Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Tournament and Event Archives > 2006 Tournament Archives > The 2006 Hell Divers Rodeo

The 2006 Hell Divers Rodeo This is the place to talk about the upcoming tournament, and post post tournament results and photos!

Old 06-09-2005, 10:07 PM   #16
inletsurf

Re: Wild sh!t

That's a kick ass homepage, Rok!!!
inletsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 12:35 AM   #17
Stinkey Fish

Louis - I like the way you talk....
Stinkey Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 05:58 AM   #18
kill shot
PELAGIC POKER!!!!

HOw long does it take you guys to do a dive in the 250 range. Just curious.
kill shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 01:42 PM   #19
Louis Rossignol
HELL DIVERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kill shot
HOw long does it take you guys to do a dive in the 250 range. Just curious.
This thread got kinda sidetracked, I wanted to hear what the rest of the people diving the HDR saw that they thought was out of the ordinary (wild shit, weird happenings, etc.). But no problem.

Anyway, to answer your question, I normally don't go past 200, and my bottom time is less that 1 minute when going to that depth. But sometimes I may make a detour on my way back to the surface. The whole dive may take 15 minutes though, (descent, bottom time, ascent, chasing fish up shallower, looking in the bell housings for lobsters, then decompression). I just about never decompress if diving shallower than 150. And with 150ft. dives we don't usually take a surface interval, just jumping in at the next rig, is time enough.

From what I believe, if you pick up nitrogen fast, you give it off fast and vise versa.

The bendomatic works no matter how bad you try to f#ck it up. Never needs batteries, never locks you out, never blinks or does that annoying beep that scares all the snappers away.

Rok out

DISCLAIMER: "My spearfishing is entirely legal in the geographic area within which I dive. If you don't like my pictures, posts or website then don't look. I will NOT waste any more bandwidth on this board (or my valuable drinking time) to argue with you ass clowns about it".

http://www.TheRokZone.com/

http://www.HellDivers.org/
Louis Rossignol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 02:12 PM   #20
ROCK BOTTOM

Hey Rok, as far as the weird shit goes, this is my report. When the ole lady was fighting that Almaco at 212 fsw and I told her to let the fish (and gun) go, she thought it was because of the big shark behind me. I didn't see the thing but she said that it was as big around as I am (and I am a fat bastard). She didn't get a look at the head and has no idea how to describe a shark by its dorsal or tail fins but she did say that it reminded her of a Great White. She didn't even bother to point it out to me because she thought that I had seen it and that was why I was telling her to let go.

Other than a few dozen medium sized manta rays on the rip and a big one with about 10 cobia following tightly underneath, we only saw typical shit.

Zz
You got to move your ass."

The Radiators
ROCK BOTTOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 04:29 PM   #21
kill shot
PELAGIC POKER!!!!

Sorry Rok, wasn't trying sidetrack the thread just curious about the crazy shit that you guys are doing. Gets me interested to hear about this kind of stuff. Been keeping track of the HDR for a few years now and will probably be at next years rodeo, all this WILD SH!T you guys are doing has got me fired up for next year already.
kill shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 07:31 PM   #22
Louis Rossignol
HELL DIVERS

1 more thing that qualifies as Wild Shit,

2nd dive of the last day and I got a hanover out of this world, stayed up till 1:30am with some buddies, they didn't have scotch so now I switched to vodka. Big mistake.

We're approaching this rig and before we get to it, I see someone taking a shit off of a dive ladder on a boat that's already tied up to the rig. I tell my crew "Suit up guy's, lock and load", we pull up to the rig with 4 Hell Divers, gear on, guns loaded and ready (we have a captain so we don't have to waste time tying up). I notice the guy on the other boat is Toby Armstrong and he's with Tracy Palmisano. Toby yell's at me, "We already killed them all on this rig"! I look at Toby, and tell my guys "BULLSHIT!!! his hair is still dry"!!!! We plundge,, and that's how I shot 1st place Jack Crevalle in the HDR 2005!
At the rodeo they were hot, but they both admitted they'd have done the same thing. They are friends of mine and competition is competition.

Rok out

DISCLAIMER: "My spearfishing is entirely legal in the geographic area within which I dive. If you don't like my pictures, posts or website then don't look. I will NOT waste any more bandwidth on this board (or my valuable drinking time) to argue with you ass clowns about it".

Old 06-10-2005, 08:11 PM   #23
LASeaCat
Helldivers

Hey Z,

I think the reason your wife dropped the gun is so she could use both hands to try and coax the Shark into eating you!?

Well, me and Chad jumped off to go skin diving and the HD on the boat evidently thought he had a little time and privacy? Well I nail me a Red Snapper and I'm right back to the ladder located between my cat's motors only to see this big white butt with the turtle poking his head out!! Well he cut it off like a beagle seeing a rabbit and I didn't eat the rest of the day!!
LASeaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 08:22 PM   #24
Louis Rossignol
HELL DIVERS

So, your not naming names? My appetite is already f#cked on a dive boat, but now everytime I look at a certain individual, I won't be able to eat.

Rok out

p.s. maybe I don't want to know who it is.

Old 06-10-2005, 08:25 PM   #25
Louis Rossignol
HELL DIVERS

BTW, this is why we have so much time to waste on spearboard.com on a weekend,,,I can't even go trout fishing with this forcast.

Rok out

TROPICAL STORM WARNING IN EFFECT

HURRICANE WATCH IN EFFECT

TONIGHT
EAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KNOTS BECOMING NORTHEAST 30 KNOTS
AND GUSTY IN THE LATE EVENING. SEAS 8 TO 10 FEET BUILDING TO 12 TO
15 FEET AFTER MIDNIGHT. NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.

