Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida East Coast Spearfishing

Florida East Coast Spearfishing Let's talk here about spearing on Florida's Atlantic coast. Reports and other issues about this region belong here.

Old 08-11-2018, 10:20 PM   #1
jfjf

Jupiter Snorkeling 8-11-18

Moderate current and clear cool water on the bottom, some areas with dirty water on top. Found only a few fish, currents were strange pushing us off shore, making it tough to drift reefs. Silly short video.

https://youtu.be/xJAzGOFpIpI
jfjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 07:18 AM   #2
jfjf

Re: Jupiter Snorkeling 8-11-18

Oh yeah, I had a pretty scary encounter with my first Tiger. I did a mellow dive to around 45 feet in 60 feet of water, saw zero fish or any real life and made a leisurely ascent.

Upon arrival at the surface, my buddy starts yelling, swimming toward me (from about 12-15 feet away) and pointing his gun at something behind me. I spin around and there is a shark just turning sideways and is maybe 4-5 feet from my butt. I immediately think "that is a big bull" and then look at the eye and realize it is a tiger and in a moment he swims off rapidly in about 30 ft vis.

Apparently he was swimming up at me during my ascent and was snapping his jaws from several feet below me, but I was not looking down and was completely unaware.

We had not speared any fish in this area at all and no fishing boats were within a half mile or more of us (and we were not chumming or gutting fish).
jfjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 08:20 AM   #3
Sea_Bass

That was scary man. I swam over on the surface during his ascent and out of the haze the tiger followed him straight up.I swam at him and then the shark and then straight to the boat. It's mouth was snapping feet from his fins. I dove down and screamed like a chimp on fire. I was about to shoot but the shark just turned? Must have been the secret carbon fiber HD Y2k fins he was testing. Afterwards on the boat he says, "Want to get back in?" We move a little bit and get back in.
Sea_Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 09:59 PM   #4
SEA_ARCHER
The Ocean is Calling

Yeah, I was out Friday and had sharks harrasing me every dive. One of the dives all i had was lobster, the other dives i had sent fish to the surface.
SEA_ARCHER is offline   Reply With Quote