Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Off Topic Area

Off Topic Area Enjoy a virtual beer at the bar, and talk about anything else on your mind that may not pertain to spearfishing.

Old 12-07-2017, 11:04 PM   #31
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Re: Financial/Investments

Bitcoin has gone straight up 'tarded. My god. I really don't know how anyone of sane mind could feel comfortable buying into that now. I'm also kicking myself in the ass by not purchasing a little years ago when I first learned about it. People are NUTS.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 04:44 PM   #32
OBLIGATED

I bought some BTC and LTC today Bought at both ends of the price scale and crossing my fingers I make a few bucks.
Old 12-12-2017, 05:55 PM   #33
Marcus

It has now exceeded the largest bubble in history, the tulip bubble. It stinks to high heaven. Extremely volatile. I did buy into HIVE.V though, in anticipation of getting in on the ground floor of this crazy stuff. After consolidation for a week or so, it popped at least 20% today on it's new up leg.
What the good thing about it is that it obeys the market mob mentality for which I've read several books to understand. It isn't being manipulated like the rest of the fake market. I can discern good buy/sell points.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
Old 12-30-2017, 07:42 PM   #34
OBLIGATED

SGMD AND MCIGCrypto took a dump but Im holding for the long haul.These two cheap stocks gave me a pleasant surprise.
Wont be getting rich but might help my sailboat fund.
Old 03-02-2018, 12:27 PM   #35
OBLIGATED

Damn sam.
Old 09-25-2018, 07:19 PM   #36
OBLIGATED

Silver and Gold took a small dump.Probably going to grab another 20-30 ounces of silver.Although they have Kilos now that are stackable.
Crypto holdings are depressing so I dont check often.
SWPPX has been good to me.
So much ups and down with the market I think I will stick with the mutual fund and see what happens in 5 years.
Old 09-26-2018, 10:57 AM   #37
fishfan

invest in drones??

http://capitalmarketreview.com/featu...astro_USFB_lal
Old 09-26-2018, 11:34 AM   #38
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan View Post
I love aircraft but I cant afford one now.Especially rotorcraft.
The idea is really cool until you start thinking of the computer getting a glitch and your ass is strapped to a blender that will not auto rotate to earth.Its not like a car or boat when the motor goes.When this thing hiccups somebody is going to die.
Right now Im on a tight budget.Everything is being downsized or eliminated to pay off the property and build up the mutual fund account and possibly ladder a few cds for emergency funds.
Its depressing and boring at times but no mortgage,credit card debt,boat payment or vehicle payments will be sweet.
Old 09-26-2018, 12:33 PM   #39
fishfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBLIGATED View Post
I love aircraft but I cant afford one now.Especially rotorcraft.
The idea is really cool until you start thinking of the computer getting a glitch and your ass is strapped to a blender that will not auto rotate to earth.Its not like a car or boat when the motor goes.When this thing hiccups somebody is going to die.
Right now Im on a tight budget.Everything is being downsized or eliminated to pay off the property and build up the mutual fund account and possibly ladder a few cds for emergency funds.
Its depressing and boring at times but no mortgage,credit card debt,boat payment or vehicle payments will be sweet.
LOL...had the same image in mind except I pictured some kid/hacker in India taking control of the/all of them while they're flying around and just wreaking havoc. Not the place I'd want to be
Old 09-26-2018, 12:34 PM   #40
fishfan

I do like the idea of it for emergency rescue/deliver of people to/from remote areas.
Old 09-26-2018, 03:55 PM   #41
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan View Post
I do like the idea of it for emergency rescue/deliver of people to/from remote areas.
With redundant backup rotors its a neat idea.The computer part will be the weak link.A ballistic chute would help ease some worries too.If it was piloted instead of a computer it would ease some of my doubts about safety.
Rotor craft can auto rotate and possibly let you survive.One side goes out on that beast and you are going to be driven into whatever you hit.There is no glide ratio just drop rate unlike small aircraft.
Old 11-01-2018, 11:49 AM   #42
OBLIGATED

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ir...11-01?mod=bnbh

Old 11-09-2018, 05:00 PM   #43
OBLIGATED

Found this gem on a other site.Any thoughts?
That $150,000 house down the road is a need
That $18,000 car is a need
That $10 a day for fresh food to cook is a need

But you don’t do that do you? NOOOOO

you bought that $500,000 house with too many rooms that over the next 30 years with principle, 4% interest, taxes, and insurance will cost you over $1,000,000. That’s roughly $700,000 more than the 30 year cost of the $150,000 house, not including utilities and repairs. (It’s amazing how many people don’t calculate the total cost of their homes)

You bought that truck for $48,000. With the higher insurance, gas usage, registration fees will run you $35,000 more than the needed car over 5 years. Repeat that 6 times for the next 30 years and it’s an extra $210,000

You buy $5 Starbucks, sugar drinks, snacks, pre made food and more than double your need. Even at $10 more per day it’s $3,650 yearly and over 30 years is $109,000.

Add that up, it’s over a million dollars EXTRA over 30 years.

Yet you want to bitch to me that you have no money for retirement.

BITCH if you separated needs and wants on just those three things and put the EXTRA money each year into the stock market you’d get an estimated $3+ million and retire in luxury.

He forgot boats,guns and booze
Old 12-20-2018, 10:16 AM   #44
Marcus

It appears the worm has turned for precious metals and miners. NUGT is one of my main vehicles.
Probably going to buy a stake in SQQQ as well. Equities are toast after the Fed Reserve announcement yesterday.

Martin Armstrong Exposes 'The Central Bank War' (That Nobody Notices)

Last edited by Marcus; 12-20-2018 at 10:51 AM.
Old 12-21-2018, 02:51 PM   #45
OBLIGATED

Dow is down to 22,640 ish todayI may be crazy but I am going to buy more shares in my mutual fund.
Every time it dumps I buy.Im not rich but put some money in every month even if its only 50 bucks.
Think of the money you spend on fast food,sugar drinks,lotto tickets and trivial things and IMAGINE that money ten years from now going into a nice dive boat.