SATURDAY
NORTH WINDS 30 KNOTS AND GUSTY EASING TO 20 TO 30
KNOTS LATE IN THE AFTERNOON. SEAS 14 TO 17 FEET SUBSIDING TO 12 TO
16 FEET IN THE AFTERNOON. NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND SCATTERED
THUNDERSTORMS.

SATURDAY NIGHT
NORTH WINDS 15 TO 25 KNOTS BECOMING NORTHWEST 10
TO 15 KNOTS AFTER MIDNIGHT...THEN EASING TO 10 KNOTS AFTER
MIDNIGHT. SEAS 6 TO 9 FEET SUBSIDING TO 4 TO 6 FEET AFTER
MIDNIGHT. ISOLATED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.

Old 06-11-2005, 08:39 AM   #26
chasintail
Hell Diver

OK dudes heres my Wild Shit story.
We get to the Lena and the water is so blue its purple.Mobile Diver is tied he up and we start bullshiting.**********tampa says not many fish but he got a big bug and saw a big ass mako.We tie up and I say I ain't divin with a ****in mako.Red Tide,rigdva,and Freedro jump in.Rigdva says "Nick,you have got to dive.There are sharks everywhere and the vis is 200+".Sweet,I grab a camera and over the side I go.
From the surface I could see schools of big black tips cruising at 80ft with a mako or hammerhead mixed in for good measure.We swim all through the rig sightseeing and I take a bunch of pics.Then GR went into full Red Tide mode. He start whacking jacks left and right.I take a few pics and then I watch him dive through the sharks and whack a blackfin tuna.The sharks go ****ing nuts but GR got it to the surface with only one small bite mark.Rigdva is talking about all the HH that were following the tuna.It was sweet!!! Took a few pics of the fish on the boat and GR says "The tuna are here ,lets chum".WONDERFULL IDEA.
Me and rigdva are getting things squared away on the boat and Red Tide shoots another BF.We get his fish in the boat and I jump in.Freedro,Red Tide,and I took turns poking the 6ft blacktips that were so close I kicked one accidentally.10 to twelve foot hammers were getting braver and keep getting closer and closer. GR drops and takes a shot at a BF and misses.I drop and take a shot and only nick the tail.
Back on the surface GR slips on a PH to thin out the sharks that were getting over friendly.First he shoots a black tip and the PH didn't go off.Then he shoots a HH that had been charging me,no boom.PH was a dud.I see a big mako cruise by.That was it,I ran outta BALLS.I call rigdva and said PICK ME UP!!!!! "hold on dude,I gotta float line in the prop" I scream like a little bitch,I'm SERIOUS DUDE.
My ass was so puckered you couldn't have drove a pin in it with a 20 pound maul.YOU HERE THAT MIKE,IM COMING CLEAN,I PUSSED OUT! I get the **** out and down about 4 beers and keep a close eye on my divers.Of course after I got no more sharks were seen.And did I mention this was my first bluewater hunt.I'M HOOKED.
chasintail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 09:52 AM   #27
Mobile Diver

Great story, Nick. Conditions there were unbelievable.
305 849 0866
Mobile Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 12:28 PM   #28
Big Pig
Ken Jones

Best I can come up with was watching a shaft fly by me while I'm holding on to the rig doing a deco stop. I poke my head around the corner to see Rock Bottom's wife stringing up a spadefish. Back on the boat I had to ask her if she was trying to shoot me for the Misc catagory and hit the fish by accident
Old 06-11-2005, 01:00 PM   #29
Freedro
lost gringo

OK, so heres the part Chasintail didn't see when he and Rigdva are in the boat. GR and I are making drops on the Blackfin in the chum. There's no fish showing and GR does this awesome Jedi mind trick on the tuna where he dives on this piece of chum that is just floating there all by itself about 70 feet down. Out of nowhere, this nice Blackfin comes angling up out of the deep right when GR gets to the bait, and he just snapshots it! It was AWESOME!!! How did he know it was coming??? Well, as soon as GR's got the tuna hooked up, this 6-ft blacktip and two 400-lb hammies come right in and start circling and bluffing each other off for who's gonna get the first bite. I had just finished breathing up for a drop on the chum, so I drop down the float line and back up to GR's tuna and go rodeo clown on those sharks, chasing them down and giving them an authoritative jab right behind the ribs, and one by one they each decide that the meal's not worth it. GR was able to get the tuna to the boat, and then he broke out that dud of a PH. The hammies got a lot more respectful, but that one damned blacktip had been bird-dogging me for about 2 hours. I was a lot happier when I was swimming back to the boat and saw the blacktip doing this weird sideways limbo with a big hole in him.

Nick's first shot on the first tuna he encountered was bad-a$$ also. These three tuna came streaming in from right to left, and Nick and I were down there about 60 feet. I was holding just above Nick and to his right. He lines up, and I watch the spear fly and take a little piece of skin off the tuna's tail rudder. I am instantly amazed at just how well and prolifically Nick screams obscenities at 60 FSW with no tank to back him up!
Old 06-11-2005, 01:08 PM   #30
chasintail
Hell Diver

[Nick's first shot on the first tuna he encountered was bad-a$$ also. These three tuna came streaming in from right to left, and Nick and I were down there about 60 feet. I was holding just above Nick and to his right. He lines up, and I watch the spear fly and take a little piece of skin off the tuna's tail rudder. I am instantly amazed at just how well and prolifically Nick screams obscenities at 60 FSW with no tank to back him up![/quote]

I was a tad bit pissed.
chasintail is offline   Reply With Quote