Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Old 09-20-2018, 07:15 AM   #1
Hpwatson

Question about wood inverted roller guns

I'm working on a blue water inverted roller build and have been studying the various designs out there. It seems to me like all that hardware under the gun (pulleys, shackles, etc...) will tear the bottom of the gun up as they whip from one end to the other on the shot. Of course if this were the case I think people would be generally less enthusiastic about inverted rollers but can somebody with experience with wood inverted rollers or any relevant experience at all give me some info on how this works? I've never actually shot one. Does the hardware beat up the bottom of the gun? And does the hardware make it loud to shoot?
Hpwatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 05:19 PM   #2
deanmc
FII Professional

Re: Question about wood inverted roller guns

Channel out some relief on the underside of the gun in line with the pulleys so the hardware doesn't drag against the bottom of the gun.

I built my first inverted a few months ago and I didn't notice any difference in the noise being made when shot. What I did notice was how little recoil there was.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmyXs2OD...fishing_supply
deanmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 02:52 AM   #3
doyenofcastle

Re: Question about wood inverted roller guns

before build try one first ,if you like the performance you can build your own ,sometime we like the mechanism concept of a speargun but when you build it you use it for a week then put it in the store because you try it .
doyenofcastle is offline   Reply With Quote