had a 450 marlin upper for my ar10 for a while but sold it. Then had a 6.8 mm ar15... Sold it, stick to 308 in my 18" ar10 and 223 in my 3 ar15s at 10, 14.5 and 20".

Spend more money in gas nowadays than guns but will always have a collection.

1996 seadoo xp 800
2003 lowe 1648
1994 aquasport 22.5
1973 chriscraft 30
Burg John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:57 PM   #55
Marcus

Quote:
Here's one more. I think its pretty much settled.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/18/ny...tinues.html?hp
Ah...I see it will takes months to complete the investigation but it is in your opinion, that the alleged one shooter used an assault rifle. Got it. Never mind that multiple reports that the Bushmaster left in the backseat of the car wasn't fired and there are no eye witnesses of the shooter published....let alone bearing a rifle.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:57 PM   #56
STITCH
EMT

Fl voters take note.

Rubio open to changes in gun laws

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/..._election-2012
STITCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:00 PM   #57
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by STITCH View Post
Fl voters take note.

Rubio open to changes in gun laws

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/..._election-2012
Of course, Rubio is an establishment shill.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:03 PM   #58
Bill McIntyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by STITCH View Post
This "Top" enough for you Bill?

Harry Reid opens door to Senate gun control debate

With pressure building from Democrats, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid opened the door Monday for legislative action on gun control in the wake of the deadly massacre at a Connecticut elementary school last week.

http://www.politico.com/story/2012/1...ate-85188.html
OK, he "opened the door." Don't worry, it will blow over. Today I was listening to someone on NPR discuss the possibility that meaningful gun control legislation will pass, and he pointed out that Republican's have a majority in the House, and there is no way they'll let anything get buy.

And then he mentioned Democrats in the Senate who were from mostly rural states where gun control is a non-starter, and Reid was one of them.

Honesty- do you really think anything that makes significant changes will pass? Is so, relax. It ain't going to happen. The gun culture is so deeply imbedded in our society and the NRA is too strong.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:15 PM   #59
fishingmiami

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean_314 View Post
Ban the violent video games that train these kids to commit mass murder from the tender age of ????

Lets for once deal with the real problem.

Oh but wait Hollywood is the second largest contributor to the Democratic Party.....hmmm ok so the problem with not be dealt with or even talking about.

Gun owners and that industry vote Republican and support the Republican Party so lets not deal with the problem and destroy the gun industry...and hurt the Republican Party.....

Good Democrats they really care about this country and the kids that are getting destroyed by Hollywood....
BINGO..........you just hit the nail in the head.........funny how long it took for someone to mentioned this.
fishingmiami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:17 PM   #60
HARVESTER

Quote:
OK, he "opened the door." Don't worry, it will blow over. Today I was listening to someone on NPR discuss the possibility that meaningful gun control legislation will pass, and he pointed out that Republican's have a majority in the House, and there is no way they'll let anything get buy.

And then he mentioned Democrats in the Senate who were from mostly rural states where gun control is a non-starter, and Reid was one of them.

Honesty- do you really think anything that makes significant changes will pass? Is so, relax. It ain't going to happen. The gun culture is so deeply imbedded in our society and the NRA is too strong.
Good. We need guns to defend us from idiots that would disarm us, paving the way for sociopath politicians whose best dream is to have ultimate power to decide what rights we should be given...
HARVESTER is offline   Reply With Quote